Total Classics Phase 4 F.A.Q Thread

fuzzone

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1906 Chicago Cubs have two players named Pos Player

Kraw,

My guess would be whoever did the 1906 Cubs roster saw that they never had 25 men make up their roster...maybe they had a total of 23 all year for them, and left the last 2 as sort of generic names.

I ran into this problem with the 1909 Giants (I think) and left 20 men on the squad. Maybe the names for those 2 players could be made to John Snith and Bill Jones using MVPEDIT.

By the way, did you get the PM I sent you yesterday? PM me...

C

I'm alittle dismayed at a few things here:

I've been on the PC now for a week or so, and I really enjoy TC. However, there are a few things that disappoint. For one, little details are ignored. The 1954 Giants(I believe) didn't have names on the backs of their uniforms (something that can be corrected with a transparency). I think there are a couple teams like that. Also, it would be nice if the names of the stadiums on the select screen were the actual names of the stadiums. It took me 10 minutes trying to figure out what Memorial Stadium was.

I mean, TC is top notch as far as any baseball game I've played....but little stuff like that I would have thought someone would have caught by the 4th release.

I'm alittle dismayed at a few things here:

I've been on the PC now for a week or so, and I really enjoy TC. However, there are a few things that disappoint. For one, little details are ignored. The 1954 Giants(I believe) didn't have names on the backs of their uniforms (something that can be corrected with a transparency). I think there are a couple teams like that. Also, it would be nice if the names of the stadiums on the select screen were the actual names of the stadiums. It took me 10 minutes trying to figure out what Memorial Stadium was.

I mean, TC is top notch as far as any baseball game I've played....but little stuff like that I would have thought someone would have caught by the 4th release.

We DID catch these things. We just couldn't do anything about them.

We tried changing the names for the stadium select screens back in TC3, but could not figure out how to do it.

As for the uniforms, it's not as simple as you make it out to be. Not all of the minor league teams have uniforms that can have names on them. For example, in TC3, we had the '76 Tigers in a major league spot and the '84 Tigers in a minor league spot. Even though both used the exact same uniforms, the names would ONLY show up on the '76 Tigers. In TC4, We swapped the '84 Tigers and the '76 Tigers and now the the '84 Tigers have names but the '76 Tigers do not.

If you want to send us updated '54 Giants (or any other team) uniforms, test them out on your PC and once you get them working, send them to us and we'll put them into TC5.

So just because you don't see these little details in TC, doesn't mean that we overlooked them or didn't try to get them in. We did the best we could with TC, but like everything else, nothing is perfect and not everyone will be completely satisfied.

Considering that we're doing this part time and for fun, I think that the quality and attention to detail that we were able to deliver was pretty darn good.

I'll get off my soapbox now.....

You want me to fix the Giants uniforms for you? I did it for the XBOX. All you have to do is black out the tranparency for the letters. I just uploaded a new version with no names. Any uniform that has the names on the back and shouldn't can be fixed without incident. If someone could compile that list, we can get those taken care of.

How is it you could change it to say 'Total Classics Stadium 3' but not 'Classic Yankee Stadium'?

Hey, I'm not trying to say what you guys did wasn't amazing, but at the same time I don't buy the two explanations you just gave. I fixed question 1, and I have a feeling if I messed around with the .loc file or wherever the text is located (it's been awhile since my xbox conversion), I'd be able to find the Total Classics Stadium tags.

• 2 months later...

The same thing is true for the Crawfords! They have several

pitchers named with a letter followed by "pitcher". I understand

the need for these added pitchers but in this case there is one

pitcher added that throws nothing but knuckleballs that the catcher

can not catch!! I scored 6 runs in one inning by just getting a player

on 1st and then running on every pitch. Believe me, getting that

first runner on was difficult because it is damn near impossible to

hit this guys knuckleball in order to get on. Once I did it was just

a matter of waiting until the manager got tired of wild pitch runs

and subbed the guy. :lol:

Archived