Classic Games Tape/DVD Thread

tebjr

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home movie of the 1929 World Series Philadelphia A's @ Chicago Cubs

No sounds(obviously) and very short, but still very cool. Hope you guys enjoy. I found it on Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U63LW6wV3no...related&search=

From description via Youtube:

The first part is Flag Day, 1930, the season AFTER the World Series. The ceremony ends with the NL championship pennant hoisting. The emailer used the scoreboard to verify it was Flag Day -- those teams did play that day. Later, you see the World Series bunting; this section is definitely the 1929 World Series(about the 3:15 mark, when the camera changes position in the stadium.). Still don't know if it is game 1 or 2.

• 4 months later...

I just noticed something new on mlb's-baseball best. You can watch highlight reals for free. I'm currently watching the highlights of the '68 World Series. Others of note-Mazeroski homer, mays catch, ruth called shot.

Where is this found?

Would anyone have the 1999 Home Run Derby from Fenway Park? I would really appreciate a torrent of this. ESPN classic is going to show a condensed version of this on Monday. I mainly just want McGwire's on-fire 1st round.

Hey, the Vintage World Series Films that are out now from A&E, are they just repackaged duplicates of the original World Series DVDs that came out originally back in the year of that World Series?

I have the Angels 2002 World Series DVD from 2002 and recently I saw in the store the Vintage World Series DVD of the Angels 2002. There is a listed difference of 2 minutes between the two. Are these exactly the same but repacked, or is there new material on the Vintage one?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but does anyone have a copy of the TBS broadcast of the last regular season game played in Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium? I used to have it on tape and it was eaten by the VCR. I'm looking for another copy of it.

I'm gonna bump this up. If someone could help me with this game, I would greatly appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that would be great , thanks.

Yeah, uh...the guy I ordered it from...huh, still haven't gotten it in the mail from him. Starting to get ticked although, it is coming from Canada. I guess I should cut him some slack with the holidays and all but if it isn't here by Thursday, I'm going to have to send him a sternly worded email.

No problem. I'm still trying to get through all 7 games of the '68 series-man i wish these were in color. I got as a christmas present the game between the Red Sox and the Twins on September 30th, 1967. It is the oldest complete game broadcast in color. It is in surprisingly good shape. Yaz and Killebrew both hit their 44th home runs. And the Red Sox pull even with the Twins.

Yeah, uh...the guy I ordered it from...huh, still haven't gotten it in the mail from him. Starting to get ticked although, it is coming from Canada. I guess I should cut him some slack with the holidays and all but if it isn't here by Thursday, I'm going to have to send him a sternly worded email.

This DVD is awful. The worst part is, it's second generation awful...meaning all the terribleness comes from whoever made this DVD originally. It appears that after using the kinescope, it was recorded to VHS then to DVD. However, it looks like they used and extremely poor motion detection program because there are artifacts all over the place. It looks like 900 little digital squares are everywhere. The audio is muffled and turned WAAAAAAY down and I LOVE people who apparently make copies of games from VHS and don't realize they should 'unpause it' a couple seconds sooner so you don't get that weird restart noise.

Honestly, if I could get my hands on original copies of stuff...I'd treat them like my first born. My PC would be running algorithms for days just to capture every detail in motion.

The only saving grace is that I may be able to downconvert this, clean it up and put it on my iPod. Probably won't look half bad on a 3 inch screen.

Archived