Can A 2012 Total Mod Be Done?

Gordo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kraw's already on board. Photos are going to be ready pretty quickly so we will have portraits done relatively quickly too, but we can't do that unless someone starts updating the id list. A lot of things are depending on someone staying up to date on it.

Got a lot of work done on this tonight. Ar_key's rosters aren't set up for cyberface packs, so those will need to be adjusted and new faces will have to be selected for inclusion.

Question - is anybody aware of a online spreadsheet-collaboration application that will display duplicate values with conditional formatting? I've got Excel set-up to show ID numbers in a red cell whenever there is a conflict with duplicate numbers so that I can quickly just replace it with a random number. This way, everyone could work on it and it would be clear when there are errors. No single person would be responsible for it so that it never falls too far behind and changes could be reviewed or reverted if necessary (like a Wiki). Is there an option out there like this?

Got a lot of work done on this tonight. Ar_key's rosters aren't set up for cyberface packs, so those will need to be adjusted and new faces will have to be selected for inclusion.

Question - is anybody aware of a online spreadsheet-collaboration application that will display duplicate values with conditional formatting? I've got Excel set-up to show ID numbers in a red cell whenever there is a conflict with duplicate numbers so that I can quickly just replace it with a random number. This way, everyone could work on it and it would be clear when there are errors. No single person would be responsible for it so that it never falls too far behind and changes could be reviewed or reverted if necessary (like a Wiki). Is there an option out there like this?

On MLBmods, there was a public document on Google Docs that everyone could access and update.

I have never actually done any modding that was used here before, but would be willing to help. I have a good bit of free time on my job during the graveyard shift, and not usually much real work to do. I also do not always have access to the internet (when working alone I don't, but twice a week my co-worker is here w/mobile hot spot) except on my iphone (no tethering, unlimited data plan), so something I could either do most of w/o internet access, or that I could download during the day to my laptop and then work on at night. I'm pretty tech savvy (A+ certified) but would need some instruction and/or guidance from someone. My thought was maybe the logos you still need or the LOCs; the stadium frontend may be over my head. One other thought was did you need someone to update all the last year and career stats for all players? I noticed in some rosters of the past that no one updated the stats, they were still from many years ago. Please let me know ASAP!

PS - I do want to be one of the few to say that you guys all do an awesome job, and other than playing Words w/Friends, Angry Birds, and Chess on my iPhone, MVP Baseball 2005 is the only real game I still play on my laptop (at work sometimes so I don't fall asleep) and occasionally Zork (still haven't solved it). That brings me a good question, could this be made into an iPhone or iPad app?

Kraw's already on board. Photos are going to be ready pretty quickly so we will have portraits done relatively quickly too, but we can't do that unless someone starts updating the id list. A lot of things are depending on someone staying up to date on it.

I intend to have this done before the weekend.

Oops 1 more question, How hard would it be to have the home team's actual broadcast crew do the play-by-play of each game?

It would be impossible. You would have to create 30 distinct sets of player name audios, stadium name audios, team name audios, play by play audios, etc.

New list is out. Thanks!

Thanks guys for doing this. I've been playing MLB 2k on my PC the last couple of years and haven't played MVP since I got rid of my Xbox a few years back. While I really like 2k's pitching mechanic, the fielding is awful, while MVP's was the best. When I saw that a 2012 mod was going to be available for MVP, I was able to track down a copy of MVP 05 from my library (hopefully I can keep renewing it - doubt there will be much demand for it), so I'll be playing the MVP 12 mod this year (when my newborn son's schedule allows it). I'm really excited to see what you guys can produce.

Edited by boomhauertjs

Thanks guys for doing this. I've been playing MLB 2k on my PC the last couple of years and haven't played MVP since I got rid of my Xbox a few years back. While I really like 2k's pitching mechanic, the fielding is awful, while MVP's was the best. When I saw that a 2012 mod was going to be available for MVP, I was able to track down a copy of MVP 05 from my library (hopefully I can keep renewing it - doubt there will be much demand for it), so I'll be playing the MVP 12 mod this year (when my newborn son's schedule allows it). I'm really excited to see what you guys can produce.

While I am glad you have access to Mvp 05, I just want to wish you nothing but the best when your new baby arrives. Best of luck!

I happened to check in today and read a message from Kyle asking permission to use some of my old audio. Wow, I didn't know you guys were working on an MVP 12. I haven't played MVP since MVP 08. Oh, someone asked about Pirate. I saw one of his posts on operation sports, so I guess he hangs around there now.

Anyway, as I told Kyle, as long as credit is given, yes.

Why don't you guys just use Grmrpr's rosters instead of mine. He already seemed to incorporate a lot of my re-ratings from last year.

I was actually leaning towards ar_key's as his minor leagues appear a little more accurate and I have also spent the last week adjusting ID's with it to make it line up with the new Player ID list.

I was actually leaning towards ar_key's as his minor leagues appear a little more accurate and I have also spent the last week adjusting ID's with it to make it line up with the new Player ID list.

Then there's no need for me to put out a duplicate set. What would be the advantage of having 2 roster sets out?

Here is an update on the progress.

AUDIO

Speech - Jaycee20

Menu – Kyleb (COMPLETED)

Walk-up – Kyleb (COMPLETED)

I'm trying to trackdown Milkman Ant for permission to use his Marlins team audio. Minor league team audio will need rearranged to reflect changes in organizations. A few new team audios will need created. Please forward all requests to Jaycee20.

FACES

Homer/Jogar84/Jedinstvo/Veesmack

Homer is compiling the 2012 facepack. Please look for changes in the player ID thread.

FRONTEND

Backgrounds/Loading Screens - RJSim (COMPLETED)

Logos (MLB) - ???

Logos (MiLB) - bctrackboi11

Movies - bctrackboi11

Stadium - Yankee4Life

Uniform - nani1379/kyleb/bctrackboi11

RJSim's screens are done. I've reorganized most of the minor league logos but some new ones will need created including Pensacola Blue Wahoos and Tuscon Padres. Y4L will be compiling stadium frontend after Opening Day. We have nani's uniform frontend, I've updated it to reflect changes in minor league organizations, bctrackboi11 will be making some updates as well.

MISC

Schedule - DylanBradbury (COMPLETED)

LOCs - Kyleb (COMPLETED)

Overlay - Dennisjames71 (COMPLETED)

PORTRAITS

Player Portraits - Homer/Kraw

Homer and Kraw are preparing the 2012 Total Portraits package.

ROSTERS

Daflyboys (40 man with cyberfaces)

ar_key (A-MLB, no cyberfaces)

Both of these rosters have been offered. I will be updating ar_key's roster to include cyberfaces.

STADIUMS

(MLB) Dennisjames71

(MiLB) Dennisjames71/bctrackboi

DennisJames has been pounding out stadium updates like a boss. They look great! Doesn't look like NYY, MIN, or MIA stadiums will get updates, however.

UNIFORMS

(MLB) - nani1379/bctrackboi11

(MiLB) - bctrackboi11

I'm currently waiting for nani to contribute his uniforms to the Dropbox. Can't wait to see the Latino 2012 mod. Bctrackboi will be updating certain major league uniforms and minor league uniforms. Bctrackboi and Yankee4Life have compiled some classic uniforms to include. Please weigh-in on which one you would like to see included in the thread Y4L posted.

Once the portraits and facepacks are ready, we will move to the testing phase. Everybody on the Dropbox list will have access to a working copy of the mod in order to review it for inaccuracies, pieces that need updates, and crashes.

Let me know if I've gotten anything mixed up.

Thanks!

Kyle

Also, I have the dates for the home openers of each team. As you can see the last opening day in baseball will be on April 13th for eight teams. If all goes right I should have these photos ready for you on April 14. I am hoping that the photos you are looking for will be posted because if they are I will get them.

Opening Day 2012

April 4

MARLINS

April 5

TIGERS, METS, PIRATES, CUBS, INDIANS, REDS, PADRES

April 6

RANGERS, ORIOLES, RAYS, BREWERS, ASTROS, DIAMONDBACKS, ANGELS, ATHLETICS

April 9

PHILLIES, TWINS, ROCKIES, BLUE JAYS

April 10

DODGERS

April 12

NATIONALS

April 13

YANKEES, RED SOX, WHITE SOX, CARDINALS, ROYALS, GIANTS, BRAVES, MARINERS

So will this be a complete install mod or a multi-piecing together when all is said and done? My suggestion/question is that if it is the latter, could there be a separate DL area, at least temporarily (several months) just for '12 UL's?