The Blue Jays' New Logo And Uniforms

DylanBradbury

i saw them and like it. im acrutlly trying figurie out how to get them made. the general uniform wont be an issue, what right now will is the numbers, because the new ones have a little more cruve and the srifs on them, so its a bit trickty.

I really like these. Way better then the last ones, even though I thought those were ok.

I really like these uniforms. The last uniforms and logo were trying to appeal to the youth market. Living in Toronto, I know that 99% of the youth preferred the original logo.

I really cannot express how much I love these new uniforms and the new logo.

there close but ther not right, the new numbers are a little differnt. they the same genaerl stripe as i call numbers, but they have a little bit differnt cruing to them and use saif edges, wich a hint of point on them. go check that out. if you look cloesly and word marks you'll also see that, yea its close and proably for now would work, but its wont be right.

the new back numbers http://www.sportslog...gcr1q6ncwdogkau

the oringal http://www.sportslog...fhkmfnj3w6ixt3o

ther not far off but noticable differences here

and look at the pics in the thread you see if look close the sirfs on the numbers, be it a bit hard to see, but there. between that and change in cruves its makes a bit tricky

I'm going to look forward in making these jerseys in the future. I found that the font of the numbers are similar to the current Golden State Warriors as I checked out their team store but not a perfect match. I don't plan on making them until around Spring Training though. And will use the actual numbers from MLB.com's team shop when custom jerseys get sold. I'm okay using the 1992 throwbacks already in MVP for now. And why not? They're winning, eh?!

1992 was my first full year as a baseball fan. I started watching games in 1991. I guess it was my rookie year as a sports fan. Basketball and Football followed, but baseball is my true love. So the 1992 (and 1993) Blue Jays will always be one of my favorite teams of all time.

post-15844-0-29818300-1321683144.jpg

post-15844-0-43120800-1321683299.jpg

i do them, but for the change in the number, because there a little different thean the old ones, the curves are slightly differnt and they use sirfs in them, so its problem for me.

Good eye, mcoll, noticing the serifs and the curves. If there's anyone who can mod the uniforms, it's you!

I'm going to look forward in making these jerseys in the future. I found that the font of the numbers are similar to the current Golden State Warriors as I checked out their team store but not a perfect match. I don't plan on making them until around Spring Training though. And will use the actual numbers from MLB.com's team shop when custom jerseys get sold. I'm okay using the 1992 throwbacks already in MVP for now. And why not? They're winning, eh?!

1992 was my first full year as a baseball fan. I started watching games in 1991. I guess it was my rookie year as a sports fan. Basketball and Football followed, but baseball is my true love. So the 1992 (and 1993) Blue Jays will always be one of my favorite teams of all time.

Good find with the similarity between the new Blue Jays' font and Golden State Warriors font, Veesmack.

I was only three and four when the Blue Jays were winning World Series, so I don't have any real memories of those years. I really think these new uniforms will bring back a culture of winning to the team. You could see the confidence and pride in the players who modelled the uniforms. I also really like how our third-basemen, Brett Lawrie–who hails from British Columbia–talked about the civic pride wearing the Maple Leaf as part of the logo, and not just as a shoulder patch.

On a side note, I really love these uniforms and the new logo. A permanent smile has been on my face since they were released.

:)

Dylan, I hope a pennant goes along with the permanent smile a year from now. Sabermetrics can't put a value on the culture of winning or the pride of fans. I grew up in Southern California and was taught baseball through listening to dodgers announcer, Vin Scully. By default, I became a Dodger fan. I basically missed the 1988 World Series when they last won. So I understand how you feel with not experiencing the 92-93 World Series first hand.

I lived in Oakland A's/SF Giants territory for four years where I didn't really get to follow baseball during that time. This year has been great because I was following baseball without being a diehard dodger fan. I was just a baseball fan like in 1992/93 where it was nice to just enjoy quality baseball. I'll always be a Dodger fan though but it's nice to not be so emotionally invested where I can watch other teams in the playoffs, too.

on a side note, my most favorite experiences in my background acting endeavor (that I'm now walking away from) have been working with Canadian actor Martin Short and actress Vanessa Lengies. In my avatar, I'm in a scene on a show that featured Martin Short as a guest star. He's really nice and fun to work with. On the show itself, we just party with him doing the limbo, champagne, conga. It was fun. On another show, Vanessa Lengies, joked with me regarding the scene I was in with her. Normally, you aren't supposed to talk to the actors but she talked to me first. I was an injured patient on two different days for the same episode on a hospital show. She was like "What happened to you? You've been waiting here for days!". I joked "I don't have insurance....I got to wait longer!". Then I was on the same show a month later where she waved and smiled at me. In my mind, I was like 'I can't believe she remembers me' :) . These were my favourite memories in the past seven months of "acting". It's a coincidence, they're both Canadian.

Dylan, I hope a pennant goes along with the permanent smile a year from now. Sabermetrics can't put a value on the culture of winning or the pride of fans. I grew up in Southern California and was taught baseball through listening to dodgers announcer, Vin Scully. By default, I became a Dodger fan. I basically missed the 1988 World Series when they last won. So I understand how you feel with not experiencing the 92-93 World Series first hand.

I lived in Oakland A's/SF Giants territory for four years where I didn't really get to follow baseball during that time. This year has been great because I was following baseball without being a diehard dodger fan. I was just a baseball fan like in 1992/93 where it was nice to just enjoy quality baseball. I'll always be a Dodger fan though but it's nice to not be so emotionally invested where I can watch other teams in the playoffs, too.

on a side note, my most favorite experiences in my background acting endeavor (that I'm now walking away from) have been working with Canadian actor Martin Short and actress Vanessa Lengies. In my avatar, I'm in a scene on a show that featured Martin Short as a guest star. He's really nice and fun to work with. On the show itself, we just party with him doing the limbo, champagne, conga. It was fun. On another show, Vanessa Lengies, joked with me regarding the scene I was in with her. Normally, you aren't supposed to talk to the actors but she talked to me first. I was an injured patient on two different days for the same episode on a hospital show. She was like "What happened to you? You've been waiting here for days!". I joked "I don't have insurance....I got to wait longer!". Then I was on the same show a month later where she waved and smiled at me. In my mind, I was like 'I can't believe she remembers me' :) . These were my favourite memories in the past seven months of "acting". It's a coincidence, they're both Canadian.

I really think a World Series is attainable for the Blue Jays, it excites me to no end. :)

Thanks for sharing your stories about Martin Short and Vanessa Lengies. Pretty darn cool. :)

they will be done, the uniforms them sleves are a an issue, but it tgoing to take a little time because of the numbers for te back are created yet. it take someone who can make them be right for this to happen. Pena might, but i dont that for sure. if there sint any in a few days i might take a stab, but im limited on how do numbers modified.

right now that the best answer most of can give you.

I like these. I always preferred the unis they wore in the early 90's anyway, and these are pretty tight.

Veesmack, that story about the "acting" career was pretty bad ***. When people you don't expect to spot you, or remember you, actually do, it makes you feel pretty good.

I used to be a fairly regular poster around here, but it's been a LONG time since I was around. Any reason why you are stepping away from the acting?

yeah emath. The best things in life sometimes come when you aren't expecting it. Even with co-workers I've worked with in showbiz are cool when they remember me. One co-worker in particular, is not even 21 and I just turned 30 yesterday. We met while we portrayed middle school students on a Disney show. I talked to her briefly, and she came up to me and suprised me that she remembered me and even was eaves (sic?) dropping on a phone conversation on another show. I've seen her a few more times, and she just keeps suprising me with who she is in a good way. I think she knows our age gap by now though and I'm not really pursuing her.

As for the new Blue Jay unis. I will make a home version in the next few weeks. At MLB.com's teamstore, they already are selling personalized jerseys of the 2012 Orioles and 2012 Marlins. I think they'll have the personalized Padres and Blue Jays 2012's by Christmas. I was trying to do the Marlins jersey but I lost interest in it. But I will finish the home jersey at least because all I have to Redo is the numbers (and some other minor things).

yea the numbers are a tricky. i do the rest fairly easy for me, but throws numbers would only need be done once, if there right. i can kind of see how do them, but i havent seen a couple the numbers real, so im not sure what do with throws, so i cant do it all. im ready to complete the set, but will need to the numbers for them, something that will take time.

So, I noticed earlier this morning about five hours ago they have personalized 2012 Blue Jays jerseys for sale at the MLB team shop. So I grabbed the numbers and made the home jerseys. It is currently in low resolution, without a new hockey mask or manager jacket. I will release the high resolution versions soon. But here you guys go for now. This replaces the Alternate Home (black) jerseys. I wanted to replace the spring training jerseys but they don't allow text. Have fun!

2012BlueJaysBETA.zip

post-15844-0-96654200-1322938159_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Archived