Ultimate Roster Project (PC,Xbox,PS2)

llcmac

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scott williamson not on red sox/signed with cubs

also on sox, jason mattes...who is that?

ellis burks retired, no? same for robb nen

I'm pretty sure that Jason Mattes is just an EA made up character who got moved to the majors. Easily fixed, just call up someone "real"...

If Burks hadn't retired, he's probably as good as retired...

Also, I decided to dive into the roster set a little more and here's what I've found....

Scott Service is no longer on the DBacks, he is a free agent.

Mark DeRosa is no longer on the Braves, he is with Texas.

Pedro Feliciano is no longer on the Mets, he was sold to Japan.

Franklyn Gracesqui is not on the Marlins AAA (Alberquerque), he is a free agent.

Kevin Jarvis is not on the Pirates AAA (Indianapolis), he's with the Cardinals.

Rocky Biddle is not on Nationals AAA (New Orleans), he was released.

David Segui is not on Orioles AAA (Ottawa), he is a free agent.

Eric Karros is not on A's AAA (Sacramento), he is a free agent.

Durham (Devil Rays AAA) errors: Rey Sanchez and Damian Rolls are both on Yankees; Jeremi Gonzalez is on Boston; Marty Cordova retired.

Iowa Cubs errors: Tom Goodwin is on Devil Rays; Ben Grieve is on Pirates; Rey Ordonez is a free agent.

Las Vegas (Dodgers AAA) errors: Hideo Nomo is on Devil Rays; Lou Merloni is on Anaheim; Scott Stewart is on Mets; Brian Falkenborg is on Padres. ALSO, Akira Kowasaki is a real prospect named Norihiro Nakamura.

Louisville (Reds AAA) errors: Mike Matthews should be on Mets; Darren Bragg should be on Indians.

Memphis (Cardinals AAA) errors: Ray Lankford is a free agent; Danny Patterson is on Padres; Abraham Nunez is on Royals.

Oklahoma (Rangers AAA) errors: Rusty Greer retired; Andy Fox is a free agent.

Portland (Padres AAA) errors: Donovan Osborne is on DBacks; Eddie Oropesa and Dave Hansen are both on Cubs; Jeff Cirillo is on Brewers; Antonio Osuna is on Nationals.

Scranton/WB (Phillies AAA) errors: Doug Glanville is on Yankees; Brian Powell is on Nationals(?).

Tucson (DBacks AAA) errors: Shane Reynolds and Mike Fetters are both free agents.

There ya have it...I'm almost positive on all of these except for Brian Powell...

While I'm at it, here is a list of CAPs that would probably be fairly important to make: Mark Ellis (A's), Tadahito Iguchi (White Sox), Yuniesky Betancourt (Mariners). I'm sure there will be quite a few more, but its a start.

Regarding Betancourt, from InsideThePark.com:

The Seattle Mariners announced the signing of Yuniesky Betancourt on Wednesday, a 22-year-old Cuban defector who figures to start 2005 at Double-A San Antonio.

"Yuniesky is an athletic, offensive shortstop," Seattle general manager Bill Bavasi said. "We view him as the equivalent of a first or second-round draft pick."

Betancourt hit .288 with 43 runs scored, four homers and 45 RBI for Villa Clara in 2002, then batted .317 in 2003 with 64 runs, seven homers and 52 RBI in 2003 before he left Cuba.

As far as personal data:

DOB: 1/31/82

Height: 5-10

Weight: 190

B/T: R/R

Wears #31 (according to the Mariners website)

Here's a picture of him for appearance purposes:

450mariXX_0596betancourt.jpg

(from the Seattle PI website)

Hope that helps

Just a quickie for future. I noticed these .

Hideo Nomo signed with Devil Rays. You have him AAA on Dodgers.

These guys are in free agent pool.

Roberto Hernandez minor mets.

Ramiro Mendoza minor Yanks

Mark McLemore minor Astros.

Jay Powell minor Braves

Todd Van Poppel minor mets

Tony Clark 1 year D Backs

Will do more if needed.

What I do is usuall go through Google and just put there name in and can find it that way.

Mark McLemore minor Astros.

quote]

Problem--there are TWO Mark McLemores....The veteran who is is MVP is NOT on the Astros...It's in fact a pitcher with the same name who signed with the Astros (and is not in the roster set). I had to do a double take when I saw the transaction for him too.

Going through 3.1, I'm moving players to the right teams within the organization. I moved Powell to the Nationals as well as the Infielder Abraham Nunez to the Cardinals (its the Outfielder Abraham Nunez who is on the Royals)...I also deleted Barry Larkin and Pedro Feliciano. Not sure if I want to get really crazy and update the lineups and rotations just yet.

So Hypno are you just working further on illcmac's? And if you are doing rotations and stuff you could just ask the fans to post what the most likely lineup and rotation will be. I could do the Reds.

Post the reds

Rotation:

Wilson

Milton

Ortiz

Harang

Hudson

Bullpen:

Claussen

Hanc0ck

Mercker

Weber

Weathers

Valentine

Graves

Lineup:

Jimenez

Randa

Griffey

Dunn

Kearns

Casey

Aurilia

LaRue

Bench:

Valentin

Lopez

Freel

Pena

Cruz Jr

Note: I used all players still in the game. Also in the bullpen it will be either Valentin or Wagner. Just choose whoever. Then the last bench spot I just gave to Cruz Jr, even though I don't think he will get it. I think Stratton will get it, but he isn't in game. If you want to make him I can get some info on him. Also, I think they will give Kearns the job over Pena unless Spring Training changes it.

Oh this is totally llcmac's work, I'm just revising and letting him know what I'm doing in case he wants to do the same. As for projected lineups and rotations, its easy for the majors--any 2005 season preview mag will have those listed. I was mentioning more so filling out the minor league rosters and rotations so that there are no errors.

I just finished making sure all majors/AAA teams have 25 players, that all AA teams have 22 players and that all A teams have at least 10 pitchers and 10 fielders (the requirement so as to not cause errors) If you'd like me to send you my revisions, llcmac, lemme know.

JaFFith is right on all three. Good sleuthing, everyone keep it up. I made the changes already, llcmac, so still lemme know if you want my revisions. Also I noticed that not having a full, 22 man A team causes MVPEdit to report an error, so I filled them out accordingly. The Free Agent list is getting very sparse now, though.

Archived