The Support Forum - Read This First

RAM

welcome to the mvpmods support forum. this is the section where you can find answers to your technical problems, future equipment upgrades, problems or help with mods, or anything else technically oriented towards MVP 2005. USE THIS AREA TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!!!!

however please don't:

1- bump topics because it hasn't been answered. if it hasn't been addressed yet, chances are that we don't have an answer for you - YET.

2- create another thread for reasons above. it will be removed.

3- post the same question in each different forum section. they WILL be moved and/or deleted.

if you are still having issues with something:

1- contact the mod/ program creator. if you're working on a mod and having difficulties, contact another member who is working on a likewise project.

2- try a search. YES there are many pages but, sometimes the search works!

3- drop me a PM! i've seen it all (almost). if i can, i'll be more than glad to help!!

have a good one...

oh and please do not discuss: warez , torrents, no cd cracks... the usual things folks. excercise common sense. keep it away from the site. all threads with this content will be locked.

• 2 months later...

Just a quick note.

Try not to just type "HELP!!!!" or something similar in your subject line when posting in this forum.

If you need assistance, include a couple of words about the issue are having in the subject line. Oddly enough, you may attract the appropriate help this way. The logic behind this is that if a stadium modder, for example, visits the site and sees a question about modding stadiums, he/she may be more inclined to read the thread. If you simply type "HELP" you may get overlooked.

Finally, as RAM stated above, if you are having issues with a particular mod, I would recommend the following steps:

1) Consult the readme file that accompanied the mod you downloaded. They all should have them. This is the best place to find proper and tested methods of how to install that particular mod.

2) Do a search on this site to see if anyone has already raised an issue about that particular mod. Be specific in your search, and be patient while searching.

3) If #1 fails, contact the mod creator via a PM on this site. More often than not the modder would be more than happy to assist you.

3) If after a few days you do not receive a response from the modder, do another search to see if the issue has been raised. If not, create a thread in this forum. Be specific about the problem you are having and include every detail imaginable about your issue.

4) Do not bump your own thread. If no one is responding, it may just be that the right person has not visited the site. Most threads do not go unanswered. Therefore just be patient. It may take more than a day to get an answer. While that may suck, it's a reality. Complaining and/or bumping your own thread is one of the fastest ways to turn people against you and also have your thread locked.

If everyone follows the above we'll all do just fine.

Best of luck to everyone. Happy gaming!

just to add one other thing. i have noticed an alarming increase in the amount of console related questions being posted here. nothing against consoles BUT, this area is mainly devoted to the pc version of the game. therefore you probably will NOT get the answer to what you are asking. i suggest using the CONSOLE area of the forum for these questions as that particular area is frequented mainly by console only players. in the future any console related support questions will be moved there.

oh and a quick PS- to anyone who has pm'd me recently for support and not had any response i apologize. due to my move i am still a little overwhelmed. getting back to full speed but, not totally there yet. in the interim if you still haven't found the answer to your question please PM the mod maker or another admin/moderator in most cases they will be glad to assist.

RAM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Thread resurrection FTW...before posting, please search to try to find other people with your problem and see how they resolved it. Also, in order to help, it would save a lot of everyone's time if we had the following information from your first post, rather than someone having to ask it. Please post this information, in whatever form you choose, as long as it's there, in your thread.

1. What is the exact problem? Vague descriptions are no good.

2. When did the problem start happening? Has the game ever worked, such as from a fresh install, before you installed any mods?

3. What mods have you installed, if any?

4. Are you using the original game CDs, or a no-CD crack? If you are using a no-CD crack, try running the game with the original game CDs and the original .exe file. We cannot, and will not, provide any support for users attempting to obtain or run the game illegally. If you do not have the original game CDs, don't bother posting asking for help, because there is a very good chance that someone will ask the question sooner or later and you will just have wasted a lot of your own, and everyone else's time on a thread that will just be locked.

5. What have you already tried to resolve the problem yourself?

Finally, posting your PC's specifications is helpful when attempting to diagnose certain issues, so if you know this information off-hand, it may be useful to post that as well.

Thanks.

Archived