The Big, Nasty, All-encompassing Faq List!

MarkB

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that would explain it. My friend had linked it saying he wanted it installed, and I assumed he got it from the right area. Wasted an hour trying to get that working...

Any ideas on my post from my other thread

"I'm trying out ksmlove000's Fox editor and I love it. But my teams are set as Single-A (long story) and naturally having those teams properly formatting is a big deal (something I expect is pretty much a first for most people!)

http://www.mvpmods.c...es/1459_f33.jpg

Imagine that picture, except the colors going with the team initials in the top left are rectangular and don't fit the parallelogram space.

What file should I look into if I want to edit that? I'll figure out how to edit it but I'm not even sure which way to start. "

Well that would explain it. My friend had linked it saying he wanted it installed, and I assumed he got it from the right area. Wasted an hour trying to get that working...

Any ideas on my post from my other thread

"I'm trying out ksmlove000's Fox editor and I love it. But my teams are set as Single-A (long story) and naturally having those teams properly formatting is a big deal (something I expect is pretty much a first for most people!)

http://www.mvpmods.c...es/1459_f33.jpg

Imagine that picture, except the colors going with the team initials in the top left are rectangular and don't fit the parallelogram space.

What file should I look into if I want to edit that? I'll figure out how to edit it but I'm not even sure which way to start. "

This is the wrong thread to be asking questions about this. Keep those questions in the thread you already started. This is the FAQ thread for Mvp baseball.

• 3 months later...

Where is the location of the default roster? I am using MVP Edit but cannot locate the actual file I need to open to edit the player info. I just installed the game so am looking for the default roster that came with the game.

Open MVPedit and click "import". Point it to the <database> subfolder. You'll be prompted to save it as some type of .mbe file name.

If you want to see the photos while in the editor, click on options and check the "show player portrait' box and point to the <data> subfolder.

Tip: MVPedit saves as you makes moves. There is no reason to "save as" which is your only other option, though "save as" comes in handy when making backup .mbe's.

• 1 month later...

For some reason I get the error message "Run time error '53': File not found" when I try to import rosters for MVPedit. I pointed it to the Programfiles/Ea Sports/MVP Baseball 2005/data/databse and I still get this error every time. Any suggestions?

• 1 year later...

When I open MVPEdit, I get an error message saying that a file is not found.

If the error mentions the file MSCOMCTL.OCX, COMDLG32.OCX or TABCTL32.OCX, download this file. When it's downloaded, run it. When this has finished, run MVPEdit again and you should be able to use it without the error appearing again.

So I got a new laptop the other day. It runs Windows 7 64-bit and when trying to run loclook or MVPEdit I get the missing COMDLG32.OCX message. I ran this installer and it did nothing for me, still get the message. Any ideas? Not sure where it went wrong.

That didn't work for me for whatever reason. I tried it and it gave me an error message. The message helped me find this though:

http://social.techne...09-480e265dacf2

I guess it needed to be regestered from the SysWOW64 folder and not the System32. I'm not a big computer person, so I don't really know. Anyway, I got it to work. Thanks for the help though Homer.

• 2 months later...

can someone update this FAQ's a couple of the links are not working.

No. This is a very old thread that was started back in 2005. The person that began this thread and did the research on it is no longer a visitor of this website. The files you need are probably still here but you need to search for them.

• 2 weeks later...

"Is there any way to have all the secret uniforms, stadiums and players unlocked without having to complete all the MVP tasks?

Yes, and it's brought to you by the same person who created MVPEdit. You can download it by clicking here. You can download an "unlocked" profile from here. When you've downloaded the file, extract the .sav file and place it in your My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2005 folder, then load it in-game and everything should be unlocked.

"

the link in green colored section...everytime i click on it i get a 404 error message. other then that the other links work fine for me.