Changing Your Songs In Mvp

Yankee4Life

In case anyone is interested in changing the default songs in your copy of MVP 08 (or any other conversion mod) this is a very easy and simple task to do. It's so easy, even I did it correctly the first time.

Where you find the files you are going to replace is in the DATAAUDIOCDMUSIC directory. There are nine files in there starting with MENU1.ASF all the way up to MENU9.ASF.

First off, you'll need a program called Ditty Importer. I will attach this small file in this post. Make a temporary directory somewhere on your hard drive and put this file in it. Also, place the .mp3 songs you want to convert in the same directory just so you don't have to go searching for them

Next, open up the Ditty Importer.

On CONVERT FILE, click on Browse and choose your .mp3. Then for OUTPUT FOLDER, click BROWSE to where you want the file to be and then click on IMPORT.

When you are done, you will have the name of your mp3 converted to a .ASF file. All you need now to do is rename that .ASF file to MENU1.ASF or MENU2.ASF. You can do this nine times. Then replace the new MENU1.ASF file you made with the one already in the Mvp directory and your new song will play the next time you start the game.

I also used a program called LOCLOOK (which can be downloaded on this site) and you can edit the names of the jukebox songs to the new names that you put in. Take a look a an old song list of mine from a few years back. One of the songs has a long title to it, but as you can see in the picture, I was able to add my custom jukebox songs and have the correct songs displayed in the game by following these steps.

songlist.jpg

That's it. It's a simple and easy procedure to do. Post here if you have any questions or if you think I have done something incorrect in here. I'm always open to learn.

Ditty_Importer.zip

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I did this a while back. No one seems to ever have the exact same taste in music, so it is nice to be able to change the songs to something you like. I kept 3 of the songs from 08, and added 6 of my own, changed the names, and I am good to go....

could someone please make a tut. for xbox? i've changed the music on xbox well over a year ago, and i got tired of that music. so i triend to change them again about a week ago, and i can't get it right. i have all the programs i need (dittyimporter and sx.exe) but i just can't figure it out again. all i get is an annoying screeching sound in the game lol.

• 4 months later...

First of all, let me say THANK YOU for this thread. I was getting really tired of listening to the same songs over and over again.

I used the Ditty importer, and all the songs were converted to the ASF format. And the songs played when I opened the game. Awesome.

However, i tried to use Loclook to edit the name that appears in the game but I couldn't. Loclook only opens FIFA *loc files (*.loc). Where or how can I edit them? Or, what did I do wrong?

Thanks! :good:

First of all, let me say THANK YOU for this thread. I was getting really tired of listening to the same songs over and over again.

I used the Ditty importer, and all the songs were converted to the ASF format. And the songs played when I opened the game. Awesome.

However, i tried to use Loclook to edit the name that appears in the game but I couldn't. Loclook only opens FIFA *loc files (*.loc). Where or how can I edit them? Or, what did I do wrong?

Thanks! :good:

You must have done something wrong because LOCLOOK will open up the .LOC files in Mvp baseball. They are in your DATA directory.

EDIT: Any questions with this, let me know in this thread. I will be back later on and I'll try to help. Or maybe before hand someone will jump in and show you.

Oh my god, I'm so stupid! I was trying to open either the mp3 or the asf files with Loclook. I didn't try to open the FEENG.LOC or IGENG.LOC

It opened the .loc files that I was supposed to open <_<

I was going to ask where are the files to edit, but I found 'em. Is just below EAMods' Music for your Ears.

Well, sorry fro bumping this thread for almost nothing.

Thanks for your help Yankee4Life :good:

Quick Question -- you said this would work for MVP 08 (or any conversion mod), but will this work for MVP 2005 itself?

I think I tried it once way back, but couldn't get it to work, but these instructions are dynamite (already know how to use loclook)

Yes it will. It will work for any conversion mod out there and the original 2005 game itself (a copy that I am guessing that you mean have no mods installed yet.) All this is is changing the songs and putting the ones in that you want and in the proper format for the game.

Not a problem. Glad it worked out well for you.

Another question: is there limits? I mean, how many letters on the name of the song, artist and album and, most important, is there a size or length limit to the song itself? 5mb... 5min... Hope you understood. Thanks

Yes it will. It will work for any conversion mod out there and the original 2005 game itself (a copy that I am guessing that you mean have no mods installed yet.) All this is is changing the songs and putting the ones in that you want and in the proper format for the game.

'Thats what I thought, and I'm an idiot, I just realized my songs are not in mp3 format, which is why the ditty importer never worked (they are windows media player audio).

Another question: is there limits? I mean, how many letters on the name of the song, artist and album and, most important, is there a size or length limit to the song itself? 5mb... 5min... Hope you understood. Thanks

I understand what you mean.

The song can be any song you wish to put in it. It's your choice. It also can be as long or short as you want. For example I have a six minute song in there and another one is only a couple of minutes.

For the length of the song when you put it into LOCLOOK, take a look at the first post in this thread. I have a few songs that run a little over the allotted space and you can see how it looks as a finished product. But the bottom line is it still works.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I have an 08 mod with some of my favorite rock songs, and an all time mod (still unfinished, because I am lazy ;) ) with a bunch of classic baseball songs. Some of the titles run over on the space provided, but that isn't really an issue.

I've figured out a way to do the import/conversion for XBOX. I will be writing a short how-to and posting it shortly.

-kevin

• 2 weeks later...

i tried folloing your directions to change songs in mvp 05...i tried doing it on my un-modded version of my game and thought i got it right the first time but i had some trouble. i made sure all original files were mp3's and used ditty to convert them. now this is where i wasn't exactly sure what to do next...do we put the newly converted songs onto the data-audio-music-cd where the game is already installed? or do you put it on what would be the mvp cd 2 thats used to actually run the game? to clear up what i mean...to play the game you must either insert mvpcd2 or mount the game without a disk and run the game like that (which would also be considered cd2) or do you put the songs onto your programfiles-easports-mvpbaseball2005 directory on your computer? anyway, i tried both ways, and made some progress, when i opened up my game only modded with custom songs the game ran but a "wrong or no cd" message. i also tried putting the songs into the cd2 file and burning the image to try playing the game like that. by the way incase it makes a difference, i normally mount cd2 to play the game. if you could help me please tell me how to do it

Once you convert your mp3 files to asf format, rename them to menu1.asf, menu2.asf, menu3.asf, etc. (up to menu9.asf). Once you have renamed them, copy them to your EA SPORTS\MVP Baseball 2005\data\audio\cd\music folder. If you want the names of the new songs to show up in the game, you must edit the EA SPORTS\MVP Baseball 2005\data\FEENG.LOC file with the LOCLook utility.

• 4 months later...

Maybe someone can help me out. I did everything that I was supposed to do. I converted the files, changed their names, and put them in the right folder. Instead of the songs playing I'm getting the ORIGINAL songs that came with the game.

What do I need to do?

Thanx.

Maybe someone can help me out. I did everything that I was supposed to do. I converted the files, changed their names, and put them in the right folder. Instead of the songs playing I'm getting the ORIGINAL songs that came with the game.

What do I need to do?

Thanx.

I don't know what to tell you except that somehow you did something wrong.

Let's go through this step by step.

1. You have the song you want to put in the game in .Mp3 format?

2. You downloaded the ditty importer? (See the first post in this thread to get it.)

3. You convert the .Mp3 song to a .ASF song in the ditty importer.

4. You then RENAME this file to MENU1.ASF if you want to replace the first song in the playlist. You can do this up to nine songs.

5. Put the new file that you just converted into the directory DATA\AUDIO\CD\MUSIC. OVERWRITE the current file in that directory.

6. When you get into the game you will have you new song in the game. Keep in mind that the name of the original song will still be listed in the game because you still have to go into LOCLOOK to change the name of the song to have the new song name displayed in the game.

I don't know what to tell you except that somehow you did something wrong.

Let's go through this step by step.

1. You have the song you want to put in the game in .Mp3 format?

2. You downloaded the ditty importer? (See the first post in this thread to get it.)

3. You convert the .Mp3 song to a .ASF song in the ditty importer.

4. You then RENAME this file to MENU1.ASF if you want to replace the first song in the playlist. You can do this up to nine songs.

5. Put the new file that you just converted into the directory DATA\AUDIO\CD\MUSIC. OVERWRITE the current file in that directory.

6. When you get into the game you will have you new song in the game. Keep in mind that the name of the original song will still be listed in the game because you still have to go into LOCLOOK to change the name of the song to have the new song name displayed in the game.

Do I have to "overrite" them? I took the old songs out and just put the new ones in. I didn't overrite them. It would be odd if that made a difference. I did all of those things exactly though.

Nope, you have to overwrite them. Trust me, it makes a big difference.

Imagine you have a piece of paper on your desk with "ABC" written on it. You scrunch it up and throw it in the bin. Would it be odd that it's no longer on your desk?

Nope, you have to overwrite them. Trust me, it makes a big difference.

Imagine you have a piece of paper on your desk with "ABC" written on it. You scrunch it up and throw it in the bin. Would it be odd that it's no longer on your desk?

:( That blows because I put them in the recycle bin and my bin automatically deletes. In all the excitement I didn't think of keeping them. Do any of you happen to know of a way that I can get them back?