Dear 2K, Please Hire The Mvp 2005 Team

uspdude

i dont own a ps3 or a 360, and 2k isnt my only choice. dont pay and play crap, play what you like, and dont waste your money, vote with your dollars. you pay for crap, you will continue to get crap. why buy the latest 2k game anyway, dont the 2k people here mod 2k10 or 2k9 like we do MVP?

Keep giving 2k your money, and they will keep giving you crap. I dont understand how that circle keeps getting completed.

Keep giving 2k your money, and they will keep giving you crap. I dont understand how that circle keeps getting completed.

Hehe....I think I just got my wrists slapped!

I have 2k10 for PC and it isn't as bad as some have said and I certainly plan on buying 2k11.

I still have MVP on my HD and as great as the mods have been to keep the game alive, it is a bit outdated...So I'm looking forward to what 2k11 has to offer.

As long as there is a baseball game for PC, I will continue to be a customer.

One guaranteed way to have baseball games eliminated totally for the PC is to ignore it...No customers, no game!

I'll continue to buy it and write the manufacturer with my opinions/suggestions.

yeah, i guess i am starting to sound like a 2k hater lol. I wouldnt know if its crap or not, i dont own it. I see what people write about it, and not to many others defending it so.... also the guy who started thi thread started off by saying 2k was crap so.............................

but my point was, if its crap and you know or think its crap, by all means give them your money, thats a good way to get it changed.

Giving the creators your opinion, 2k creators, well there are opinions about what they do with those opinions. It doesnt sound like 2K cares much about its customer base.

when 2k makes a game that has lots of people in here saying hey this is grea they really stepped up.....then i will buy it. until then, i will give 2k my opinion by not giving them my money.

See, there is a problem with that philosophy.

Back when there were 3 or 4 games to choose from (Microsoft, High Heat, Triple play/MVP), it was easy to pick the best, and 'give your opinion by not giving them your money'. Problem is, like the one poster said above, it is now the only option. You stop buying, they stop making. Even if EA gets back into the game in '13, there is no guarantee they will even make a PC game, especially if 2k fails in selling enough of them.

Sure, we know we would probably buy EA's game on PC more than 2k, but if they see 2k failing to make the PC market work, it makes them less likely to give it a go when their time comes.

I personally don't care, as you well know, since I have a PS3, and the best baseball game ever made... I don't even know if I would go back to EA at this point (especially since I think it was only the 3rd best PC baseball game I ever played to begin with), unless they just totally knock my socks off with whatever they come up with.

All I am saying is, I get what these guys are saying. If you are over MVP at this point, and need your PC fix, the only way you get it is to buy the only remaining option on the market... If you don't, you might not have an option to turn to down the road.

Don't expect EA to make a baseball game. They have abandoned most PC sports games. NBA Live, NHL, NASCAR and even Madden football. Tiger Woods' golf may not continue. The only title they have been continuing is FIFA soccer, only because it's an international game. Plus it's the only soccer game sold in the USA on a DVD. I had to purchase Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 from the U.K. Only the modding community keeps those titles alive.

I think it was only the 3rd best PC baseball game I ever played to begin with), unless they just totally knock my socks off with whatever they come up with.

So emath, what 2 baseball games would you put ahead of MVP? I think High Heat is one of them but what's the other? Not going to beat you up over this... just wondering.

So emath, what 2 baseball games would you put ahead of MVP? I think High Heat is one of them but what's the other? Not going to beat you up over this... just wondering.

I bet I'll get flack over this, but I loved it the one year I got to play it. Just felt "right".

Microsoft Baseball 2001.

It's one of the first PC games I ever played that I got pretty realistic stats (though, like High Heat lefties with power seemed to have an advantage) with all types of players.

Granted it had a ton of bugs, and I don't think any of them were ever addressed, but I had so much fun playing it, I never cared.

That was the last year they made it though.

TL Baseball, 1996 Edition was pretty good too, but I never could score except via home runs. Could never string any type of hits together.

I bet I'll get flack over this, but I loved it the one year I got to play it. Just felt "right".

Microsoft Baseball 2001.

It's one of the first PC games I ever played that I got pretty realistic stats (though, like High Heat lefties with power seemed to have an advantage) with all types of players.

Granted it had a ton of bugs, and I don't think any of them were ever addressed, but I had so much fun playing it, I never cared.

That was the last year they made it though.

TL Baseball, 1996 Edition was pretty good too, but I never could score except via home runs. Could never string any type of hits together.

I never owned Microsoft Baseball 2001 but my brother-in-law did and from what I saw of it, it looked great. It's too bad they only made one edition of it because that game had potential.

And I loved all the Larussa games, especially Tony 2.

I never owned Microsoft Baseball 2001 but my brother-in-law did and from what I saw of it, it looked great. It's too bad they only made one edition of it because that game had potential.

And I loved all the Larussa games, especially Tony 2.

That's the only year I played, but I had thought they made it before that. I really don't know. I know we are getting way off topic, but it had a major throwing bug, where your throw would sail over the 1B head too often. Also, if you did too much roster editing, the game would crash, so it had some major issues, but it was fun on the field.

Archived