The Big, Nasty, All-encompassing Faq List!

MarkB

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded rosters, opened them in mvp edit and exported them to the database folder following the faq exactly and they dont show up in the game. I reset the rosters and everything they dont work. I've exported rosters before and now I cant get it to work at all. Any help?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey, all the ifo here is excellent for newcomers like me. However, i still cant figure out one thing. I'm trying to install a cyberface, its my first time and im not sure what to do. I have MVPedit and have loaded the default rosters there. The files for the cyberface are, .fsh, .orl, .ord, and a install.bat. I put these files in the data folder and ran the install.bat. But after that I'm unsure of what to do, It says to load this in MVPedit, but there is no faces available for any players

How do I load my roster for the first time?

This depends on how you have got your roster to begin with. If the file you downloaded comes as a .mbe file, then simply open MVPEdit and click Open from the toolbar, then find the .mbe file. Click the Open button and the file will load so that you can view it and make changes to it. If you want to use the roster set you already have in MVPEdit or if you have downloaded a roster with lots of .dat files, open MVPEdit then click Import from the toolbar. You will be shown a folder location section with 2 buttons, OK and Cancel. Double-click on the database folder so that you see something similar to the following;

import0vj.png

then click OK. You will then be asked where you want to save the file. Choose anywhere you want, but for convenience, you can use the MVPEdit folder. Choose a name for the file, then click Save and the files will be imported from your game directory and you can then view and edit them as you wish. From now on, instead of importing every time, you can just use the Open button to load the file you just created, which will be a .mbe file.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. Hope these helped some people and save some forum space. :)

Good luck, and enjoy the game!

first of all i want to thank you. this think is awsome!!!

but i´ve still a problem:

i´ve downloaded SwinginSoriano's 2006 Rosters (ST Edition v1.2) from this page. i want to edit this roster a little bit more (for example make soriano a 2b-player, whit of as snd position; edit bryant tyner to lastings milledge, and edit some mets-players ´cause i´m a mets-fan :wink: ).

but the SwinginSoriano's 2006 Rosters (ST Edition v1.2) is a simple .sav file, which i´ve to put in the directonary "my ducuments -> mvp baseball 2005.

i have no idea how i can open this roster, so that i can edit it whit MVPedit.

can someone please help me??

by the way: sorry for my english, i´m from germany :roll:

• 4 weeks later...

I have a problem exporting an edited default roster back in to the game.

All I did was import the default roster. I had installed Hory's portraits.big file and was manually editing in the portrait/audio numbers for the pics. I also had installed the audio program that lets you hear all the generic last names and what not, that uses Hory's player id list.

I then tried to export. When I get in the game though nothing has changed, even after reseting rosters.

Suggestions?

What I'd also like to know is if you have hory's pics, is it necessary to also have one of the ulitimate rosters? If so, how does this affect you editing photos yourself, installing new photos and player faces into the game? I also don't understand the whole player photo/faces limit issue.

Thanks guys. This site is impressive.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any program or something that will help me realistically create a player? It just seems like when I create one they're always too good or way too bad.

Oh, and do the UR rosters have accurate minor leagues? This pitcher that started down here in Single-A ball, Phil Siebel, got called up to AA for the BoSox, and I'd like to put him in the game. He's pretty good from what I've seen.

• 2 weeks later...