The Thrill Is Back!

Veesmack

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going toward more this photo as the main reference. I used his 2011 headshot to make it. post-15844-088660300 1311118814_thumb.pn

edit: 7:30PST

post-15844-043087400 1311129028_thumb.jp

So I went back into oedit. And did some more changes. I think the key thing for me is make subtle changes. Now off to watch the Giants and Dodgers play. Thanks Yankee4Life, a few hours later I realize that I need a picture just like the one you provide me.; I sometimes forget that using a pic while a player is smiling can mess things up if I'm using multiple pictures with some smiling and some not. That happened with Mel Ott. I had his jaw too long because the picture I was using had him smiling.; Other things that happen is smiling contorts the jaw and chin extending it a bit as well as widening the nose; I can't wait to work on the face some more tomorrow after a gig in the morning.

last edit: Just wanted to post yet another image. I think it's coming along. I'm gonna keep the mouth the way it is. I think it's not as wide a smile in the picture and not as small as his mouth can get. It's like in between.

post-15844-073046000 1311143582_thumb.jp

Not that I'm anywhere near an expert, but what I see, and I'm sure you do too is a need for maybe the bridge of the nose to be narrower, and the distance between the bottom of the nose and the top of the lip to be a bit shorter. Otherwise, I think he'll be spot on!

Good feedback man! I agree with you, so that's a good eye. The other thing is I would make the chin and mouth more narrow too. In his pic, he's smiling. If you look at the picture previously where he's not smiling, you can see he doesn't have a really wide mouth. your face takes most of the smile out, so I would shrink it a little. I'm loving this though! Finally getting a decent face for him.

boy I tell you, if you ever want more challenges, here's a list of them that could use them:

Josh Hamilton

Juan Guzman

Allen Trammell

Bill Mazeroski

Bill Swift

Alex Fernandez

Curtis Granderson

Ian Kinsler

Craig Kimbrel

Clayton Kershaw

Cliff Lee

Jon Lester

Daniel Bard

Clay Buchholz

Brian Roberts

Shin Soo Choo

Mike Moustakas

Peter Bourjos

Michael Saunders

Wilson Ramos

Drew Storen

Tyler Clippard

Josh Johnson

Jon Jay

Madison Bumgarner

Daniel Hudson

Ian Kennedy

Troy Tulowitzki

Dexter Fowler

Bobby Thigpen

Bret Sagerhagen

Brian Downing

Bryan Harvey

Charlie Hayes

Curt Flood

Dale Murphy

David Cone

Derek Bell

Dizzy Dean

Don Baylor

Frank Tanana

Frank Viola

Gil Hodges

Howard Johnson

Hoyt Wilhelm

Jesse Barfield

John Kruk

Ken Hill

Lenny Dykstra

Mariano Duncan

Mark Langston

Matt Nokes

Mitch Willams

Phil PLantier

Randy Myers

Rick Aguilera

Rob Deer

Ryne Sandberg

Stan Musial

Tim Raines

Vince Coleman

Jim Abbott

Jedinstvo, thanks man for pointing that out. I'm gonna do exactly what you said with the nose and that area between his mouth and nose. When I went to bed I liked the face a lot but there's no rush. I know I do it and I know other modders do it, too. When I think a face is finished I seldom go back and work on it.

Homer, I think we have like minds. I'd say about 90% of all the people you listed are players I have considered doing faces for. I attempted a Mark Langston and Jim Abbott before but the pictures were not usuable. I made a Gil Hodges a long time ago. I'll send it to you to look at later today (I'll PM you when I do). Again, it's one of my early faces.

Sesbb30, thanks man. Mainly, I think what has helped me is I have been making faces for NBA Live 98 when I stopped modding MVP years ago. It's funny. I stopped doing NBA Live 98 faces around 2000, then I picked it up again in 2006 til last fall. I was converting the faces for NBA Live 99 to 08 for NBA Live 98, too. It was like I still had the creativity but was somehow burned out in 2006 and switched from MVP to NBA Live 98. A huge reason was that it was simple. No oedit and a really good database editor. I made the whole WNBA, 66 college teams (home and away jerseys and also converted newer jerseys from newer NBA Live's for NBA Live 98. It was easy making courts too. If I was modding MVP I would have flunked out of college I believe. But I feel like playing NBA Live 98 is rather embarrassing now. It would have been better to not have stopped modding MVP if it didn't affect school. The graphics/gameplay engine are horribly outdated even though the textures are just good. It was nostalgic. now it seems like work in vain ( it doesn't have to be). MVP still looks and plays well

edit: A difference with the NBA Live 98 modding is I have never released any of the files after 2000. An example of the difference in challenge between the two games. I can make a complete team over night with at least eight players and court in NBA Live 98.. But to make the jerseys and at least 9 position players and one pitcher in MVP 05 takes a couple weeks at least for me.

post-15844-041756500 1311208100_thumb.jp

I wish some of you guys would take your talents to south beach...err MLB 2K11 :-D

I've probably used a lot of your mods back in the day but looking at this thread it's still impressive work! Favorite mod of all time, MVP 94. Amazing.

Anyway, I know exactly what you mean by the "thrill". Never was a big modder until this year when I started dishing out for 2K11. It's so much fun even though I'm basically never playing the game lol.

I keep trying the 2k series games and always walk away unimpressed. if the show was on PC, i would be all over it. but they need to improve the 2k series if they intend it to be the only pc option.

The Buster play by play sounds pretty good at this point. I don't think there is more I can do with it.

I noticed I've lost a little weight lately and decided not to mod much in the today or yesterday. I'm posting another picture of how it's coming along even though I only worked on for about 30 mintues today. Let me know if it's looking more or less like him. I'm thinking about keeping the mouth the way it was but the nose looks better. Making it more narrow I think makes other parts look a little different but more towards being more accurate.

Newer:

post-15844-045046100 1311309929_thumb.jp

previous version/older:

post-15844-073046000%201311143582_thumb.

edit:

the latest:

post-15844-071023000 1311317287_thumb.jp

I likes! but i see what you mean about the eyes. I might move the eyes and eyebrows closer together. looking at that last picture, you might consider moving the bottom half of the face up a bit to make the nose shorter.

I likes! but i see what you mean about the eyes. I might move the eyes and eyebrows closer together. looking at that last picture, you might consider moving the bottom half of the face up a bit to make the nose shorter.

I'm satisfied with the what I have so far. The thing about the photograph of Buster in the dugout is that it is not expressionless. his mouth isn't normally that small. The part between his lip and nose is stretched because of his mouth makes that expression. That expression alters his chin. . And his eyes indicate that he in deep thought, as if somebody asked him a question that he is deep in thought to give a particular response.. The eyes are kind of tough to do for this situation. If I bring the eyes closer together, It'll affect the shape of his eyes completely. He needs to have that space between his two eyes I can only try to bring the outside part of his eyes closer but then that will leave him with less sclera (white part) in the outside of his eyes. He will look crossed eyed if there's not that space between eyes is exactly one eye length apart with less outside sclera and the same inside. Otherwise I would have alter the iris/pupil and make that more narrow.. As for the bottom half of his face being more narrow. The screenshot tries to match the angle of the dugout photo. I have not altered the jaw much. I made his chin slightly more narrow last night. It's all about finding a good balance between everything. I'm trying to make Buster look like his pressbox photo except lessening the intensity of the smile but I'm not going completely for the dugout pose. We don't look the same in every photo

Here's what I did before I passed out. (I haven't done anything else):

post-15844-021581100 1311357672_thumb.jp

You need to go outside. Take a stroll down the beach and get some fresh air :)

lol. yeah, that and finding another job. Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to see that for a couple seconds I got some face time on show that aired last week. But it's been slow otherwise. I just got a call to work on Monday though. I've had lots of free time. But lately my free time was going into modding maybe a little too much. I had just gone through this failed relationship during the winter and it was affecting me for too long. But since I've been modding again, I've gotten over it. But in turn I started modding too much. I'll just work on consciously allowing myself to not do too much while it's slow with my job right now. Balance again. I've always been on the extremes

I narrowed the chin, made the eyes closer, adjusted parts of the eye narrowed the nose because of the eye changes I didn't try to do too much with the eyes but was glad I just tried it even though it's not very fun adjusting those ares. That and the mouth are just a big pain because it can really ruin the everything you do if it's messed up. I think I'm going to try starting off with the eyes next time.

Gonna release this with the Mathewson and Ott tomorrow.

post-15844-019053300 1311451705_thumb.jp

Archived