Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Kccitystar

Since this game has been released, this entire community has worked countless man-hours to provide the most realistic MVP Baseball experience possible and have tried to provide the most true-to-life representation of baseball. Within the game's boundaries of course.

However, we, the modders, are aware that many of our completed projects may not function with system setups that are not our own. This has always been an issue, especially with EA themselves whenever they develop a PC title. They have to sacrifice quality for compatibility, which is something that is very hard to do for a lot of modders all around the EA community. We strive to make mods of the highest quality, however at the same time, it is a challenge to ensure that our work gets along with everyone's computer.

With this said, here are some quick reference guides as to what to look for when you are experiencing crashing and distorted gameplay. It's to the best of my knowledge so if you have any other possible solutions, feel free to edit this thread.

1) My game loads the splash screen but crashes to the desktop

This may be an issue with mods that deal with either the 3D model, catcher/fielder glove update, as that file is the one that loads first.

2) My game crashes before I even get to the main menu

Possibly a roster issue or something wrong with the frontend art.

3) I see black boxes where I should be picking my uniforms

This can be caused by a uniform update and an incompatible uniforms.big file. Be sure that the uniforms.big file you download or use is compatible with the uniform packages you have installed.

4) My uniforms have transparent boxes

This usually happens with many low-end video cards that do not support a feature called "Hardware Texture and Lighting". What you want to do is go to your Options menu while the game is paused and go to your Display options.

Disable this little thingy here:

52xotn8.jpg

That's all I have for now. Anybody have any solutions, feel free to follow the same format I have it, continuing from #5 onward

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you tell me why sometimes my players faces are half black and half white? Pretty scary

when you see these, take note of who they are. it could be a roster issue or the face itself. let us know when you see them so we can take a closer look.

3) I see black boxes where I should be picking my uniforms

This can be caused by a uniform update and an incompatible uniforms.big file. Be sure that the uniforms.big file you download or use is compatible with the uniform packages you have installed.

FYI I had a problem with LA's alternate unis screens displaying so I checked your archive in your exe. The 16.fsh was missing the valid object. Dunno if this applies to others blank screens yet. I just reimported the one off the disc into TiT and it showed correctly.

KC, could you explain that Anti-Aliasing thing please?

Anti-aliasing is the technique of minimizing the distortion artifacts known as aliasing when representing a high-resolution signal at a lower resolution.

It's a technique used by video cards to remove the "staircase effect" with jagged edges. Here's an example:

5xibtic.jpg

Here's the same picture with 4X anti-aliasing (smoothing out edges):

6aiqpza.jpg

what about, "Game crashes when I try to actually play!?"

I can navigate any screen or menu no probs,

I can sim all day long thru seasons but when

I actually enter to play a season/exhibition

it crashes to the desktop . . .

I have MVP 05'

MVP 07' Mod

MVP Patch #2

Most recent KG Rosters

in that order nothing else . . .

Hey guys im having a problem with my mvp. I only have the ultimate rosters v8.61 installed. But whenever i use either the drays or rangers the game always crashes half way through the load. Its getting kind of irritating. If anyone knows how to fix this please help. Thanks

Here is my problem, regardless what team and which stadium I am playing. Whenever I try to play a second game, the game will load, and when it just about to start, it crash back to the desktop. I can play one full game fine, it is the game I am trying to play after that is having this problem

Archived