How To Get Your Own High Res Snapshots...

futzy99

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I just found a cool little thing that I've never seen anyone mention before. I was doing some portraits for minor leaguers, and I noticed some teams' pictures have a really long URL, like this. Note the small size of the picture.

untitled2sf3.gif

Now, when I delete the ".300.jpeg" at the end of the picture, it blows up into a monstrous picture perfect for portrait making:

untitled3la6.gif

That part I knew about. Now I'll explain another way to get bigger portraits on SOME sites.

Some URLs look like this, and deleting the ".300.jpeg" doesn't work. Again, a tiny picture.

untitled2wg8.gif

For some of these, you can change the ".200.jpeg" or ".300.jpeg" to a bigger size by simply changing it to ".500.jpeg". I've found that 500 is the biggest you can make it, although I haven't checked every team site like this. So for now, 500 is the biggest. Notice the difference:

untitled2ez9.gif

I just changed the URL from "http://albuquerquebaseball.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/thumbcache/8b380166df91a283b1616269be8ccdfd.200.jpg" to "http://albuquerquebaseball.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/thumbcache/8b380166df91a283b1616269be8ccdfd.500.jpg"

Most of you will have absolutely no need for this, but others might, so there you go.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the info, those raw images are sure nice, I always asked myself where they are, because their is a special give-away on fathers day of john gibbons ties (sounds weird I know, but maybe the give away is pulled along with gibbons anyway) they had a small choice of sized raw images, and they often look a lot better than the faces only.

By the way, I was looking around some photos, and I don't know, was that bat positioned intentional by Michael Young ;)

276545_raw.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any way of getting pics of players in other uniforms. For instance, would I be able to get a high resolution snap shot of Orlando Cabrera in a Boston Red Sox uni using this method? I have been looking for a very high resolution portrait of him, but I haven't been able to find one. If anyone knows of a place where I can get some high resolution pics of the 2004 Red Sox team (portrait style), that would be really nice as well. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

these photos are great and thanks for the help on photoshop kg. is there another site (other than pressbox) where i can download photos of players (larger than the ones on espn). the reason is some of the photos on the mlb/team/rosters have photos of players in their old uniforms. as an example: aaron boone is wearing a indians uni, orlando hernandez is wearing a diamondbacks uni, ricky ledee is wearing an a's uni, adam kennedy is wearing an angels uni, etc. i downloaded some of these on espn's site, but they're only 90 x 135 and when i tried to edit them in photoshop, it left a gap on both sides when i resized them to 256 x 256

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know how far into spring training did the teams started updating the pressbox photos? I have been checking it on a regular basis and they are yet to update it. Does anyone remember when they were made available last year? Thanks for any help.

Archived