Mlb Pc 09 - Controller Issues

abhall

I only have the demo(should get the full game tomorrow). and after several attemt i got batting and pitching to work with saitek p880. But in the controller option i can only change batting, the other ones am i unable to change.

Does other have the same problem with that?

I also have the P880. I have the same problem... but I haven't gotten batting or pitching to work. How did you get that far?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so proud.

I did some mapping with the P880 and got it so I can play....Not well (if you call losing 15 to 1 as not well) but at least I can play.

Must admit I hit in the "Classic" mode but I pitch (poorly) in the standard mode....and I can't seem to get the correct fielder to go after the ball....But other than that, I'm really not bad. :)

There are many screens I can't seem to open but I'll keep trying.

Meanwhile, does anyone know what triggers to use (using the P880) to try a pick off?

Haveta say it may not be what we are used to with a modded MVP but for $20, MLB2K9 is not too shabby.

I can't seem to get the b5 button for the different pitches to work...Pitcher throws alot of changeups....lol. Should be able to pick what pitch you want to throw. Anyone else get this figured out?

I'm sure there is an easier way but so far (using the P880) I shake off the catcher (button 3) until I get the pitch I want to throw.

Wow! Now I know what it is like to be mentally retarded.

Trying to set this thing up with a Saitek P880 is just dumb.

You can aim a pitch up-and-in and the ball goes waaay outside.

You can aim a pitch outside and it hits the batter.

You can throw to 2nd and it goes to the catcher.

You can throw to the catcher and the throw goes to 2nd.

Even if you repeat the same moves the ball goes all over the place.

When the ball is hit the fielder will break towards the ball. As soon

as you try to move the player in the direction of the ball, the player

will freeze for a second and let the ball drop in play.

Trying to configure a controller for this game is a nightmare.

The screen to select a controller for a player is beyond stupid.

You can choose between two teams (one home and one away).

You have two controllers to select for each team and each player.

You are asked to create a profile but you can only use "Player One?"

You are using "controller 2" but matching them up is tedious at best.

It is possible to select the same two controllers for the team you don't

want to play. You will get a "too many controllers" error.

If you use the mouse you will lose the controller. You have to PAUSE

and then use the RESUME button on the controller to regain control.

Gone are the days when a game was written for the PC and ported to

a console. No wonder they only charged $20 for the PC CD.....

I'm sure there is an easier way but so far (using the P880) I shake off the catcher (button 3) until I get the pitch I want to throw.

Awww...finally figured out you have to move the analog button in the direction the pitch says. Fastball is analog down then up....slider is right to left and so on and so forth. That makes a huge difference. The change-up is analog up then down...no wonder every pitch was a change up...lmao. Hope this helps everyone that didn't figure this out yet.

Awww...finally figured out you have to move the analog button in the direction the pitch says. Fastball is analog down then up....slider is right to left and so on and so forth. That makes a huge difference. The change-up is analog up then down...no wonder every pitch was a change up...lmao. Hope this helps everyone that didn't figure this out yet.

How does that work with the yellow circle? Once you have the yellow circle filled up to the green line, when do you move the analog button?

I imagine this depends on which controller one uses???

How does that work with the yellow circle? Once you have the yellow circle filled up to the green line, when do you move the analog button?

I imagine this depends on which controller one uses???

It's a two step process, an each pitch type shows you two motions (1 & 2). It will vary by pitch type. Move the right stick in the 1st direction and the yellow circle starts filling up. Once it's filled up, move the right stick in the 2nd direction.

What green line?

No wonder I was getting killed. I was throwing the same pitch every time. I was just going down and up just like batting.

I also found that it's helpful to aim the pitch where the catcher is calling for it. It took me a while to notice that he was doing this.

Thanks for the responses to my post. The Control Panel in the game for the controller/keyboard functions responds differently each time I load the game.

I won't go into all the frustrating details, I've wasted hours trying to set this up. Seems like the game/controller interface is seriously messed up. Last night I was able to set all the commands a second time (the game does recognize my Logitech Wingman Rumblepad). I finally got to play in Practice Mode and hit some balls. But then I went to the Home Run Derby and it wouldn't respond to my attempts to hit the same way!

I'm going to uninstall/reinstall the game and see what happens. Barring that helping and any further advice from you guys, it's looking like I bought a new video card for nothing and am now the proud owner of a drink coaster!

Such a shame! Watching CPU vs. CPU play, this game looks like it has a lot of potential...

I can't image how tough it has to be for PC MVP players to imagine the new controls when they never ever got in touch with them :)

I wish I could but played some 2K MLB titles last 2 years so I can only guess how it it is , must be funny somehow :rolleyes: just kidding guys :)

Green Line ? what green line ? smoked one ? :D

Last year you had to fill the yellow circle and then go back and hit the shrinking yellow circle again and release , that was tough but good at some point !

I actually didn't have an issue with getting the controller to work, but it seems very delayed. It's sort of like if you play the 360 version online but it's actually a little worse. Could it have anything to do with my g-card? The game its self runs pretty smooth overall but when it zooms out to the crowd it's a little jumpy (doesnt really bother me though). I'm using the 360 wireless controller, and the specs on my pc are: Vista Home Premium 32bit, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4gz, 3gb ddr2 pc5300, ati radeon hd2600 pro 512mb i believe ddr2 (pci express). Any thoughts?

OK! After spending a few frustrating hours with the game I am getting used to it.

Yes! There are lots of mouse/controller issues. They haven't gone away.

Selecting profiles, controllers and teams for a game is pretty bad.

I have several Saitek P880s that I have used with MVP 2005 for years so I'll stick with it.

If you can get to the "Control Setup" menu, use the "[" and "]" keys to select between the mapping

options for Batting, Pitching, and Fielding. Use the "," and "." keys to select the controller or the keyboard.

(This is what caused me such frustration!!!)

If the D-Pad on your controller does not respond, try "A-S-D-F" or the arrow keys to get you there.

For BATTING

Map the "Aim Hit" keys to your Left Analog stick (up-down-left-right)

Map your "Set The Batter" to Analog stick Right DOWN (Axis Z Positive)

Map your "Swing" to Analog stick Right UP (Axis Z Negative)

For PITCHING

Map your "Aim Pitch" to your Left Analog stick (up-down-left-right)

Map your "Pitch" to your Right Analog stick (up-down-left-right)

This should get you going and you can map the rest of the functions however you like...

Controller and profile question:

i hope i can explain this in my bad english :)

first of all controller is set in the same way as nba 2k9 so i had no problems setting it up, even though it sucks that keys are binded together for pitching, batting, fielding and baserunning and can't be set diferrently. but the biggest problem is the one i'm having with the nba 2k9 too - i don't know how to connect controller with the profile. that basicly means that when i enter the game keyboard is the default controller, and not gamepad. that means i can't use gamepad from the start, and that also means i can't play home run derby couse it tells me there's no profile linked with the gamepad. does anybody know how to fix this (in nba i couldn't play slam dunk competition). cheers!

Just to give you guys the heads up in case you didn't already realize this. When scrolling through the menu options you can use mouse and when arrows are present. For example, when wanting to switch teams I use the mouse instead of keyboard.

Hey guys I need some help here. I am using a Saitek p990, everything is working pretty good so far but I can't aim pitches properly. When I aim to top it goes to very top, right to far right, etc... In other games I have no problem and I can moves fielders and bat as well. I believe ShOrebird you have this issue, any suggestions?

Hey guys I need some help here. I am using a Saitek p990, everything is working pretty good so far but I can't aim pitches properly. When I aim to top it goes to very top, right to far right, etc... In other games I have no problem and I can moves fielders and bat as well. I believe ShOrebird you have this issue, any suggestions?

It's one of the Controller's I use as well. Extremely versatile, with many possibilities. I would map the RS for aiming, and assign any other button for pitching. Many posts here about different mappings. My RS is for aiming, and the #1 button is for Pitching. I happen to be Right handed as well. You can map the LS for aiming, but it's going to change other controls. I read somewhere about sticks "zoning" out, for whatever reason this may be the case. It's a good Controller, so much that I'm sitting on a new 360 wired, and looking at the ease of it's mapping I should open it and use it, but I'm good with ole "trusty" my P990. At some point I'll use the new one. It's like the P990 is my "beater" and the 360w is my "#1"......guitar terminology. Make no mistake about it, it's VERY capable.

good luck...

Archived