Rising Son

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: MVP 2014 Roster

File Submitter: yyhmst

File Submitted: 21 Mar 2014

File Category: Rosters

Version: 1.0

MVP 2014 Rosters 1.0

Updated version of the BaseUp Rosters 2013 (thanks to Mr.Daflyboys & Mr.Yankee4life)

As much as possible to minor league

Roster 4/27 currently
Trade between the teams reproduce as much as possible.

The Non Roster due to injury, etc., Leading Players can leave the dare

I left the entertainment.

*DL To Database.zip

INSTALLATION: Place all 19 .dat files from the zip file into your MVP baseball subfolder

OLD Ver.

INSTALLATION: Place all 19 .dat files from the zip file into your MVP baseball subfolder

OR

MBE file: Use MvpEpditt

Caution:

Players do not know the name and date of birth, height and weight is only

It becomes the Player A.

It will be saved and get by complementing the data.

Click here to download this file

Bless you Fly for creating Miguel Gonzalez. I was going to work on him, Alexander Guerrero (Dodgers 2B) and Masahiro Tanaka today but my neighbor's shed collapsed and I had to help get the stuff out, was exhausted when we got done. I'll have time Wednesday to work these so I hope to have something to share then.

Any chance I could get some help with these updated rosters for MVP 13 mod for 05? I placed the 19 .DAT files in the MVP Baseball 2005/data/database folder and overrode the existing files in there. When I launch the game, the old rosters from MVP 13 are still there. Did I miss something?

Thanks.

Any chance I could get some help with these updated rosters for MVP 13 mod for 05? I placed the 19 .DAT files in the MVP Baseball 2005/data/database folder and overrode the existing files in there. When I launch the game, the old rosters from MVP 13 are still there. Did I miss something?

Thanks.

What worked for me was to move your MVP 2005 folder to your desktop and try again. I'm assuming you are running Windows 7?

Thanks.

I don't know man, it sounded like you did everything right to me. :unknw:

• 1 month later...

Looking better. Here's some adjustment suggestions:

• CIN: too many pitchers with 14. With all the injuries, it is difficult to tell you what adjustments as I'm not sure who you're keeping based on injuries. But you should have 13 fielders. It's hard to send guys down, but I'd go with who has had the most playing time. You do need a backup catcher (Tucker Barnhart) and Ramon Santiago.
  • BOS: Badenhop should come up to middle relief; send Nava down
  • TOR: Turn Rogers into a MRP (stamina about 24); move Todd Redmond from the FA to LRP; bring Happ up and make MRP (stamina about 27); send Tuiasosopo, Goins and Izturis down; Getz to 2B

Also, you want to name your rosters according to date or number order them somehow.

Are these current 2014 rosters? For instance I when I start the game I see rosters from 2013. No Cano on the Mariners. I took the file and overrode the file that was there and still have 2013 rosters. Can anyone assist me. Thank you. And by the way thank you for all your hard work.

Hey I'm curious as to whether or not the fielding ratings were touched at all or if they even mean that much. A lot of very bad defensive players, Matt Kemp and Shin-Soo Choo for example, have pretty much the same (or better) ratings as guys like Michael Bourn, Denard Span, and Austin Jackson. And Jose Iglesias and Andrelton Simmons, the two best defensive shortstops, have range ratings of 20 (?) and 65 respectively. Is the range rating broken or overvalued or something or were some of these ratings intentionally left higher/lower in order to keep the player's overall rating up/down? Or were they simply not edited? If they weren't edited that's fine I'm just wondering if maybe there's a specific reason before I start changing them.

On a side note why are Yasiel Puig's ratings so inflated? He has a higher contact rating than Miguel Cabrera and a higher speed rating than Coco Crisp. He's a decent player but good lord.

Hey I'm curious as to whether or not the fielding ratings were touched at all or if they even mean that much. A lot of very bad defensive players, Matt Kemp and Shin-Soo Choo for example, have pretty much the same (or better) ratings as guys like Michael Bourn, Denard Span, and Austin Jackson. And Jose Iglesias and Andrelton Simmons, the two best defensive shortstops, have range ratings of 20 (?) and 65 respectively. Is the range rating broken or overvalued or something or were some of these ratings intentionally left higher/lower in order to keep the player's overall rating up/down? Or were they simply not edited? If they weren't edited that's fine I'm just wondering if maybe there's a specific reason before I start changing them.

On a side note why are Yasiel Puig's ratings so inflated? He has a higher contact rating than Miguel Cabrera and a higher speed rating than Coco Crisp. He's a decent player but good lord.

There are two things you can do here. First, if you are not satisfied with this roster you can try another one. And if that other roster has attributes in it that you don't like then the best thing for you to do create your own roster from scratch.

These modders are the best around and constructive criticism is more welcome around here then complaints about the mod.

Whoa what? I simply asked if there was a certain reason they're rated the way they are or if they just weren't edited. I specifically said "if they weren't edited that's fine." And I'm not really sure what you would consider constructive criticism if pointing out specific players and specific attributes that could be adjusted is complaining. But that's extraneous anyway as that wasn't the crux of the post, I was simply providing examples of what I was talking about.

And if you were referring specifically to my comments about Puig then I agree I could have worded that better or left that out, but seriously Cabrera's hit under .320 twice in ten years and his average over the past three is like .340. Puig has one year where he hit .319 with a .390 BABIP. He also had a low contact rate, high strikeout rate, high swinging strike rate, and high groundball rate. Every statistic available suggests his numbers are completely unsustainable. So it was more a statement on Puig being massively overrated than a criticism of the roster.

But I do apologize if I offended anyone or came off as though I were denigrating their work as that wasn't my intention. I was just trying to ask a question and I learned my lesson not to bother doing that anymore. And I was actually planning on doing a rework of this roster and uploading it here (though I'm kinda rethinking that now) But would that be allowed? I assume you were just being irascible when you said to create one from scratch?

That's fine, no big deal and no reason to talk about it anymore. I am sure you meant no harm.

Yes you can do a re-work of this roster. This roster is based on daflyboys rosters so if you do make one please let everyone know that this was the roster you used.

A friendly warning though. Roster creating is long and tedious. It is not easy at all.

Not a problem I think I have a slight obsession with numbers anyway. I once spent about 3 days editing an old Madden roster that I only ended up playing for about a day. But I'd still like to know if there's any rhyme or reason for these ratings. The range rating in particular seems to be rather low across the board. I know sometimes certain ratings are just broke, useless, or otherwise fubar. And does anyone have an idea how important the defensive ratings actually are? Specifically in regard to simulating? Do they even matter aside from the fielding and maybe throw accuracy ratings or is this just impossible to know?

Also I know this probably isn't the place for questions like this but does anyone know if there's a value somewhere that corresponds to the randomness of the hitting ratings? For example a guy with 50 contact could seemingly hit anywhere from around .210 to .320 which I think is a bit too much fluctuation.

The formulas I used are in the hands of Yankee4Life right now as I stepped away from roster making for now and the foreseeable future. I'm not going to speak to everything that you brought up but I will explain why Puig's ratings were so high as compared to Cabrera. Puig's numbers reflected his lightening in a bottle season. Since subsequent years would probably result in his numbers reducing, there wouldn't be much concern there. Cabrera, like any vets, is a reflection of the most current year balanced with a range or previous years (I think it was 3 consecutive previous years). And it's difficult to emulate someone's strike out numbers considering that any human player could be controlling any particular team. Yes, there are attributes for swinging percentages, but it's impossible to figure what that would mean in relation to what pitches they would go after, then factoring in the game slider as well. So you see it becomes quite convoluted. I can't imagine (and maybe don't want to think about it in hindsight) the number of hours this took in total.

But, I think I'm the only roster maker who came along and eventually worked out formulas of sorts for contact, power, pitch control, fielding attributes, catcher throw out attributes, bunting ability and pitcher's batting abilities. Additionally, I threw in the idea of RPs and LRPs having their own sets of stamina. I also worked in end of '13 hot/cold zones, but for some reason, the most current roster makers never used those to build off.... go figure. Like Y4L said, you're welcome to grab the roster and move it forward if you'd like.