giantjeff

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dds photoshop plug-in and gfshmgr does that

or fshimage and gfshmgr does that

So I just work on this:?

-utilize ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe to easily turn a .ord and .orl file into a .o file and back (this would also be helpful for cyberface makers, so we wouldn't have to keep creating .bat files)

-edits the index.fsh file contained in the cram32.fsh so that you can easily resize an image

What's a good tutorial for Photoshop? Because I want to learn it thoroughly for something like cyberface modding or something like that.

No kidding, but one of the craziest sites I have seen in terms of tutorials is Good-Tutorials.com. But I recommend you take a basics tutorial first - once you do that you can try doing some of the tutorials they link to.

No kidding, but one of the craziest sites I have seen in terms of tutorials is Good-Tutorials.com. But I recommend you take a basics tutorial first - once you do that you can try doing some of the tutorials they link to.

What do you mean by basic skills? And what tutorial do you recommend?

Basic Skills means, just learning the basics of the program. the different brushes, etc...

Look, I don't mean to be rude, but we can't hold your hand on everything. Rather then post non stop questions on this site, go out into the World Wide Web, do some googling, and learn for yourself. I am sure you'll be surprised what you can find out on your own.

By basics, I specifically mean that you should learn what each tool is called, some of the shortcuts that you will probably be using, what tools *basically* do. It's really important to get into that stuff - it makes things so much easier, and when you learn a technique from something like a tutorial, you can change it up a bit to perfect it to your own liking.

And I absolutely agree with DJEagles - try some googling, learn for yourself. Not everything can be taught, some things you just have to figure out yourself.

-utilize ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe to easily turn a .ord and .orl file into a .o file and back (this would also be helpful for cyberface makers, so we wouldn't have to keep creating .bat files)

-automatically generates mip-maps in the stadium's cram32.fsh file (when you edit an image, it also resizes it and creates all the needed mipmaps and the alpha images to go with them)

-edits the index.fsh file contained in the cram32.fsh so that you can easily resize an image

Does it have to be an entire stadium editing tool? (Like OEdit PLUS these three features?

Also, could you clarify on these three requests? I'm not that familiar, even after skimming the OEdit tutorial.

Also, what do I do with a tool that turns .ord and .orl file into .o file? Would I have to rename any of the files?

So basically, I could need some clarification...

In pirate's OEdit tutorial, he says that I need to unpack a stadium .big file using this:

gfxpak -u jacoday.big cram32.fsh mstadium.orl mstadium.ord removable.orl removable.ord

and then I should delete the mstadium.orl and mstadium.ord, and rename the removable.orl and removable.ord to mstadium.orl and mstadium.ord.

What do these files do, and what is the purpose of deleting them and renaming the others to take their place? Why can't we just not create those files in the first place?

PS, DJEagles, I'm just posting this here because it was already started...after this question, I'll start posting in the Modding help thread.

I'm sorry, I just can't find the answer to this question on google...

In C++, if I have a string named x, and I want to use x as the text to type into cmd, how do I do it?

system(x) doesn't work...

It's a little trickier than that. This is taken from my Models.big Creator program:

#include <windows.h>

STARTUPINFO si;

PROCESS_INFORMATION pi;

ZeroMemory( &si, sizeof(si) );

si.cb = sizeof(si);

ZeroMemory( &pi, sizeof(pi) );

string commandstring = "cmd /c eazip.exe +a "" + modelspath + "" "tempc*"";

CreateProcess(NULL,LPSTR(newtextstring.c_str()),NULL,NULL,0,CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE,NULL,NULL,&si,&pi);

WaitForSingleObject( pi.hProcess, INFINITE );

CloseHandle( pi.hProcess );

CloseHandle( pi.hThread );

Note: Everything after eazip.exe (but on the same line) are the command line options for eazip. (modelspath is another string)

Note: The /c option in "cmd /c" will close the console window after it is finished running.

I used fifafs, and gfxpak...

but in either one of them, how come I can't use *.big instead of test.big?

It doesn't work...

For fifaFS, I used:

fifafs -e *.big cram32.fsh cram32.fsh

It should get the cram32.fsh out of the big file, but it doesn't.

However,

fifafs -e test.big cram32.fsh cram32.fsh

Why?

don't worry about the actual extracting of the files from the .big files, what I think would be most useful is a utility that would take a .ord file and a .orl file and turn them into a .o file, and back. To do this you need ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe. you then create a batch file that will run the program:

ord2o whatever.ord whatever.orl whatever.o
and another to turn the files back into .ord and .orl:
o2ord whatever.o whatever.ord whatever.orl

it just becomes a pain after a while to make all the damn batch files

don't worry about the actual extracting of the files from the .big files, what I think would be most useful is a utility that would take a .ord file and a .orl file and turn them into a .o file, and back. To do this you need ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe. you then create a batch file that will run the program:

ord2o whatever.ord whatever.orl whatever.o
and another to turn the files back into .ord and .orl:
o2ord whatever.o whatever.ord whatever.orl

it just becomes a pain after a while to make all the damn batch files

That would be pretty damn easy to make, wouldn't it!!! Would there be any point?