Anyone Using The Included Slider Settings?

Crites

I've been using the Rookie setting to get used to the game. But good grief...so many errors! Think I am gonna have to go with Custom and do some adjusting. Just wondered if anyone was using the included slider settings like Pro without changing anything.

Edited by Crites

I always end up with custom. Lots of people will claim they've found the "perfect slider combo" and post it, but I don't think there is one that is perfect for everyone.. You just have to keep tweaking until you find what works for the way you play it. I usually play about 20-30 games, tweaking all the way, until I get mine where I think they need to be. Interesting note: 2K11 sliders don't compute with 2K12 sliders.. I attempted to just use the exact settings I had in 2K11 and it didn't work out very well. Just got to do a lot of trail and error.

While on the subject of sliders....I always thought that sliders would have an impact whether the user handles the controls or whether you have the AI act as the User. However, piching sliders don't seem to have any effect when the user is in control.

I'll explain....Wasn't getting many walks as the User, so I set the User PItching Control at "5"....Also set all my pitchers control below 40 regardless of the pitch they used.

Played games using the manual control for pitching half the time...and had the AI pitch as the User the other half...As an average I would walk one or two batters and that was because I didn't perform the pitch correctly....but as the AI as the User, there would be 4 or 5 walks.

Adjusting the User hitter sliders seems to work when batting but I can't seem to notice a difference of the sliders setting when I am the pitcher.

Any comments or thoughts?

While on the subject of sliders....I always thought that sliders would have an impact whether the user handles the controls or whether you have the AI act as the User. However, piching sliders don't seem to have any effect when the user is in control.

I'll explain....Wasn't getting many walks as the User, so I set the User PItching Control at "5"....Also set all my pitchers control below 40 regardless of the pitch they used.

Played games using the manual control for pitching half the time...and had the AI pitch as the User the other half...As an average I would walk one or two batters and that was because I didn't perform the pitch correctly....but as the AI as the User, there would be 4 or 5 walks.

Adjusting the User hitter sliders seems to work when batting but I can't seem to notice a difference of the sliders setting when I am the pitcher.

Any comments or thoughts?

I had the cpu contact set at 55 but was still getting alot of strikeouts. So I up'd that number to 60 and the AI is hitting the ball alot more. So now I have to try and force the AI batters to swing at more pitches out of the zone now which in turn is leading to a few more walks as a user. The games are alot more interesting and gives a pretty realistic feeling to the game IMO now.

I've been trying to do slider adjustments to reduce the number of errors for both the AI and myself. So far nothing has changed. WAY too many dropped balls and poor throws by the AI contolling my fielders. What should be easy pop flys and throws to first base are ending up being dropped ball and bad throw errors. I see these same complaints on the 2K12 forum too. Also lots of complaints about cheating when playing online, although even getting a game going seems next to impossible. I check how many players are there and it shows 100, but when you hit "2" there is nobody showing. This has to be one of the worst-implemented online gaming system in existence. :sad:

Edited by Crites

I've been trying to do slider adjustments to reduce the number of errors for both the AI and myself. So far nothing has changed. WAY too many dropped balls and poor throws by the AI contolling my fielders. What should be easy pop flys and throws to first base are ending up being dropped ball and bad throw errors. I see these same complaints on the 2K12 forum too. Also lots of complaints about cheating when playing online, although even getting a game going seems next to impossible. I check how many players are there and it shows 100, but when you hit "2" there is nobody showing. This has to be one of the worst-implemented online gaming system in existence. :sad:

No question, online is definitely not the way to play this game.

Re: errors. I've found that if you adjust the "gather" and other types of errors to be farily low, you get decent results. Next time I've got the game launched, I'll make a note of what I have them set to and let you know .

No question, online is definitely not the way to play this game. Re: errors. I've found that if you adjust the "gather" and other types of errors to be farily low, you get decent results. Next time I've got the game launched, I'll make a note of what I have them set to and let you know .

Thanks Hollywood. I tried doing some adjusting, but I made things worse instead of better. You would think by the fourth incarnation of this game, SOMEBODY would have figured out that we need more than the flimsy, worthless manual that is provided. I would be more than happy with a pdf file that explained what and how the sliders and other stuff works. BTW...can you also tell me how to access the minor league games. That seems to have disappeared from my choices ever since I started a franchise.

Crites, for the last couple years, PC users had to hit the number '4' on their keyboard (not on the numpad) to change from MLB to the minors. Hitting '4' also allowed access to Classic Controls in Controller Options, as well as access to all levels of league play within Roster Management options, such as Lineups, Pitching Rotation, etc..

I haven't picked up 2K12 yet, so I don't know if it's still the same this year. I was tempted to grab it last week while it was $20 at Amazon, but all the issues I read about here and on 2K's forums have made me very wary.

actually since i got the game last night was the first time i played a full game,I wont really get into it until the actual updated rosters come out and when im finsished modding.I didnt change the sliders and was surprised because i actually was able to hit the ball and won the game in the top of the 9th inning and of all things i won on a throwing error.Usually the original settings the comp kicks my *** and im lucky to get 1 hit lol

But anyways no matter how many or what slider settings there are,they are not gonna work for everyone because everyone plays differently.Its not unusual for me to change settings every few games because i either get tired of winning 20-5 with 25 hits or get tired of losing and not hitting at all so ill go on the type of game mood im in.I did enjoy last night because the comp actually had errors and i won a 4-3 game and both sides had only around 7-8 hits and my bad highlight was i gave up 3 Hrs,1 to matt gamel and the other 2 to corey hart lol but it actually had a true baseball feel and thats the most important thing ,if u set the sliders to the point the game feels real to u then u have accomplished what matters. I know the last few years people would complain they couldnt steal and failed to realize that those settings was all they needed to work on to make steals possible

Yesterday was my first grand slam of the game. It was pretty cool. But I have the settings back to Rookie. Seems like the more I futzed with the sliders, the worse I made things.

Bandit: I will see if pressing #4 does anything. But I am not using a controller, I am using a keyboard. So that equates to Right Shift. We shall see ^_^

Edited by Crites

Something to keep in mind: There are slider vets who say the game plays differently depending on which difficulty level where you start adjusting your custom sliders from. Meaning, adjusting CPU hitting for example when starting out with your sliders set on Rookie difficulty, will yield different CPU ability/hitting results than if you start adjusting sliders while starting out with your sliders set on Legend difficulty.

Edited by bangus

Something to keep in mind: There are slider vets who say the game plays differently depending on which difficulty level where you start adjusting your custom sliders from. Meaning, adjusting CPU hitting for example when starting out with your sliders set on Rookie difficulty, will yield different CPU ability/hitting results than if you start adjusting sliders while starting out with your sliders set on Legend difficulty.

Hmmmm...I suspected something like that was true. I might try moving to Pro and then downgrading from there a little bit. I can't get a hit to save my life at the pre-set Pro level.

On yeah....on the minor league access...I figured out how to find it. From the Home screen you click on Franchise and then the Esc (Escape) key. It's in the bottom left hand corner. But it's "blurred out" and you can't access it. Maybe when the regular season starts you can play it...I dunno.

Edited by Crites