catcher throws ball back to pitcher

bbygott

Is it possible to have the catcher throw the ball back to the pitcher after each pitch, rather than have the ball magically appear in the pitcher's hand? Is there a mod for this? Is this possible? Thanks!

No it's not. It's hardcoded into the game to behave like this.

I understand it's not possible but i can see why he and others would ask for it. I don't want the game to go as quick is possible, i'd want it to be as close to a real game as possible. A lot of those little features really add to realism of the game.

I understand it's not possible but i can see why he and others would ask for it. I don't want the game to go as quick is possible, i'd want it to be as close to a real game as possible. A lot of those little features really add to realism of the game.

Is it really THAT big of a deal though? I'd rather have the catcher have the ability to do the snap throw's to a base. (which I know isn't possible).

No, this isn't possible. I know other games have done this. I can think of the old Hardball series by Accolade that had this. This is something that the other guys in this thread have already stated, it can't be modded. It's like the 40 man roster for September. Nothing can be done about that either.

Is it really THAT big of a deal though? I'd rather have the catcher have the ability to do the snap throw's to a base. (which I know isn't possible).

Snap throw to 1B or 3B is possible; but its limited only when you pitch-out. Which really doesn't serve its purpose.

Thanks for clarifying guys! I guess I asked because I use a pitching broadcast view and espn overay (Trues)... so everything else looks so dang realistic. I am awestruck by the amount of work many of you have put into this game!

• 4 years later...

Hello. Sorry for bumping this old thread, but i think i found something..

There's a line in datafile.txt where we can assign catcher's.'throw back' animation as the 'normal catch' animation. There's still a major problem though, making the ball fly back to the pitcher (i'm sure it won't be as easy as the previous trick).

Hello. Sorry for bumping this old thread, but i think i found something..

There's a line in datafile.txt where we can assign catcher's.'throw back' animation as the 'normal catch' animation. There's still a major problem though, making the ball fly back to the pitcher (i'm sure it won't be as easy as the previous trick).

That's quite the accomplishment, good find.

That's quite the accomplishment, good find.

Indeed. As someone mentioned above, I prefer the ball being thrown back to the pitcher as well, but also enjoy having the ability to hit a button if I want to skip it. The Show has this feature along with many other small details that really make a difference if you like a good, realistic pace of baseball.

Wow that is interesting. Even if it gets figured out, the pitcher will turn his back to the catcher's throw.

Unless that can be edited also ;)

Not sure about that. If you watch the video more closely, the pitcher flinches when the C throws the ball into the dirt as if to pursue it.

Archived