Best way to end a game

medric822

I was just playing a game against the Orioles at Baltimore, and I had Mo pitching for me in the bottom of the 9th. Having Gary Sheffield hit the go ahead homer in the top of the inning, the leadoff hitter hits a double. Next hitter smacks a dribbler to first, and Sheff fires to third to get out the runner, one out. Next hitter, Jay Gibbins, hits a shot almost through the hole at second, but Jeter stopped it, and threw Gibbins out at first for the second out, runner at second.

Here's where it gets interesting.

Orioles have Brian Roberts pinch run. R Palmeiro hits a one hoper to dead center. Roberts rounds third, and heads for home. I have Ashburn in CF (a unlockable player) and he throws a bullet to home, where John Flaherty catches it, and tags out a sliding Roberts just before he touched the plate! I screamed "YES!" so loud I wke my father up, lol. This is by far, the best way to end a game. Tagging out the tying run just before he touches the plate!

So, whats the best way you've ever ended a game?

All those above are crackers. The walk off homer is great, but recently I was taken to a Game 7 of the NLCS, where leading by 1 run in the 9th, runner at 3rd with 2 outs, I struck out David Wright to win the series... on a 3-2 count. Pumped.

I finished up a game before and it was different. I was at home, playing Tampa, and In the top of the 9th, Mo was pitching, and Huff was on 3rd. I was up 6-5. Rocco B. hits a fly to RF, and insted of my RF catching the ball with his glove, he tries with his chest. Mo blew the save, and I had to have Estiban Lioiza come in and throw 7 innings. In the top of the 16, I gave up 2 runs to make the score 8-6. Then I had a 2 run blast by Posada, and then a solo shot by Shef to end the game with 2 outs!

Still dosn't compare to my first post though.

lol I didn't know that.

I was playing a game against the O's, and I couldn't hit the ball with anyone except Robinson Cano. The O's took a 2-0 lead in the third, but in the fourth, two walks put runners on for Cano, and he blasted a three run shot in the upper deck to take the lead. The O's scored 3 runs in the sixth to make it 5-3, but with two outs in the bottom of the sixth Cano blasted a two run shot to right center to tie it up. Then in the top of the ninth I put in Farnsworth to keep the game tied, but Miguel Tejada took him deep for a solo shot to make it 6-5. But in the bottom of the ninth, Cano struck again. Matsui led off the inning with a check swing single (I'm not good at checking swings, so he tapped the ball down the third base line and the players kinda froze for a second lol) to bring up Cano. They brough in a lefty to face him, which was stupid since I own lefties. Cano worked a 2-2 count before blasting a walk-off two run shot SEVEN rows down from the top of the upperdeck to win the game. 3-3 with a BB and 7 RBI.

I was just playing a game against the Orioles at Baltimore, and I had Mo pitching for me in the bottom of the 9th. Having Gary Sheffield hit the go ahead homer in the top of the inning, the leadoff hitter hits a double. Next hitter smacks a dribbler to first, and Sheff fires to third to get out the runner, one out. Next hitter, Jay Gibbins, hits a shot almost through the hole at second, but Jeter stopped it, and threw Gibbins out at first for the second out, runner at second.

Here's where it gets interesting.

Orioles have Brian Roberts pinch run. R Palmeiro hits a one hoper to dead center. Roberts rounds third, and heads for home. I have Ashburn in CF (a unlockable player) and he throws a bullet to home, where John Flaherty catches it, and tags out a sliding Roberts just before he touched the plate! I screamed "YES!" so loud I wke my father up, lol. This is by far, the best way to end a game. Tagging out the tying run just before he touches the plate!

So, whats the best way you've ever ended a game?

Can you unlock players?:S who and how do you unlock 'em?:p

Can you unlock players?:S who and how do you unlock 'em?:p

Once you have at least 2500 MVP points, leave youw dynasty/owner moad, and go to MVP profile, then rewards, then players. Then select one you want to unlock. Go back to your dynasty/owner mode, and they'll be a Free Agent. They are 30 yrs old, and play a max of 10 years and then their gone for good for that dynasty/owner mode.

• 4 years later...

Best ways I have ended a game.

1) Was the Blue Jays vs Tampa in Franchise mode, had a play at the plate with 2 out, and the tying run coming home. Carl Crawford slides for home plate to tie, as Javy Lopez receives the throw from Jose Bautista in RF. Crawford slides feet first, turning his body left, and misses the plate. Lopez catches the throw and applies the tag on the left arm before Crawford touches the plate with his left hand.

2) Pick-off at first by LHP Al Leiter in bottom of the 9th to win the World Series by 1 run. Can't remember what game though...

3) Walk-off grand slam home run by created player to win World Series, bottom of the 9th, 7th Game at the SkyDome. Woo-hoo Joe Carter styles.

4) Just happened today: Blue Jays (me) Down 9-5 to Seattle Mariners, heading into bottom of the 9th:

Base hit, man on first.

Lined out to 2nd, 1 out.

Double to the gap scores 1 run, 9-6 Mariners, but tried to extend to a triple, and thrown out at 3rd. 2 out.

Doubles to the gap in left, man on 2nd.

Intentional walk. Men on 1st and 2nd.

Pinch hit 3 run home run to tie it at 9-9, 2 outs.

Ground Out. 3 Outs. 9-9 heading into Top of 10.

Top of 10: 3 up, 3 down.

Bottom of 10: 3 up, 3 down.

Top of 11:

2 easy outs.

Single, Man on 1st.

Blooper into RF bounces over right fielder rolls all the way to wall. Runner scores from 1st, batter reaches 3rd base on error. 10-9 Mariners.

Error by SS on a slow, but playable grounder. SS charges the ball and throws to first base. Errant throw gets past 1B and runner reaches 3rd base. Runner scores from 3rd base. 11-9 Mariners. 2 Outs runner at 3rd.

Strikeout. 3 out. 11-9 Mariners.

Bottom of 11:

Home Run. 11-10 Mariners

Ground out. 1 out.

Single, Man on 1st.

Runner on 1st steals 2nd. Man on 2nd, 1 out.

Double. Runner scores from 2nd. (New) Runner at 2nd, 11-11 Mariners.

Intentional Walk. Runners at 1st and 2nd.

Single: Blooper to right field one hops in front of RF playing deep. Runners advance 1 base only and hold. Bases loaded. 1 out.

Single to CF over center fielder who was playing shallow against heavy hitter. Runner at 3rd scores.

Final score: Mariners 11, Blue Jays 12 in 11 innings.

• 4 months later...

Just started playing again and had my best game end ever. Playing as Tigers up 5-3 in bottom of ninth against NY Yanks. Brought in Valverde he loaded the bases with no out. A-Rod hit a line shot to second made diving catch landed on the bag at second and threw over to third for a Triple Play it was SWEET!!!

This happened to me a few weeks ago. Milwaukee Brewers vs. San Francisco Giants NLCS Game 7 guy on second base, Ken Downs at the plate(made up guy) on an 0-2 pitch slaps it into the gap for a single and scores the tying run. So he's on first now with Jose Banks up. (another made-up guy) 0-2 Hit and run Ken Downs steals and he grounds a ball to the 1st baseman and the ball goes through his legs!!! The throw went straight to home plate and Downs barely made it. (1986 WS much, just ground ball part) oh ya forgot to mention it was bottom of the ninth ;)

Archived