Solution to keep your Laptop/Desktop at Normal Temp.

GEOLINK

I have currently found out that the fan in my Laptop was overheating when I got deep into a game. Overheating means slow gameplay and random PC restarting.

Well I found a very weird but very good solution to fix it.... no program, no buying stuff needed...

The way to make it work is this:

1. Insert the MVP Baseball 2005 Disc 2

2. Start the game like normal

3. When you are in the main menu, eject Disc 2

There, can you believe you can play the game without the disc. Without the disc blasing at full speed in your little CD/DVD player. You can play with no slowdowns, and no overheating.

Hope this helps. :headset:

well some other tips...

1. i bought a monitor stand and use it for my laptop. the stand is metal and has holes in it. since the fans are on the bottom of my laptop, it actaully allows better airflow as oppsed to having the fans push the hot air directly onto my table and right back into the laptop. this has helped significantly, not to mention made my screen at a more appropriate ergonomic level to my eyes.

2. virtual Daeman tools. that's all i'll say.

this is true. just with my laptop, i found that the monitor stand made a significant difference in temperature. plus, i have a big enough HD so that the space isn't a problem. i understand where that can be an issue.

the Daemon tools is just a suggestion if you can afford the HD space. the download is insignificant.

Bear in mind that if you don't have a full installation of MVP, the game will be trying to take some game files from the CD and need the CD in the drive when playing.

In other words, this only works if you have a full installation...which, thankfully, most people do.

Bear in mind that if you don't have a full installation of MVP, the game will be trying to take some game files from the CD and need the CD in the drive when playing.

In other words, this only works if you have a full installation...which, thankfully, most people do.

That's really obvious.

That's really obvious.

As is using the Start button on Windows XP, but a lot of novice users of Windows simply don't "get it". A lot of things are obvious, but easily overlooked. A lot of people wouldn't make the connection with the full installation and would wonder why the game stops working when it tries to read from the CD after they've followed your tip.

You try to help, I try to help. Where's the harm in that? :)

Anyway, I've stickied the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep it did for me, just make sure you put the options that your PC can handle, like for me I turn off Umpires and Crowds the game runs smooth than when they are turned ON.

Crowds and Ump's really don't make a differences in Gameplay.

Just tune up the options your PC can handle, and about the my solution... Yes it works.

• 4 months later...

Archived