Quick Question...pinch Hitters?

Crites

I looked all through the manual and I don't see any description of how to bring in a pinch hitter while batting. Also no way to bring in a pinch runner or to change someone in the outfield during gameplay.

I'm using a Logitech Rumblepad.

If using a 360 controller you use the "D-Pad" and press "down" to bring up the pinch hitter/bullpen menu. Not sure if your logitech has one of those...

Even so, I would recommend throwing down $20 on a used wired 360 controller anyway. Windows is designed to be compatible with it as are most games released on PC.

Well I figured it out. There is NOTHING in the config menu that explains it. What I had to do was hit the down POV first and then hit the #5 button. That brought up the hitter selection. To say the manual info is minimal is to make an understatement. :crazy:

Edited by Crites

The manual has always been basically worthless.. Even moreso for those of us who downloaded the game from amazon :)

Most of the time, a basic question can be easily addressed by someone here or by just searching around the forum. I ask a lot of questions myself, so please don't take this as a "look before you ask" type thing, but there is a lot of info hidden in here. Often, it is hidden in threads whose titles don't reflect your question, so (my opinion) please don't hesitate to ask. I, for one, will always respond if I know the answer (I know nothing about mods or modding .but I spend a lot of time playing). The game is quirky, but still fun.

The manual has always been basically worthless.. Even moreso for those of us who downloaded the game from amazon :)

Most of the time, a basic question can be easily addressed by someone here or by just searching around the forum. I ask a lot of questions myself, so please don't take this as a "look before you ask" type thing, but there is a lot of info hidden in here. Often, it is hidden in threads whose titles don't reflect your question, so (my opinion) please don't hesitate to ask. I, for one, will always respond if I know the answer (I know nothing about mods or modding .but I spend a lot of time playing). The game is quirky, but still fun.

Thanks Hollywood. I am pretty good with MVP 05/08, but this is a brand new animal for me. :D

Is there any way to map your controller using a controller config in txt form or do we need to do it in game, by the way i'm using a ps3 controller. If i used a wired 360 controller are the buttons automatically setup same as the 360 game or do you still need to map them. Thanks.

Is there any way to map your controller using a controller config in txt form or do we need to do it in game, by the way i'm using a ps3 controller. If i used a wired 360 controller are the buttons automatically setup same as the 360 game or do you still need to map them. Thanks.

The 360 controller sets up automatically and is the same, yup. Edited by bangus