~Return Of The Elephants~Oakland Athletics 2010

rookie_rick

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First move of the year for 1-3 A's

The Athletics claimed Jai Miller off of waivers following their 6-2 defeat to the Mariners on Thursday night, Jai Miller was placed on waivers 5 days ago by the Marlins to make room for Mike Lamb.

Miller has been sent straight to AAA Sacramento, where to start with he will be used off the bench as a pinch hitter and defensive replacement.

Tough series, rick, but at least you hit somewhat better than I did in my series against the Cardinals. Seems like manufacturing runs is a common problem. Oh well, it's early, and we'll get better as the season moves along.

I'm hoping that i can avoid LHP's throughout the season because facing Lee, Bedard and Rowland-Smith was horrible. I am looking forward to taking the bats to Anaheim and taking down Matt Palmer in game 1 tonight :spiteful:

I wasn't expecting much offense really to start with because there is no one that really stands out to me to being a .320 hitter or a 30+ home run guy.

Good luck, rick. Santana was always hard (for me) to hit in MVP, looking forward to seeing how this one plays out.

Thanks, i have already played this game and the second game just got side tracked yesterday so couldn't put them up. Santana is pretty good when he has that slider working. :facepalm:

Man, Rivera put the hurt on ya, rick. 5 RBI? :huh:

I had the same thing happen to me with Marlon Byrd (vs Cubs) in game 1 of the series earlier in the week. One man wrecking crew.

We seem to be having the same thing happen to us at the same point in the season. You think we are in too deep with these teams :rolleyes:

I'm loving my pitching for the most part but my batters are just nowhere to be seen. :search:

We seem to be having the same thing happen to us at the same point in the season. You think we are in too deep with these teams :rolleyes:

I'm loving my pitching for the most part but my batters are just nowhere to be seen. :search:

I was having a rough time too. I moved the User Contact and Solid Hit up 1 notch, and turned the CPU Fielder Reaction down 1 notch. I went from a .198 BA in the series vs St. Louis to a .242 BA in the series vs Chicago. Still too early to tell, but the answer probably lies in those sliders.

Still though, that Cardinal pitching was a nightmare.

I was having a rough time too. I moved the User Contact and Solid Hit up 1 notch, and turned the CPU Fielder Reaction down 1 notch. I went from a .198 BA in the series vs St. Louis to a .242 BA in the series vs Chicago. Still too early to tell, but the answer probably lies in those sliders.

Still though, that Cardinal pitching was a nightmare.

I am happy with the way the sliders are set, i seem to get punished when i make a bad pitch and i can still rack up the strikeouts at a realistic rate. So i'm finding the sliders pretty good at the minute.

My OBP is lower than it should be but that is my fault for being inpatient at the plate and the power will come when i get my timing sorted a bit better.

Good job on the dynasty so far!!

Hopefully you'll snap the losing streak next game :good:

Thanks man.

I'm hoping that i can rough up Kazmir to get my second win of the young season.

I am just uploading the Game 5 and 6 videos as i forgot to add them with my presentations:facepalm: The losses are affecting me mentally.

Archived