Official Video Game Thread

BigRog

[marq=left]GTA4 Info on page 61[/marq]

IMO ign has the best insider info right now on this

http://ps3.ign.com/launch/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2008.html

from my experience playing it at my work it is a solid game. we get to play the game in my store in our Pit as we call it ( we keep all our systems and games that we play in there. seeing as we don't have internet and never will in there, we play the games before they go on the street to see how they are and to help the customer out when they ask about the game). As always the graphics are great and the entrances are outstanding. It was my first time playing the game on a 360 so the controls where weird for me at first but i quickly got used to them. Sadly i can't submit any pics of ingame because of a stupid contract i had to sign when i started working at my job but i did take a picture of the game when i was in the backroom and no one was looking.

sry for the quality as it is off my phone camera

Image004.jpg

Image003.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too much to say about the SVR series. This year, the roster is absolutely terrible [why don't we get Londrick who were tag champs for over a year?], the 24/7 mode is garbage, you wrestle pretty much the same storylines over and over [i won't even go into your wrestler recovering and taking a day off], the create a wrestler mode is trash and you still have the blur effect [who cares if you want to make it look like your character has a penis or butt cheeks on their underwear], and then the fact that the people making the game focused more time on trying to get realistic sweat than they did gameplay.

As for Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, yes, it's a 2D game, yes it's a two year old import from Japan that has been translated to English. But, FPWR sports 327 wrestlers [yes, mostly all from Japanese federations, but if you know your wrestling, you know damn well who over half the people are] and on top of that, you can create 500, yes, I said, 500 wrestlers [sVR you only get 30]. And with the edit options, you can make just about any past and present superstar [Especially if the saves from the Japanese version work, there are already roster packs made for WWE/TNA/ROH so you won't have to waste your time making them]. Go to YouTube, and search for "Fire Pro Wrestling Returns" and look how good this game can be. Also, be sure to check out www.fireproclub.com

not sure. might as well try it. the only reason i wouldnt think you could would be some clothing not associated in both games.

i spend half of my time playing these games and half going to my favorite CAW website making wrestlers that arent in the game

No, you cannot copy CAWS from 07 over to 08. And as far as CAW mode goes, it's recycled stuff over from last year, but with things they added such as more hair styles, they took out from other places such as face paints, masks, etc.

This game is pretty much a recycled version of last year, just like Madden.

Madden has two thing going for it over this

1st it was good at one point in the past

2nd it is based on a real sport

kraw your word is god, but god an be wrong sometimes

1) this game was good at one point and still is. It is the most selling series ever for a wrestling game. Ive sold at least 30 pre-orders at my work

2) **** you. wrestling takes as much ability as football. you are actually getting hit in the ring. maybe not as hard as a street brawl but your getting hit. I knew John Cena before he made it big (not actually but my cousin works at his old gym so i met him about a dozen times. He still goes there now and then). Anyways he got me and my cousin tickets and backstage passes one time when Smackdown (at the time he was on it) came to Boston. Up close wrestling does not look fake AT ALL. i even got in the ring with him and Brock Lesner to see what it was like because ive always had a dream of becoming a wrestler. I've played highschool football and imo wrestling demands much more

Mick Foley who is a wrestling god has a number of legit injuries from just wrestling.

Six concussions from 1986 to 1998

One broken jaw in 1986

Two broken noses in 1993

One broken cheekbone in 1998

Lost four front teeth from 1989 to 1998

Two-thirds of his ear ripped off in 1994

A separated shoulder in 1990

A fractured left shoulder in 1989

A dislocated shoulder in 1998

Second degree burn on his shoulder in 1995

Second degree burns on his arm in 1995

54 stitches on his left arm in 1995

A broken right wrist in 1989

Bone chips in his right elbow in 1996

Six broken ribs from 1991 to 1998

A torn abdominal in 1992

A torn ACL

A broken toe in 1991

A total of over 300 stitches in his arms, head, eyebrows, hands, ears, shin, cheek and lip

Thousands of thumb tack holes

http://www.angelfire.com/md/mikeruic/mickfoley.html

The thing is, this game has no improvement over last year's, yes the hardcore mode got better, but not up to real, Heyman-ECW standards.

Talking about Mick Foley, look at Sabu's career, he superglued his torn bicep which needed 100 stitches to cover up later...Man, that's Sabu.

2) **** you.

Yikes. No need to go there. You don't like that he called wrestling "not a real sport?" Dude... it's staged. Obviously. That's what he meant by it not being a real sport. Yes, they do "athletic" things, and the risk of injury is there - but it's not competitive - it's scripted. It's not a sport, it's entertainment. A sport is something decided when athletes compete - not when athletes pretend to compete and eventually arrive at a pre-determined result. (The NBA refs need to read this :lmao: ).

wrestling takes as much ability as football. you are actually getting hit in the ring. maybe not as hard as a street brawl but your getting hit. I knew John Cena before he made it big (not actually but my cousin works at his old gym so i met him about a dozen times. He still goes there now and then). Anyways he got me and my cousin tickets and backstage passes one time when Smackdown (at the time he was on it) came to Boston. Up close wrestling does not look fake AT ALL. i even got in the ring with him and Brock Lesner to see what it was like because ive always had a dream of becoming a wrestler. I've played highschool football and imo wrestling demands much more

You make outrageous claims. If this is true - cool for you meeting and interacting with some of the stars of your prefered "sports/entertainment" field... but I'm afraid I HIGHLY doubt all of that.

Yikes. No need to go there. You don't like that he called wrestling "not a real sport?" Dude... it's staged. Obviously. That's what he meant by it not being a real sport. Yes, they do "athletic" things, and the risk of injury is there - but it's not competitive - it's scripted. It's not a sport, it's entertainment. A sport is something decided when athletes compete - not when athletes pretend to compete and eventually arrive at a pre-determined result. (The NBA refs need to read this :lmao: ).

You make outrageous claims. If this is true - cool for you meeting and interacting with some of the stars of your prefered "sports/entertainment" field... but I'm afraid I HIGHLY doubt all of that.

with the first part i wasnt trying to be a dbag, it was more of a jokingly **** you. kinda like you would say to a friend. I have conversed with Kraw enough for him to hopefully realize i respect him to the highest extent.

as for the second part, im not gonna even get into any arguments over that because there is no point. i know its the truth, im not trying to prove anything, and if you dont believe me so be it because its not that big of a deal.

also so you do know Tim White lives in my town and owns the friendly tap. He was a wrestling ref and when wwe comes to providence the wrestlers often visit him there. anyone could meet them if they just went down there.

I'm just gonna say that yes, pro wrestling is scripted, however, it's not fake, please refer to Sabu vs. Terry Funk, no rope barbed wire match.

And because it's extremely dangerous, so it's brutal if not scripted and overseen by a referee, they're gonna die out there. (no relation to Rabid Wolverine)

Archived