Is the Lefty issue really that bad?

KenDammit

My biggest problem with thsi lefty bug isnt really my guys hitting home runs or not hitting home runs....My biggest concern is that I KNOW the CPU cannot hit Home runs left handed, and that causes me to totally alter my pitching patterns in regards to left handed batters.

Mike

i went ahead and downloaded roddata3 file on the download page and applied the tweaks.. made a huge difference so far! also any help installing stadiums would be great i tried cincy's and i got a whole field of red and green missing textures. it was wild looking, like a mass murder just happened!

My biggest problem with thsi lefty bug isnt really my guys hitting home runs or not hitting home runs....My biggest concern is that I KNOW the CPU cannot hit Home runs left handed, and that causes me to totally alter my pitching patterns in regards to left handed batters.

Mike

yeah, exactly. If I'm pitching to a lefty it's straight down the middle heat for me. Against a righty I have to actually pitch and work the count. Takes any fun out of it.

Five or others,

Your a great help w/ this game ! you helped me with the roster d/l. One question because i thought forget about editing the datafile but with your instructions i know i can do it !

Is this edit for the lefty issue or the diving catches i'm coming in the ninth inning and not sure !

If righties are hitting them out to often, that's fine. Make the lefties do the same and then we can slider/datafile adjust things.

That would be an improvement over what exists now. I think what most people want is for things to be the same from both sides, whether neither side hits them that much or both hit them too much.

Then you have something you can tinker with.

That's all I'm wanting out of the patch, I don't want to hit 50 HR in 60 games with Ortiz or anyone like that.

I'm not "homer happy". I just want things equal from both sides in terms of power vs ability. I can adjust it from there to my own liking then.

Ummmmmmmmmm, FIVE, theres no file in the data folder called DIRECTORY. What do I do now? This isnt supposed to be this hard is it? I just suck :p

the directory is called DATA :)

heres a simple way that I edited my datafile

I took whatever datafile.txt that i was going to edit, put it on my desktop along with the DFcomp utility, open the utility, chose to decompress and open the datafileEDIT.txt with notepad..changed the entries, then chose to compress the data file, and then moved the modified datafile back into the MVP 2004 data directory.

I am not sure how you got a folder named DIRECTORY (just so you know a DIRECTORY is another name for a folder). The technical term for folders is directories.

Just make sure that both DFCompUtil.exe and gfxpak.exe are in your:

C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2004data

• 4 years later...

and we have another winner! the dumbest person on the world is...mmdog723! Congratulations!

Well that's not totally fair - I met at least a couple dudes at the bars tonight that should be right there in the running for "dumbest person in the world" - I don't think an uber-thread-resurrection qualifies, after these physical specemins :)

• 7 months later...

I think the original poster--half a decade ago now, ;)--was referring to the way the fielding camera angle gets all weird when there's a lefty up at the plate and batting. I always noticed this most in the Metrodome for some reason, but the recent overhaul mods seem to have fixed it.

Lefty issue? What lefty issue. After six full seasons playing in both the Majors and AAA games I've hit literally thousands of lefty HR's. I have a created player with over 400 dingers alone. B)

Nice try piratesmvp04. Please try to create another duplicate account because this one and the previous one (cubslefty) has been suspended.

I think the original poster--half a decade ago now, wink.gif--was referring to the way the fielding camera angle gets all weird when there's a lefty up at the plate and batting. I always noticed this most in the Metrodome for some reason, but the recent overhaul mods seem to have fixed it.

No, there really was a lefty bug in Mvp 2004. It made the left handed hitters much weaker than they really were. For example, picture someone like Ryan Howard of Philadelphia at the plate. In Mvp 2004 with the lefty bug, he wouldn't hit like Ryan Howard. He'd hit like David Eckstien.

• 2 years later...

and we have another winner! the dumbest person on the world is...mmdog723! Congratulations!

Hmm, you use the phrase, "dumbest person on the world," then spell my name wrong when it is clearly printed on the screen, and I'm the dumbest person in the world? Something's not right here...

Archived