Other Baseball Pc Games

Edtench

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a huge fan of MVP 2005 and all its iterations and the Total Classics mods. I have tried MLB2k10 and didn't care much for the pitching controls. Are there any other worthwhile pc baseball games out there that even come close to MVP Baseball?

High Heat Baseball was very good. That came out before Mvp baseball. A lot of the baseball games made for the PC were more towards arcade style play like Triple Play baseball but High Heat was more involved than that. My favorite was High Heat 2003.

I had a feeling that I posted that on the wrong thread when the thread I meant to post it on wasn't the most recent topic, But I did find another gem from a while back. Sammy Sosa Softball Slam (maybe relevant to this thread? that is unless he was looking for GOOD games) is $40 on amazon. I mean some people may have liked it but it was just way to Arcady for me, and it wasn't even a good Arcady either. like slugfest and the bigs are good arcady, but in Softball slam the persons bat would be on fire and it wouldn't even mean anything. You could still get out fairly easy. So im not sure what category I would put it in given the fact it has sim elements and arcade elements, but its another game for pc.

Not bad at all.

Y4L: Why do you prefer the 2003 version?

The 2003 version had mouse support with it and the 2004 version did not. Also, these were the last two years that High Heat was made before 3DO went bankrupt. These two games looked different from each other but they both played very well. Trues even made mods for HH 2004.

I found it in the HH2004 files over at SimCentral.net. Here's a link to those files: http://simcentral.net/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=24

Here's DangerZ's editor:

Thank you Jim. Like the mods from Mvp '05 that I have I also have some for HH 2004, including the latest ones someone posted over at the Perfect Game before they shut down.

Oh how I remember High Heat 2003 on PS2. Threw my first and only perfect game in any baseball video game.

Me (Mets) vs Best Friend (Red Sox) in our Best of 7 "World Series."

He puts Pedro on the mound against me and Steve Trachsel. Yes...Steve Trachsel...I put a couple of runs up in the middle frame, and I just kept getting him to ground out. His final at-bat, he hits one that lands right before the wall that I catch on the warning track. We honestly didn't even realize it was a perfect game until that last out...We both kind of sat there in disbelief lol.

I still place Tony LaRussa 95 and Triple Play 96 Baseball for the Genesis right up there, personally, just below MVP05. I can't believe nobody's hex-edited those games to mod/update them. I'd like to create JD Drew for the Phils and then simulate him refusing to sign.

Y4L: Why do you prefer the 2003 version?

Here is a comparison between the 2003 and 2004 versions of High Heat.

I still place Tony LaRussa and Triple Play 96 Baseball for the Genesis right up there, personally, just below MVP05. I can't believe nobody's hex-edited those games to mod/update them. I'd like to create JD Drew for the Phils and then simulate him refusing to sign.

Recently thanks to a one month subscription that I had to a site called Old Games, I have started to play Tony Larussa Baseball 2 again. This game is now twenty-one years old and it still plays great. And you know what? You can save a game in progress.

I also have been playing Hardball 5, Oldtime Baseball and Tony Larussa 3, but Tony 2 was the best.

The sad part is, all of the HH2004 mods are gone.

The admins didn't have the foresight to upload them on the server and instead put them on 4shared/rapidshare/sites that periodically delete stuff...

Once I obtain a copy of HH2004 (I could have torrented it if I could, but I can't, unfortunately), I'll look into modding everything on it.

Some guy on TPG made updated uniforms and rosters (last year) and updated logos and I believe he even did a stadium. It was in a thread over there that no one ever seemed to go into. They were also on rapidshare or whatever it is but luckily I saved them.

Wait, TPG is still up? Where did everyone from that community go?

I can't remember which one I owned at the time for PC (HH 2002 or 2003), but I remember really enjoying it, especially the stathead stuff. I was intrigued enough to check amazon and youtube this morning. 3DO ported the console version for 2004 and apparently just called it a day without mouse support. I wonder if that was ever addressed? I've tried playing OoTP baseball, but I need some onfield action lol.