MVP Baseball 2005 for Dummies

xiberger

I was searching for the Toronto Blue Jays number font and was directed to this site. I downloaded the font but it is in a fsh format. Is there any way to pull the font as say a true type font that is usable on corel draw ? If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanskpost-128552-0-01676800-1423083868_thumb.

• 6 months later...

The PC can have a mind of its' own.  It depends on the situation.  Sometimes the PC does dumb crap like if the SU pitcher is batting in the 7th inning, the PC will make him bat and then sometimes sub him on the mound in the 8th.  Sometimes you may have to help the PC make a good baseball decision (i.e., switch sides and manage for it).

• 2 years later...

Something I am doing in mvpedit is causing mvp to crash when trying to play a game. Is there any idea what might be causing it? This is what happens step by step.

1. Using 2015 Mod & Rosters

2. Importing negro league players from an All-Time roster I downloaded off this site. 

3. Moving prospect off future all-stars roster

4. Place the negro league players on the unlockable team.

5. None of the players use a cyberface and all are set for picture/audio to "0"

6. Set lineups and rotations

7. Load mvp and try to start new game

8. mvp baseball crashes. 

Any help for this dummy would be appreciated.

GHughett, this is not a support thread for you, myself or anyone else here. It is a thread made ten years ago by someone to help answer some basic questions about the game. You already have a thread you started right here and you need to post your question over there, not here. Thank you so much and your understanding is appreciated.

I think he's asking about some general MVPedit do's and don'ts as well.  The problem is that the MVPedit support threads are all over the place around here.

There's a few major things with MVPedit.

*Don't simply move a No. 1 pitcher to another team or do a send down.  Substitute someone in there first and then move him.  Otherwise you run the risk of a phantom slot being taken up (i.e., the game says you have 25 slots taken up when you only have 24).  If this happens, you have to dig into the proper .dat files and figure out which player is the phantom one.  It's a major pain in the ass.

*Make sure the FA pool is not too large.  MVPedit says something like 235 slots, but it's not that close.  Keep it to lower 100's if you can.  I have a FA team file of 1 person to rule that out when I have roster problems.  Of course I test this on a copy of the file on which I'm working.

*Pitchers cannot have a FB only.  And careful when creating pitchers, even though you add pitches, I've seen them not take.  Create new pitches, switch players in MVPedit, switch teams, go back to that pitcher and see if the pitches "held".

18 minutes ago, Gordo said:

I think he's asking about some general MVPedit do's and don'ts as well.  The problem is that the MVPedit support threads are all over the place around here.

There's a few major things with MVPedit.

*Don't simply move a No. 1 pitcher to another team or do a send down.  Substitute someone in there first and then move him.  Otherwise you run the risk of a phantom slot being taken up (i.e., the game says you have 25 slots taken up when you only have 24).  If this happens, you have to dig into the proper .dat files and figure out which player is the phantom one.  It's a major pain in the ass.

*Make sure the FA pool is not too large.  MVPedit says something like 235 slots, but it's not that close.  Keep it to lower 100's if you can.  I have a FA team file of 1 person to rule that out when I have roster problems.  Of course I test this on a copy of the file on which I'm working.

*Pitchers cannot have a FB only.  And careful when creating pitchers, even though you add pitches, I've seen them not take.  Create new pitches, switch players in MVPedit, switch teams, go back to that pitcher and see if the pitches "held".

That's great information Gordo. They are definitely some things that will need to be aware of. 

Hey, one other thing I just learned this week, albeit a bit minor, is that in MVPedit, if you place 3 pitchers as set up, even though there is space for them, one of them will end up as a LRP in game.  The game doesn't change anything about their attributes, but it will place him there (i.e., you can't have the game show 3 set-up pitchers.)

• 1 year later...

Sorry of this is the wrong place, but I've searched in several threads and haven't seen anything on this.  With team logos, many of the ones I have (Astros, Blue Jays, some others) are the original ones.  How do I download the current ones and replace the old ones?  I searched the downloads and found the 2017logos.zip file, and downloaded it.  I have the list of fsh files, l121.fsh, l076.fsh and so on, the whole list.  But where do I install those in the MVP Baseball 2005 files?  I've successfully downloaded and installed many uniforms and stadiums but can't tell where to put these files so I can replace those old logos.

Can anyone advise or direct me to a thread or link I missed?  Thanks.