Audio By Cavicchi

Cavicchi

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Sonnanstine of the Tampa Bay Rays? :unknw:

He has a good sinker--is that what you were asking? :)

Another tough one, Sonnanstine. I can do Andy. <_<

In order to do that one, if it is possible, you have to find parts of other names to make Sonnanstine. At this time, I don't have a clue where to get those parts. Perhaps that is why he hasn't been done. I have an easy solution, change his name and I'll do it. I call it the fake name solution. ;)

I took a quick look and it appears there would be a need for three parts to make Sonnanstine. Perhaps Son-an-stein would work. Stein from Eckstein and the other parts would be a dandy to get and combine with stein. I question the quality of sound doing a name in three parts, might work, but it wouldn't be easy, and I need to hear that stein from Eckstein, not sure right now if it's steen or styne. Is that stine in Sonnanstine pronounced styne or steen? Hey, I'm getting dizzy from all this styne and steen, :wacko:

maybe David EckSTEIN,ANDY Petitte,Joe SAUNders,and Randy JohnsON

ANDY SAUN ON STEIN=Andy Sonnanstine B)

Hey, that's pretty good! Now all we have to do is put it together. ^_^

Honestly, I would give it a try but not now, maybe tomorrow. I am on ET and it's 2:17 am right now. :lazy:

why do you guys keep talking about recording? my tutorial says nothing of recording the audios. if you just convert mvp's dat files to wave files you can sample what they have instead of re-recording it.

Cavicchi I'm going to try out your audio soon, your doing a great job.

As for Mr. Homer, Step 6 of your tutorial states

6. It will then create wav files from your dat files. This is the part where you free lance. I choose to use Windows’ Audio Recorder to edit them. You’ll have to play around with this part and do what you want to do to edit them.

How exactly do I mix up the audio files? I have 28.dat/wav "Washington Nationals" and I have 11b.dat/wav "Fenway Park"

when i used to use sound recorder, i would just open up the wave file and edit it using all the functions under the Edit menu. it was really that simple. i've now moved onto wavosaur. much more functional. you can copy and paste parts in and out of each file to mix what you want. there should be no recording as far as i'm concerned.

now, were you able to mix a better longoria, or is that just the same file i posted?

Homer, I didn't try to mix the "lon" I have with your file because I was busy doing my Audio Pack last night. Since he was very pleased with your file that I converted and archived for him, I didn't see any reason to continue with Longoria.

I am kind of fussy about audio in the game, sometimes would rather have a fake name, or no name, than something like Skip Schumaker.

Anyway, don't misunderstand and get offended, but I wouldn't use Longoria in my game, because the sound quality is just not to my liking. The "Evan" sounds great but "Longoria" sounds like two different announcers trying to say a name and, well, it's just not something I would do. Now, I understand you were trying to help that guy out, and you did because he loves it!

when i used to use sound recorder, i would just open up the wave file and edit it using all the functions under the Edit menu. it was really that simple. i've now moved onto wavosaur. much more functional. you can copy and paste parts in and out of each file to mix what you want. there should be no recording as far as i'm concerned.

now, were you able to mix a better longoria, or is that just the same file i posted?

I downloaded wavosaur and I'm having trouble selecting what I want to copy and paste. I have both wav. files open.

I downloaded wavosaur and I'm having trouble selecting what I want to copy and paste. I have both wav. files open.

just use your mouse and select it by left clicking, holding, and dragging across the portion you want to copy, hit CTRL+C. then go to the file you want to paste it in and select the area you want to paste it into and hit CTRL+V.

Homer, I didn't try to mix the "lon" I have with your file because I was busy doing my Audio Pack last night. Since he was very pleased with your file that I converted and archived for him, I didn't see any reason to continue with Longoria.

I am kind of fussy about audio in the game, sometimes would rather have a fake name, or no name, than something like Skip Schumaker.

Anyway, don't misunderstand and get offended, but I wouldn't use Longoria in my game, because the sound quality is just not to my liking. The "Evan" sounds great but "Longoria" sounds like two different announcers trying to say a name and, well, it's just not something I would do. Now, I understand you were trying to help that guy out, and you did because he loves it!

none taken. i completely understand what you mean. though i do find that you need to test it in game most of the time because it can sound just fine in the game atmosphere. the funny thing is i'm opposite of you, in that i'd rather have something that silence.

"the funny thing is i'm opposite of you, in that i'd rather have something that silence."

Homer, if I have a guy with no audio on my team and I want to hear his name but can't make it sound right, I create a fake name for that player and change it using MVP2005 Editor if in a dynasty. When the player is on another team, I am not all that concerned. There are certain players for which I would not change a name, Longoria is one, Kershaw is another.

I particularly like audio for pitchers so I can hear their name announced after winning a game, losing is another story. :) The only pitcher on my team that needs audio is Clayton Kershaw. I haven't tried to do him yet, but I will get around to giving it a try. I know he needs 4 parts: Clay-ton Ker-shaw. But, if it doesn't sound right, then silence would be preferred over changing his name. One of my relief pitchers had his name changed to Shingo Takatsu: Ramon Troncoso--which was done before starting my current dynasty. They way I look at is if people can change sexes, I can change a name. :lol:

I think you can see i am a rays fan, so can you give me an update on the Rays audio please? ;)

Making audio is not so hard. Download Homer's tutorial and give it a try.

I'm currently re-learning this process myself. And thanks Homer I'm figuring it out!

I think you can see i am a rays fan, so can you give me an update on the Rays audio please? ;)

I am doing teams starting with Arizona and working through in alphabetical order. I would do someone that has both names already in the game, but putting pieces together will have to wait until I'm finished doing audio packs.

Yea. It shouldn't be hard to make the .mbe file. Or download a old roster with an .mbe.

Homer, this program is outstanding and Very easy to use. Thanks for knowing about this. I made a Nationals Park audio, renamed the .wav file to 44a, ran the .dat batch file, and the 44a.dat came out.

However, I imported it to the stdms.big file, and either Kuiper says it in the beginning or he is completely silent until the 1st batter comes up. Anyone have a clue on why?

Hey Cavicchi, is there a Reid Brignac? I know it's really hard! :mellow:

There is a Reed, but no Brignac as far as I know. You should really consider changing names. You can always change the name back again if the name gets done, or if you want to go back for any reason.

How is Brignac pronounced?

Archived