Computer Freezes After Completed Game

Williamsburg

Greetings Everyone,

I began my Franchise this evening and completed and simmed a spring training game between the Astros and Nationals. The game is over, the player of the game is announced, and as the screen is transitioning it freezes with the 2K Sports logo. You can still hear the music playing and the crowd in the background. This is the 2nd time its happened. After the first time I uninstalled the game the reinstalled, and the same thing has happened. Has anyone else run into this issue and if so, have you been able to resolve it? Many thanks in advance!

Happened to me once- my very first game (first game of Spring Training in my franchise)

I had saved and resumed in the middle, assumed it had something to do with that... guess not? Now I'm going to be paranoid it'll happen again...

K

Edited by Kev13Dd

alright then this game is quite good I did have once 2.20 ghz processor when I played 2k10 and games and it was sluggish, then I upgraded to 3.0 ghz processor and POW! no lagg

So I hope you can upgrade cuz this game is amazing.

Edited by blyfactor

I had the same problem. Mine was related with gamepad issues. I use Saitek p2900, but for some unknow reason I can't save Total Control pitching under My Controller (submeniu) settings. If I play franshise or My player, after the game is compete it freezes after "Saving Game Records" message and music is still playing.

The problem has gone after I found out that I need to change pitching settings to Total Control everyime when launching MLB2k12.exe prior to entering Franchise mode (new one or continued).

I feel like this is a different freeze than people are reporting at OS. If you read the original post, his game freezes but the music and crowd still makes sound (which is what mine did too). If this was a video card issue, or PC spec issue, we wouldn't see this

Most likely cause has to do with profile issues since the freeze seems to be occurring during the phase of the game where it's saving that sort of stuff. Some setting somewhere (possibly controls related, as mentioned above) which is causing issues/conflicts

Think camera settings, sliders, controls, presentation tweaks, etc. Mess around with those and see if any change prevents the freezing!

K

Edited by Kev13Dd

Thanks for the insightful suggestions, everyone. I will proceed to tweak and implement some of your ideas. I even downloaded Game Booster 3, but have yet to activate it. I have a Dual Core 2.33GHz, with 4GB of memory and a Nvidia GeForce 9500GT. Something has to give, so here goes....thanks again!

Thanks for the insightful suggestions, everyone. I will proceed to tweak and implement some of your ideas. I even downloaded Game Booster 3, but have yet to activate it. I have a Dual Core 2.33GHz, with 4GB of memory and a Nvidia GeForce 9500GT. Something has to give, so here goes....thanks again!

Game Booster 3 will not do a thing for you. It will not close out your programs. The only real way to do this is to go into your system configuration and turn off all your startup items and some of your services and then restart.

If you want a GREAT program to run games with, check out this one. This is the one I use and have NEVER looked back. And I think it's only about $13.00 for a lifetime subscription with free updates!

Check it out and read about it here: www.gameprelauncher.com

By the way, I have a very high end gaming system and mine will lock up at times when I am at bat and the ball is hit foul deep into the left lower level seats. What I do in Franchise is to save my game after every couple innings. For you people whose game is locking up at the end, why don't you save it in the bottom/top half of the last inning when there's two outs. This way if it locks up you can start it over and hope it doesn't do it again.

I did call 2K Sports tech the other day and talked to them about the lockup issues. I told them to come here and go over to the 2K Sports forum and look at all the issues people were having. They said they were aware of it. The only thing that bothers me is that they have NEVER come out with a PC patch for these baseball games!

Thanks HarleyRider! I must admit I feel hopeful knowing that even some of the high end systems are experiencing the same issue which means a patch could be on the way, and thanks for going the extra step in contacting 2K techs. I will give a look at gameprelauncher. 2K has given us PC players patches in the past, but they often arrive after the MLB season has begun and we're well into our franchise mode. After I finish tweaking everything, I'll play another exhibition game and see if my system locks up...if it does, I'll incorporate saving after the eighth inning. Cheers!

My system is hardly high end:

Pentium 4 3.8Ghz single core processor, 4 gig of RAM, nVidia 9600GT video card with 2 Gig onboard RAM, running on Windows XP Pro 32 bit system. I have experienced NO lockups. Only thing I notice out of the ordinary is the power supply fan runs a lot. This is no surprise as it's only a 400 watt power supply. Otherwise the game runs smooth as silk. I was quite surprised about that. I figured it would be a slideshow in some areas, but it isn't. Note, however, that I have not played in Franchise Mode yet. So there could be some software problem in that area.

Edited by Crites

Argh! Still locking up on me. Tried gameprelauncher, tweaked video presentation, controls, etc. The game plays BEAUTIFULLY, it's only at the end where it is attmepting to save the franchise game data that the freeze engages. I saved my game at the beginning of the 9th and played the last three outs several times, but to no avail. Still the same...screen locks, music continues to play, and the fans cheers until I relase them with good old Task Manager. Will just have to keep at it and I'm happy I did not uninstall 2K11 ! Thanks again to all those who chimed in an attempt to make things right for me and my rig. For the moment, this old dog won't hunt! :sad:

Just a thought, but has anyone looked at this?

Major League Baseball 2K12 requires virtual memory to run properly. If your virtual memory settings are not correct, you may experience stability problems.

To configure virtual memory:

On Windows XP

- From the start menu, open Settings/Control Panel.

- Double click the System icon.

- Select the Advanced tab.

- Click on the Performance/Settings button.

- Select the Advanced tab.

- Click on the Virtual memory/Change button.

- Select the drive that Major League Baseball 2K12 is installed on.

- Select the "System managed size" radio button in the "Paging file size for selected drive".

- Click the Set button.

- Click OK multiple times to return to the desktop.

On Windows Vista

- From the start menu, open Settings/Control Panel.

- Select System and Maintenance.

- Select System.

- Select Advanced System Settings.

- Click on the Performance/Settings button.

- Select the Advanced tab

- Click on the Virtual memory/Change button.

- Check "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives"

- Click OK multiple times to return to the desktop.

Okay...one more question...are the people having game freezes using the downloaded version of the game or the boxed version? Trying to narrow the possibilities down. ;)

Howdy Crites, Thanks for the suggestion. I went in and adjusted my Virtual Memory on Windows 7, and I'm off to try it out! Cheers!

Fixed my freeze at the end of the game problem !!! First you'll have to uninstalled & reinstalled the game. After you've reinstalled the game and go into it for the first time to create your profile (and create yourself) MAKE SURE you DO NOT press enter on your keyboard OR your left mouse button to advance thru the opening crap ! Assuming your using a game pad (I use a rumblepad 2) press the #10 button to advance into the profile (your name) setup. The keyboard on the screen that you type your name into should say "Player 1". You HAVE TO be player 1 !!! Go ahead and type your name in and you'll be off and running. Then go ahead and set everything else up like you normally do. Don't forget, you have to be player 1 in order for it NOT to lock up (freeze) at the end of the game.

My problem was that when I first set the game up it had me as Player 2 so at the end of the game it was trying to save my records to player 1 when I was actually player 2 which created a conflict which is why it kept freezing up. Hope this helps !!!

Fixed my freeze at the end of the game problem !!! First you'll have to uninstalled & reinstalled the game. After you've reinstalled the game and go into it for the first time to create your profile (and create yourself) MAKE SURE you DO NOT press enter on your keyboard OR your left mouse button to advance thru the opening crap ! Assuming your using a game pad (I use a rumblepad 2) press the #10 button to advance into the profile (your name) setup. The keyboard on the screen that you type your name into should say "Player 1". You HAVE TO be player 1 !!! Go ahead and type your name in and you'll be off and running. Then go ahead and set everything else up like you normally do. Don't forget, you have to be player 1 in order for it NOT to lock up (freeze) at the end of the game.

My problem was that when I first set the game up it had me as Player 2 so at the end of the game it was trying to save my records to player 1 when I was actually player 2 which created a conflict which is why it kept freezing up. Hope this helps !!!

Peterosefan

You make me want to be Reds fan! :p:p After many hours and endless lockups, I'm now up and running! As per your instructions I dialed in as Player 1 (after uninstalling the game and reinstalling) and the rest is history! No lockup at the conclusion of the game, everything saved like normal. I'm a happy man. The only bad thing is now I have to go to bed because it's so late, but I am rejoicing!! Thanks a million and to the rest of the gang who offered valuable points in an attempt to get me up and running! Cheers and enjoy your franchises.....I certainly will enjoy mine!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! That was a good idea PeteRoseFan. How did you ever come up with that. LOL!!! ;)