File Name: BaseUp! Rosters VER 1.4

File Submitter: daflyboys

File Submitted: 30 Apr 2011

File Category: Rosters

Version: 1.4

VERSION 1.4

Release Date: 04.30.11

Version 1.4 Features:

• Updated Jason Varitek ratings (ver 1.0 were overinflated)

• Updated Phillies speed tweaks (slight movements)

• All-Star teams now hidden so they do not appear in the FA list in-game

• Cyberface numbers correspond with 2011 Facepack available at EAmods (thanks Homer!)

• Top 100 Prospects labels removed for now

• Chris Sale portrait (White Sox) should now be visible

Click here to download this file

Concerning K-Rod (NYM): I'm currently showing he needs cyber: 303 and photo: 9210 (to compare: http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=408061). I am torquing up his control on all 3 pitches as well and his pitch speeds should be good.

Francisco Rodriguez (LAA): I'm currently showing he needs cyber: (default) 909 and photo: 1949 (to compare: http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=477557). I am correcting his pitch types and speeds. I'm also moving him to the LAA pen and moving Downs down.

Photos in question were: Cervelli, Mijares, Prado and Posey (6803, 6790, 7537 and 8807, respectively) and all are showing up correctly in the editor and in-game.

Cybers in question were: Cruz, Sandoval, Parra and Castro (423, 362, 785, and 14, respectively). They all seem ok, but Parra may appear off as he appears darker in the cyber vs. the picture.

If there are any other suggestions or changes, please let me know.

HOMER: with your embedded Excel sheet over at EAmods, I'm not seeing cybers matching up to photos.... seeing a lot more N/A's. Should I be getting your updated list from somewhere other than that and in the OP for that thread?

Pana do not speak English but there are several mistakes should be corrected ... q

Francisco rodriguez photo is not ..

Cyberface Nelson Cruz, Pablo Sandoval, Gerardo Parra, starling castro, Alcides Escobar are not right ..

plis asignal faces to Francisco Cervelli, Jose Mijares, Martin Prado, buster posey.

I"ve already addressed what you said above. If the cybers or pictures are not showing up correctly, then maybe you don't have the cybers or the photos installed correctly.

para traducir: http://www.spanishdict.com/translation

Yo ya he dirigido lo que usted dijo arriba. Si los ciberes o las imágenes no aparecen correctamente, entonces quizá usted no tiene los ciberes o las fotos instalaron correctamente.

cybers.jpg

alright daflay boys i went through ur roster and fixed all the cyberface numbers for players...everything is good to go i love ur ratings and everything else u did good job

Not sure what you had to fix, other than my Francisco Rodriguez debacle (which will be corrected in the next version), and I'm still not sure the numbers are correct, but in game they look right. In version 1.4, I corrected the numbers given to me by Homer re: jogar's faces. But, if you found something glaringly wrong, I wish you would point it out specifically.

Glad you're enjoying them. I'm thinking of other possible needs/tweaks for the near future. For example, I'm not so sure that pitchers who throw 2 seamers are well-represented. I went by the 60ft 6in. site, but I now see on the Pitchf/x site it is better listed. I just haven't been able to yet interpret what the movement numbers mean so as to put in the proper move, control and trajectory.

i would like ask you for help. you have problem with All-star player in Free Agenty pool. Now i have some problem, pls can you advice me, how to fix? :)

Thanks

If you downloaded Version 1.4, you should not see All-Star players in the Free Agency pool. I have them hidden via the editor. Try to hit "Reset Rosters" in the Roster Management section.

If you downloaded Version 1.4, you should not see All-Star players in the Free Agency pool. I have them hidden via the editor. Try to hit "Reset Rosters" in the Roster Management section.

no i dont download you roster :) im creating my own, standard version of roster for MVP. And due to exporting/importing issues some players are from All-star teams are in FA pool :) in Photolist in mvpedit i can see three times Alex Rodriguez and so on... I think that you have same problem with version 1.0

I don't think you can simply import All-Star teams (and probably not Future Stars teams either). I believe I read Homer to say that they must be edited directly in the appropriate .dat file. Sorry. Good Luck.

dafly alot of ur faces on ur database file were not correct and i dont remeber which ones they were but it was prob like 15 faces?? that has nothing to do with my models.big it was the way u had them NUMBERED in your roster file...do u want me to send u the correct roster file???

dafly alot of ur faces on ur database file were not correct and i dont remeber which ones they were but it was prob like 15 faces?? that has nothing to do with my models.big it was the way u had them NUMBERED in your roster file...do u want me to send u the correct roster file???

It's actually a combination of both, your models.big has to be correct and the assignments have to be right, too.

Daflyboys, great work on the rosters.

Dafly I download and install your rosters..then I install 2011 facepack by homer, I played one game (Oakland vs Seattle) but Jack cust has Raul Ibañez face

I'm starting to think what might be happening is that I installed jogar's 2011 FP and Homer's 2011 overtop Homer's 2010 and maybe others have not. Again, I get this face when looking at Cust (#568) in game vs. Ibanez (259):

Cust.jpg

Anyone can change contact and power ratings to their liking. Mine were based on what I put in the description:

• Re-rating for all fielders’ (any player seeing action to date) contact and power based on 2010 splits compared to last 5 years figures (if applicable); others prorated

For Polanco, if you are referring to his typically making contact, there is a built in batting sub-attribute that you see in the editor and his "miss" numbers are either 0 or 1 (extremely low). If you make contact numbers too high, players are more likely to hit HR's.

For Chris Young, CF, for example, he has hit .241 BA and .441 SLG for the past 5 years. His BA vs righties and lefties for 2010 was 255 and 264 respecitively and SLG for '10 was 457 and 438. A pure .241 BA gets you a 62 contact on my chart and a pure 441 SLG on my chart gets you a 70. Attributes were adjusted from there for either side of the plate.

Now that I look at it, Young should be a 65 vs. L's, not 59, so thank you!

Speeds are subjective, but I agree about Torres. I could see him being the same as Victorino or maybe slightly higher. I will correct for next release.

EDIT: Dylan just did me a huge favor and went through the errors for cybers and photos/audio cataloguing what was needed! (THANKS MAN!!). Will find its' way into the next update which I hope to release in the middle of the month along with the other improvements!

Hi Dafly:

It is not easy to do this rosters work, one of the must difficult things to do in MVP, so any Brave getting into it shall be acknowledged for his courage. Anyway they are always errors to pointed out as good necessary feedback, after a very first fast review:

- Chris Sale according to MVP official list Id is 5122

- What about Tsuyoshi Nishioka Twins SS?? Id is 9266 and face 52

- MiLB teams does not correspond to their MLB organization currently, for instance Braves "A" team is now Lynchburg Hillcats and not Myrtle Beach Pelicans, and so some MiLB teams have changed regarding owners and names. If you keep going with MiLB update, I can give you information about these changes if you want, or more directly sending you the org.dat and team.dat and less work for you, although there are still MiLB players to update for each of these teams, big tasks which I do not know if someone is working on it.

So congrats for the good job and best regards!!

By the way, I suggest all to check the MVP official players ID list from MLBMODS.COM, there are some recent changes and I had to do it by myself from the same thread as for some reason I do not know I can not enter to the updated listed posted in Google. In last Jogar Cyberfaces packages there were some mismatches with some faces number assigned in the list

Thx Tol:

Thanks for the encouragement and feedback. Yes, Chris Sale and others will all be corrected for the next version, especially thanks to DylanB again!! I will also attempt to get photos updated for those that need it as I understand what to do now.

Nishioka will need to be created. I did create a few missing players initially as best I could and will look into who has taken the MLB field since opening day. Having played 6 games to date, he certainly deserves in.

Perhaps after I get my next update done, before releasing, you could take a look at those MiLB things? Again, I'm keeping this roster MLB focused, so I'm not worrying about minor leaguers who haven't or probably will not be in the show.

I have checked that list at mlbmods.com and have asked Homer about it as well. Thank you.

I hope to have the latest release out about mid-May!

You can edit the Legends/Heroes teams any way you want. Just make sure that they're kg's roster as a base, as I know he used the following method to create them so that the players aren't duplicated. If you edit the All-star teams with MVPedit, it will crash. One work around is to create them with a different roster and export the teams, then import them into your roster. Only problem with this method is that you will have duplicates of those players in the game, and you are using up an extra 50 players. Not good if you're nearing the limit.

To properly edit the all-star teams, you need to edit the roster.dat file with notepad.

1. open the team.dat file with notepad and look for the all-star team. Select and copy the id number for the team from this document.

2. open the roster.dat file and do a search. paste the id number in there and search for it. you will then be able to get to the team. you will see 25 entries that begin with that id number. you will need to edit each of these 25 lines to create your all-star team. look at the very first line of the roster.dat file, and it will provide a key for what each of the entries are for. I start by editing the starting lineups and SP's first.

3. open the attrib.dat file and search for the first player you want to add. copy his id number. for example, if I wanted to add albert pujols, search for him and then copy the id number for him.

4. go back to the roster.dat file and replace the appropriate id number with his. for example, replace the id number of whoever is in the starting 1B position with albert pujols' id number.

5. once you've done this for all 25 guys, you can go back and edit each line to re-arrange the line-up. it sounds like tedious work because it is. just read carefully.

6. save the roster.dat file when you're done and import the dat files back into mvpedit and your rosters are set.

the speed of Nyjer Morgan this very high and the velocidada one of Juan pierre must be but high so that 68 robbery the past year

thanks for the explanation of my previous post

Agreed. Pierre will be adjusted. Morgan only slightly dropped. He's still damn fast! :)

Thx Tol:

Thanks for the encouragement and feedback. Yes, Chris Sale and others will all be corrected for the next version, especially thanks to DylanB again!! I will also attempt to get photos updated for those that need it as I understand what to do now.

Nishioka will need to be created. I did create a few missing players initially as best I could and will look into who has taken the MLB field since opening day. Having played 6 games to date, he certainly deserves in.

Perhaps after I get my next update done, before releasing, you could take a look at those MiLB things? Again, I'm keeping this roster MLB focused, so I'm not worrying about minor leaguers who haven't or probably will not be in the show.

I have checked that list at mlbmods.com and have asked Homer about it as well. Thank you.

I hope to have the latest release out about mid-May!

Very good Daflyboys, I think you are in the right way, is important for all of us to follow the official Id list for having a common reference, otherwise there will be confusions and all kind of mix up, with people constantly asking for one player or another. In the case of Nishioka, as well as any new key player coming to MLB from abroad I think we can give them some estimated stats if you do not have information about his performance in Japanese League, so we can refine it afterward, I know he is injured now. If you need portraits just name it, I posted 3 portrait package and I still working on with a 4th package. So I agree with you to make a solid MLB rosters, then start looking MiLB so I can give you information with teams-organization, players it will be more difficult as the information I have is very poor (I do not llive in USA). So best regards!!!

Archived