Dynasty Thread Etiquette

DJEagles

After the recent flap that has taken place in regards to a members constant starting of new dynasties, I figured I would lay out a list of things, that maybe people can do when it comes to critiquing someone and their dynasty.

This goes for both the creator of the thread, and the member taking the time to read the dynasty.

1. When judging someone's dynasty, keep in mind it is done purely for entertainment, and not to be taken seriously.

2. Don't be to hard on someone's templates, Photoshop ability. Not everyone has the artistic ability of a JoeRudi, etc.

3. Grammar. Not everyone, for whatever reason, has their head firmly wrapped around the english language. If their grammar bothers you that much, do not read their Dynasty.

These are the top three things I come across when I see someone critiquing someone's Dynasty thread. Just be gentle, and there will be no hard feelings.

When it comes to the author of a thread, be prepared for some criticism. Especially when multiple dynasties are made, and not completed. Before I get jumped on, this happens quite frequently, and by more then one member. People invest time in reading their favorite Dynasty, and to come on this site, and to see them constantly closed....well, that pisses some people off.

We, as staff, are not personal bodyguards, and we are not going to delete messages in threads, everytime we are asked. This is censorship, and we are trying to steer clear of that. If you do not like some of the comments being made in your thread, take it to PMs, with the member who made the comment. Seriously though, just ignore the comment and move on. There are worse things in life.

Enjoy your dynasties, but keep in mind, you have readers. If you keep stopping a dynasty weekly, you will lose your supporters, and no one will be bothered to read anything new you put out.

Thanks, and enjoy.

Nice thread DJ, and I will point out for those of you interested, 2 of the guys in question are myself and RaysFTW.

The problem with the whole situation is people do not read, they just write. As in the case on mine yesterday. In the write-up to the dynasty, I asked to keep the comments to that particular dynasty, and do not come in just to start crap. Well a member who I wont name, enjoys drama. He does it on a constant basis, not just to me, but a few others. I specifically asked him to remove it before it went further, he said no. I got mad, went further into a discussion, and words were exchanged.

Now this is exactly what I wanted to avoid. I am telling you this, because it is easy to fall into a trap by mis-guided individuals. If someone leaves a comment that is way beyond normal critisism, report it. Casual ribbing is fine, as long as its well within reason. I start dynasties, get a wild hair, for whatever reason, and dont finish them. I wont make excuses, or explain the reasons why I changed from one to the next, but I will try. Not being arrogant, but its not that important to have people explain everything in detail why they quit. I have a few reasons why everyone does it, and they shouldnt have to explain themselves for them, so here they are......

1. A member gets a new idea

2. A member doesnt like the original team the started with

3. Some other members ask them to do a Team MVP dynasty (me)

4. They start losing alot

5. They dont like certain players. so they start trading

6. It becomes to unrealistic

7. They just dont have the time

8. Unexpected events causes them to not finish (death in the family)

9. They accidentally delete their saved game (people use this one way to much)

10. Hard drive failure (people use this one way to much)

Im sure there are more, but I cant think off hand. So there are reasons, for what its worth.

Mine are:

I went from a Tribe dynasty to the Team MVP dynasty (Braves)

For those of you that remember, it was a great idea, and can be done, but you need full cooperation from all on board. I stopped that, made a simple ending to it, so technically it was finished. I went to a Kinston Team MVP dynasty, so we all could go from the minors upwards. By doing that, I made the mistake, and lost people who were interested in the idea. Fewer and fewer people were posting, and it gor ridiculously slow. I stopped that one. I went to the Pittsburgh dynasty with 2 other members, to help with the creativity. I got through the first month, then I was overwhelmed by guys asking to be apart of it. I was like WTF? I didnt want to start creating guys, so I asked spicy and TrumpeteerNYR if we could start a new Team MVP, and they said whatever, sure they would come on board.

What took so long, were the templates. We waited so long, we had 7 pages of nothing to read. Then we started to play the games, and I had 3 games played, went on vacation for 7 days. I handed it to spicy, he played 3 more, and when I came back, it was exactly the way it was when i left. 3 people came in to post, and I shut it down.

The definition of a Team MVP dynasty for you guys who dont understand the term: Its a full team cooperation. Each person is responsible for his own player. I just play the games. There was a format to follow, and nobody really cared to follow it, because only a few posted on their player.

Which leads me to the Yanks dynasty that followed. I lost my 2 guys that were doing the creative parts, due to lifes ongoing struggles. I could not replicate what they did, and I felt overwhelmed by the thought, so I stopped that one.

I am on this Tribe Dynasty now, and I am happy with the way its turning out. Its not as glamorous like those PS wizards that put out eye candy. But I like it. I am called the dynasty trend setter for a reason, because I have put so many ideas out for new dynasties, that people use today in theirs. Both on this site and the other one as well.

Now, since I am back to just doing dynasties by myself, and no more focus on Team MVP, I can use my time to develop my dynasty. I no longer will accept requests for an interative dynasty again, so please do not ask me.

I think I have explained everything in some detail, so guys lay off of me. If you are going to comment, be nice, but you can be critical as well. When you have a guy come in and post

"Just quit, you wont finish anyway"

you wonder why wars start in here.

Thats all I have

JB

Nice thread DJ, and I will point out for those of you interested, 2 of the guys in question are myself and RayFTW.

The problem with the whole situation is people do not read, they just write. As in the case on mine yesterday. In the write-up to the dynasty, I asked to keep the comments to that particular dynasty, and do not come in just to start crap. Well a member who I wont name, enjoys drama. He does it on a constant basis, not just to me, but a few others. I specifically asked him to remove it before it went further, he said no. I got mad, went further into a discussion, and words were exchanged.

Now this is exactly what I wanted to avoid. I am telling you this, because it is easy to fall into a trap by mis-guided individuals. If someone leaves a comment that is way beyond normal critisism, report it. Casual ribbing is fine, as long as its well within reason. I start dynasties, get a wild hair, for whatever reason, and dont finish them. I wont make excuses, or explain the reasons why I changed from one to the next, but I will try. Not being arrogant, but its not that important to have people explain everything in detail why they quit. I have a few reasons why everyone does it, and they shouldnt have to explain themselves for them, so here they are......

1. A member gets a new idea

2. A member doesnt like the original team the started with

3. Some other members ask them to do a Team MVP dynasty (me)

4. They start losing alot

5. They dont like certain players. so they start trading

6. It becomes to unrealistic

7. They just dont have the time

8. Unexpected events causes them to not finish (death in the family)

9. They accidentally delete their saved game (people use this one way to much)

10. Hard drive failure (people use this one way to much)

Im sure there are more, but I cant think off hand. So there are reasons, for what its worth.

Mine are:

I went from a Tribe dynasty to the Team MVP dynasty (Braves)

For those of you that remember, it was a great idea, and can be done, but you need full cooperation from all on board. I stopped that, made a simple ending to it, so technically it was finished. I went to a Kinston Team MVP dynasty, so we all could go from the minors upwards. By doing that, I made the mistake, and lost people who were interested in the idea. Fewer and fewer people were posting, and it gor ridiculously slow. I stopped that one. I went to the Pittsburgh dynasty with 2 other members, to help with the creativity. I got through the first month, then I was overwhelmed by guys asking to be apart of it. I was like WTF? I didnt want to start creating guys, so I asked spicy and TrumpeteerNYR if we could start a new Team MVP, and they said whatever, sure they would come on board.

What took so long, were the templates. We waitied so long, we had 7 pages of nothing to read. Then we started to play the games, and I had 3 games played, went on vacation for 7 days. I handed it to spicy, he played 3 more, and when I came back, it was exactly the way it was when i left. 3 people came in to post, and I shut it down.

The definition of a Team MVP dynasty for you guys who dont understand the term: Its a full team cooperation. Each person is responsible for his own player. I just play the games. There was a format to follow, and nobody really cared to follow it, because only a few posted on their player.

Which leads me to the Yanks dynasty that followed. I lost my 2 guys that were doing the creative parts, due to lifes ongoing struggles. I could not replicate what they did, and I felt overwhelmed by the thought, so I stopped that one.

I am on this Tribe Dynasty now, and I am happy with the way its turning out. Its not as glamorous like those PS wizards that put out eye candy. But I like it. I am called the dynasty trend setter for a reason, because I have put so many ideas out for new dynasties, that people use today in theirs. Both on this site and the other one as well.

Now, since I am back to just doing dynasties by myself, and no more focus on Team MVP, I can use my time to develop my dynasty. I no longer will accept requests for an interative dynasty again, so please do not ask me.

I think I have explained everything in some detail, so guys lay off of me. If you are going to comment, be nice, but you can be critical as well. When you have a guy come in and post

"Just quit, you wont finish anyway"

you wonder why wars start in here.

Thats all I have

JB

This was not made so you could come in here and tell members to lay off.

Damn, you just don't get it. People are critical of you, because of all the dynasties you have made, and that is all.

Your ideas are great....well executed, but then you give up, and blame everyone else.

Stop telling people to lay off, stop blaming everyone else, and stop calling yourself the Dynasty Trend-Setter. That is, and always will be JoeRudi.

Archived