Total Classics Phase 4 F.A.Q Thread

fuzzone

His curveball is listed as 11-5 - Vertical in the MVPEdit rosters, so that explains the breaking weirdly, and when you enter the in-game editor and it finds a problem, is will sort it so that it breaks in the manner that a curveball should break, hence why it worked fine after you had checked it in-game. If you start a new game now, it will break weirdly again, and if you do the same and go into the in-game editor, save it, then start a new game, it will break normally.

I've not played a game of TC4 yet, but I'm hoping to at some point today. Excellent work, as usual, guys. :wtg:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the curveball break for some LH at 11-5 is used. It may depend on the 'view' This was something that was discussed early on and it was/is the only exception in the edit program that has an * next to the listing

Simply, a few LH will have this break. I worked with it quite a bit

and it seems fine when in game. That and many LH do/did not throw

a 12-5 type breaker but have more break than the 'marginal break'

choices that remained. It is also coupled with the 'Movement' column

in the final determination of just how it breaks and 'missing' the bat

for effectiveness (in game) while adjusting the edit program numbers

Played my first game of TC4. Thank you all for this. This winter I know what I will be doing when I am not freezing.

Some minor, and I mean minor questions because I know you guys like to be accurate. I played a quick game between the '77 Yankees and '34 Cardinals. My questions, and again, these are minor.

1. Frankie Frisch on the Cardinals is listed as "Franklin Frisch" and yet his full name is Frank Francis Frisch.

2. Sparky Lyle does not have a screwball listed on his pick of pitches. The screwball was his best pitch and that won him the Cy Young award that year.

3. Dave Kingman is on the Yankee roster for that year? I actually had to stop and look twice at that. One thing I know about is the 1977 Yankees. That's the first championship year that a little Y4L got to see. Kingman that year played for four teams and he didn't get to the Yankees until the middle of September that year and only played in eight games.

If you study old film of Koufax he had a sharp 12-6 curve that Roseboro described as a chair having its legs break underneath it. I edited what you guys had to 12-6 and speed of 74-this more closely emulates the kind of curve he possesed.By the way-great job as always-I love hearing the name Sandy Koufax in the game.He was always my Dad's favorite pitcher.

Hmm, with the '77 NYY Lyle, in the 'Neyer/James guide to P's

Pitches' was not listed as having a slider. Hard to believe they

missed that. (hence not listed in the editor)

Kingman was my preference for the 25th man. Simply, that was

the only way to get him in the mod.

(since he was on the team that year)

Hope you fellas are having and will have fun with it for a long time!

to fix on your own grab an original igonly.big off of the CD and pull out the "sqbl" image

here is how to do it with DOLFFIN Live

gfshmgr igonly.big ingameov.fsh -get sqbl sqbl.dds
now you have a image file sqbl.dds you need to inject it into both igonly.big & coopov.big here is how to do it with DOLFFIN Live

gfshmgr igonly.big ingameov.fsh -put sqbl sqbl.dds

gfshmgr coopov.big ingameov.fsh -put sqbl sqbl.dds

that will also create backups of both files named igonly.bak.big & coopov.bak.big

after that is done

rosegood1tx.png

there are you happy Fuzz? Nothing uploaded

Since it seems people are making corrections (maybe for an update?) I'll add my own that I've noticed in the few games I've played so far:

'98 Padres Trevor Hoffman doesn't have a change-up...it's a forkball or something similar.

Yes, the curveball break for some LH at 11-5 is used. It may depend on the 'view' This was something that was discussed early on and it was/is the only exception in the edit program that has an * next to the listing

Simply, a few LH will have this break. I worked with it quite a bit

and it seems fine when in game. That and many LH do/did not throw

a 12-5 type breaker but have more break than the 'marginal break'

choices that remained. It is also coupled with the 'Movement' column

in the final determination of just how it breaks and 'missing' the bat

for effectiveness (in game) while adjusting the edit program numbers

I have to disagree with your opinion of a LH pitchers breaking pitch. It should never be an 11-5 break. That is for a RH pitcher. Lefties should be 12-6, 1-7, 2-8, 3-9. A true curveball, slider, cutter should never back up.

Can this be fixed. It simply just isnt accurate. I use the low catcher view for pitching/batting. Thanks for all the hard work.

Can this be fixed. It simply just isnt accurate. I use the low catcher view for pitching/batting. Thanks for all the hard work.

It can be fixed, if you are prepared to go into MVPEdit and change the trajectory on each lefthanded pitcher on all 120 teams -- Not a trivial task!! When we were working on TC4, it took a long time to go through each pitcher and modify the pitch trajectories.

Just a question: I'm interested in playing TC4 as a Dynasty, but was wondering if anyone had the ability to swap the teams around. Meaning I'd like to create a Dynasty with the 1918 Red Sox, with the `41 Sox, `67 Sox and `86 Sox as farm teams.

Is that do-able?

Just a question: I'm interested in playing TC4 as a Dynasty, but was wondering if anyone had the ability to swap the teams around. Meaning I'd like to create a Dynasty with the 1918 Red Sox, with the `41 Sox, `67 Sox and `86 Sox as farm teams.

Is that do-able?

There's a whole thread about attempting to do this here: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...ewtopic&t=15297

Well, finally I figured out how to alter the play by play team name announcements correctly

so Montreal expos fans will no longer have to hear the team name announced as "Montgomery biscuits" or "Brevard Conty Manatees"

I'm working on altering the pbp audio for NY Giants, KC/Philly Athletics in the future too

Using EA Graphics Editor

Add the attached 83.hdr and 111.hdr to your data/audio/spch_pbp/tnamehdr.big in the total classics folder

and add 83.dat and 111.dat to data/audio/cd/spch_pbp/tnamedat.big in the total classics folder

Now the pbp announcers should say "Montreal Expos" in game

Sorry if this has been already discussed, but is it possible to have two seperate installs of MVP? I really don't want to convert what I already have, but I'd love to install fresh onto my second hard drive just to play old time baseball with this mod.

I thought I'd ask before I blew something up. Thanks in advance.

Regards;

Well, finally I figured out how to alter the play by play team name announcements correctly

so Montreal expos fans will no longer have to hear the team name announced as "Montgomery biscuits" or "Brevard Conty Manatees"

I'm working on altering the pbp audio for NY Giants, KC/Philly Athletics in the future too

Using EA Graphics Editor

Add the attached 83.hdr and 111.hdr to your data/audio/spch_pbp/tnamehdr.big in the total classics folder

and add 83.dat and 111.dat to data/audio/cd/spch_pbp/tnamedat.big in the total classics folder

Now the pbp announcers should say "Montreal Expos" in game

so what was the trick?

OK there is 17 audio files in the 83.dat?

3 for the wranglers and 14 for the expos

question is how did you do it?

Ok, Here goes....

Using team 15 - Diamondbacks as an example

from dataaudiospch_pbpspch_pbp.txt file

tmn_pbpacbb:15

tmn.15.e.fn.1 0

tmn.15.e.for_c.1 9472

tmn.15.e.tn.1 14848

tmn.15.m.c.1 20736

tmn.15.m.fn.1 25344

tmn.15.m.lb.1 34048

tmn.15.m.tb.1 41216

tmn.15.m.tn.1 48128

tmn.15.s.3rdo.1 54528

tmn.15.s.iloff.1 64256

tmn.15.s.ld.1 74752

tmn.15.s.nbat.1 83968

tmn.15.s.nup.1 94208

tmn.15.s.tn.1 103424

tmn.15.s.tnx.1 108800

tmn.15.s.tr.1 114432

this is what is in the 15.hdr file (inside tnamehdr.big) it describes the layout of 15.dat (inside tnamedat.big)

so t here's 16 "pieces" of team name announcement in this file

The 'e' 'm' or 's' refer to different level of emphasis or situations by the announcer I think

and the abbreviations refer to content of the announcement

'nup' = "next up for the Diamonbacks"

'lioff' = "leading off for Arizona"

'c' = "Arizona"

'fn' = "The Arizona Diamondbacks"

etc etc

the numbers to the right refer to the audio's position in the dat file

so looking at the 15.hdr file for Arizona

15hdr.jpg

what i've figured out is

9A 4A = nothing

0F 00 = team id - 15 in hex (OF) - like for player audio

02 10 = "10" refers to the number of announcements - 16 is '10' in hex

00 00 = nothing

DF 01 = I think refers to the size of the dat file - haven't tested this yet

00 00 = nothing

00 00 = position of first announcement within dat - '0'

00 01 = type of announcement = "e.fn"

00 25 = position of 2nd pbp - '9472' / 256 = 37 = 25 in hex

00 00 = type of announcement = "e.for_c"

00 3A = position of 3rd pbp - '13848' / 256 = 28 = 3A in hex

00 03 = type of announcement = "e.tn"

and so on

when position number gets over ~65280 restart from '00' in the 2nd value use '01' instead of '00' in the first value

e.g..

01 8D = position of 16th pbp 114432

02 0B = type of announcement "s.tr"

havent touched any values in the hdr file after this..

these are the codes for different announcement type I have found so far

the first value is the context

00 = 'e' 01 = 'm' 02 = 's'

the second is the type

00 01 = e.fn - full name (e)

00 00 = e.for_c - for city_name (e)

00 03 = e.tn team name (e)

01 0D = m.c. city name (m)

01 01 = m.fn full name (m)

01 03 = m.tn team name (m)

01 07 = m.lb team leads (m)

01 08 = m.tb team trails (m)

02 02 = s.lioff leading off (s)

02 03 = s.tn team name (s)

02 04 = s.nbat now batting (s)

02 05 = s.nup next up (s)

02 09 = s.3rdo That'll do it (s)

02 0a = s.ld

02 of = s.tnx team name emphasised (s)

02 0b = s.tr

the number and variety of audio contained within these team audio files can vary an can be changed

ok so that's the hdr file the dat can be manipulated with the extractor program uploaded by kraw

however you have to make sure the position of the sound files within the dat is a multiple of 256

so I have been using a copy of a larger existing dat file to create new team audios like the Expos - that way the audio positions and sizes can easily be changed without messing things up (which extractor seems to do a lot)

It doesn't matter if you leave more files in the dat than there should be as the game will only recognise the number of audios listed in the .dat

Anyway, I think there's lots of possibilities opened up by this...

including altering the actual play by play and chantes etc

anyway hope some of this makes sense

Archived