Mlb 2K12 Modding Notes...

pena1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. I already made the crowd edit I wanted in Toronto, now I'm going to take a shot at making a cyberface. Just need to figure out a face number from the roster editor.

Is there a specific set of instructions for MLB cybers editing? The NBA instructions don't seem to be working for me. No .dds to export?

Edited by tinpanalley

Question...

In cyberface editing, whenever I go to copy-paste a layer into the alpha, I can't seem to select the layer I want. It's like a layer becomes automatically selected. Any idea what might be causing that? It makes no sense! I clearly select the right layer and it still picks this other one.

Edited by tinpanalley

tinpan try this click on the alpha channel where its the only channel with the lil eye icon,right click and duplicate the alpha channel.Make sure now the new alpha channel is chosen and make ur changes on this new channel.Once done delete the original alpha

tinpan try this click on the alpha channel where its the only channel with the lil eye icon,right click and duplicate the alpha channel.Make sure now the new alpha channel is chosen and make ur changes on this new channel.Once done delete the original alpha

Cool, I'll definitely try that. I had everything looking great and I was sure I was gonna have a really good cyber for Arencibia. But it was getting SO frustrating and I quit.

Hmmm.. still not working. See when it comes time to select that "beard" layer, it refuses to let me pick which layer to copy. It picks another layer automatically. It's infuriating!

In fact I just noticed that I can't actually COPY any layer to place it into the Alpha?

Edited by tinpanalley

mmm not sure what to tell u,i dont work with the faces so maybe theres a different way of handling those.I know on the unis i have to duplicate the alpha and work directly on the new alpha.The only difference is im usually erasing areas that i dont want im not pasting anything over the alphas,scottybilly or DS would be the best guys to ask

Yeah, see the problem here is that the instructions say to paste a layer from the main dds you're working on over the alpha to get the hair to show up with texture and not reflective but you can't paste anything over the alpha copied from the layers. At least I can't. Maybe there's a setting?

Yeah, I've kept trying this in every way I can think of, keyboard shortcuts, menu options and I simply can't take a layer from the layers tab and copy-paste it into the channels tab. The Paste option is greyed out when I click in the channels tab.

Oh well. My Arencibia looked good. :(

I recently started to make cyberfaces and do not have this problem. I can copy + paste from layers into the alpha channel without a problem. What program are you using? I use Photoshop 7, it is old but it works and I am used to it.

How do you try to copy the layer? With keyboardor directly via the programm commands? Try to paste it elsewhere, perhaps the copy makes the problem, not the channel. If you can paste it, then the channels are the problem.

Or perhaps your channels somehow are restricted. But like I said, I never had this problem.

I tried CTRL-C, Edit -- Copy, right-click menu.

Maybe in something I was doing? I basically had the layers set up to have the main image of the cyber, my image of my player on top of that and each face portion in its own layer above that.

Then, I take a beard or moustache, click to select the layer, copy, and go over to the channels tab. Once in the channels tab paste simply doesn't work. The only way I was able to get a result was by doing the face separation in the channels tab.

I think you're right, I think there must be a restriction setting somewhere.

I use the following method.

Let's say I want to copy a beard from the channels into the alpha.

1) I choose the layer with the beard.

2) I use the magic wand and click on a free spot of this layer (not directly on the beard).

3) Since by now the free spot is selected I inverse the selection so the beard is selected.

4) Now I click CTRL-C and do nothing else at this layer, I leave the selected area where it is.

5) Now I go to the channels. Here you should still see the same selected area like in the layers (beard).

6) I click CTRL-V and insert the beard.

Perhaps your selection was wrong?

If it does not work I really only can think of the mentioned rescription.

Edited by wudl83

Questions to those of you doing cyberface edits...

1. You can add all the 2-dimensional elements you want, but ultimately, the characters 3d head model will always stay the same correct? Any way to edit that 3d head to change a nose or a forehead, etc?

2. Is there any way to make a player less dark? I guess you can add whatever face you want, but the arms won't match.

Thanks guys! Really happy with the Arencibia I made and another edit I did to the crowd at SkyDome (yes, I will always call it SkyDome) :)

Make sure you are deleting the present face layers from the green alpha channel before you copy your current face layers into it. You will need Blender to work with any aspects of the 3D head models. The unmatching skintones/shading/lighting is a major graphic glitch in every 2k game this year that they wont change. Fortunately there are some guys over at moddingway.com that are posting mods that are supposed to correct the graphic issues with skintones, etc for nba series. Have to find one that works well with mlb2k

Ok. I was just putting the new green alpha over the other one altogether. The thing about the 3D model is because I'm getting some great looking faces that just don't match the 3D model well. If I could adjust things like making a forehead smaller or wider, or a nose smaller, etc my faces would look way better.

Ok. I was just putting the new green alpha over the other one altogether. The thing about the 3D model is because I'm getting some great looking faces that just don't match the 3D model well. If I could adjust things like making a forehead smaller or wider, or a nose smaller, etc my faces would look way better.

Download blender, the only way to edit those things is with the 3D model editing program. It's EXTREMELY complicated for beginners, so unless you have patience and hours to dedicate to learning the system (and i mean HOURS) then don't bother worrying about it.