Adding Legendary Players

lyon810

Hi,

I currently use the MVP 08 TC Mod, along with the most updated/recent rosters. The Legends & Heroes teams have instead been replaced by rookies and sophomores however.

I was wondering if there was a way, or a mod, that would allow me to bring back these classic teams with players like Cobb, Aaron, Cy Young, etc.

Thanks

1) backup your current data/databse files in a separate folder

2) copy and paste the original data/database/ files (all ending with .dat) from your original MVP 2005 CD

3) open with MVPEdit and save the rosters. (I recommend having this and never altering the file for future use)

4) export your heroes and legends teams separately from the default rosters

5) replace the roster files you are currently using with the data/database folder you created

6)Open and save your "current" roster file and import your legends/heroes teams

otherwise, ask somebody for just the MVPEdit exported team files. But if you have the original CD, you should have no problem getting back your legends and heroes teams without also losing your current rosters

Be sure to do #1. Unfortunately you're going to probably find that this causes it to crash, or there will be several things that don't match up. The roster for the 08 mod as well as subsequent rosters were already to the limits of the number of players the game can handle. The rookies and sophomore teams were comprised of players already in the game. By removing them and reimporting the legends, you're essentially adding an additional 50 players to the roster which will crash.

Otherwise if it doesn't crash it, the cyberface slots were maxed out. With the numbering systems used, you're going to find several cyberfaces, audios, and portaits that don't match up. Ultimately, in order to get this to work right, you're likely going to need to know how to edit rosters properly with MVPedit and notepad.

Be sure to do #1. Unfortunately you're going to probably find that this causes it to crash, or there will be several things that don't match up. The roster for the 08 mod as well as subsequent rosters were already to the limits of the number of players the game can handle. The rookies and sophomore teams were comprised of players already in the game. By removing them and reimporting the legends, you're essentially adding an additional 50 players to the roster which will crash.

Otherwise if it doesn't crash it, the cyberface slots were maxed out. With the numbering systems used, you're going to find several cyberfaces, audios, and portaits that don't match up. Ultimately, in order to get this to work right, you're likely going to need to know how to edit rosters properly with MVPedit and notepad.

That's what I assumed would happen if I did this. It seems the more I read up on this, the less I am inclined to go forward with it.

Regardless, thanks for your help guys.

Archived