Classic Screen Select Install Problem

evilselig

hi.........

i'm trying to change the stadium pictures for 1994 conversion with the classic stadium select screen fsh's by Jim825. i'm doing exactly what the instructions say. i'm using EAGraph and when i replace the file sea.fsh it even shows the Kingdome picture in EAgraph. But when I go to start the game it shows a picture of Safeco Field. What am I doing wrong or what am I missing.

Thanks!

this is strange. everytime i open stadiums.big with eagraph and i open the .fsh file (for example sea.fsh) it shows the stadium photo i want in the game (kingdome), but in the stadium menu in the game it shows a picture of safeco field. where is it keeping the safeco field picture if it is not in stadiums.big!? help please! this is driving me crazy, i tried everything!

How are you starting the game? Is it in Dynasty Mode or Exhibition Mode?

Do you have multiple installations of the game (e.g. one for regular MVP2005 and one for the 1994 conversion)? If so, did you verify that you changed the stadiums.big file in the installation you wanted (e.g. you changed the version used by the 1994 conversion)?

hi, does the same thing in dynasty or exhibition.

yes, i do have multiple installs of the game, but i triple checked to make sure i am editing the right stadiums.big file. in fact, i even removed the file one time just to see if the game was dependent on it and it crashed. so it's reading it. but for some reason it shows the pics of the default stadiums and not what i see in eagraph. this is strange....

ok, i did a fresh install of the '94 conversion and they work! now i have another question....

how did you make these screen selects!?

i'm trying to make one for ebbets field to overwrite aaa1, it imports it as a .bmp in EAGraph but when I go to the stadium select in the game it crashes! i can see my image for a brief moment before it crashes.

thanks

ok, i did a fresh install of the '94 conversion and they work! now i have another question....

how did you make these screen selects!?

i'm trying to make one for ebbets field to overwrite aaa1, it imports it as a .bmp in EAGraph but when I go to the stadium select in the game it crashes! i can see my image for a brief moment before it crashes.

thanks

The tools I use are EAGraph, nfshtool, Irfanview (for editing graphics files) and a text editor.

Here's how I do it, step by step:

1. Using EAGraph, extract the .fsh file you want to change from stadiums.big. An example would be chc.fsh (Wrigley Field day)

2. Right click on the chc.fsh file and select "Open with" and then select nfshtool. If nfshtool is not shown as an option, click on "Choose program..." and then find nfshtool.

3. When nfshtool runs, it will create a chc folder. Inside the chc folder you will find two files, 0000.bmp and index.fsh. Open up index.fsh with a text editor and you will see the following two lines in it:

chc%20 0000.BMP

BMP 78 +2 1024 256 {0 0 0 0}

Notice the "1024 256" on the second line. This indicates that the image file (0000.BMP) must have a size of 1024 x 256 pixels.

4. Take the picture you want to use (.jpg, .bmp), open it with your favorite editor (I use Irfanview) and resize it to 1024 x 256 pixels. The bigger the picture you have to start with, the better it looks when you resize it to 1024 x 256. If the picture you start with is too small, it looks distorted and blurry when you resize it. It's also better if you can find a picture that's somewhat rectangular to start with.

5. Save the file as chc 0000.bmp. This will overwrite the 000.bmp file in the chc folder.

6. Go back to the chc folder. Right click on the index.fsh file and select "Open with nfshtool". This will rebuild the chc.fsh file (using the new picture you just added) and put it in the folder above the chc folder (i.e. where you extracted chc.fsh in the first place).

7. Import chc.fsh into the stadiums.big file using the Import tool in EAGraph. You can get to this by clicking on Tools -> Import Wizard, checking the "Add files to an external TAR archive" and then selecting the Next button.

8. In the right window, click "Add", find your chc.fsh file, select it, click "Open" and then "Next". Your new stadium select screen will be added.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Archived