dennisjames71

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: 2012 Marlins Park (CAS) ver 2

File Submitter: dennisjames71

File Submitted: 23 Dec 2011

File Updated: 30 Apr 2012

File Category: Stadiums

Version: 2.0

Here is a (version 2) 2012 Version of my Marlins Field I made as a Create-A-Stadium back in 2010.

*Correct Wall Color

*Added image of home run sculture on pillars next to scoreboard

*Replaced Marlins statue with the updated primary logo

* New Marlins Crowd

* New Home Run Sign

* New ads that reflect the new Marlins logos.

This is a CREATE-A-STADIUM, so you should simply copy the venuday & venunite files (DO NOT RENAME) into your data/stadium folder.

Also you will need to use the included the "MARLINS" owner mode file. Place file into your My Documents/MVP Baseball 2005 folder. Load it when selecting the "Create-A-Stadium" and choose day or night to play in the stadium.

Enjoy!!

Click here to download this file

So this would be one of these "owner mode" only things and couldn't be integrated into franchise/seasons or exhibition games? Sorry, I just never did owner mode and really don't plan to.

Hey daflyboys,

Actually this "Owner mode" thing is misleading...you CAN actually use this stadium in basic exhibition games and dynasty/franchise modes. I played most of my Rays 2010 dynasty in my CAS Tropicana Stadium last year. The only extra step that you have to do is to click "Load Owner" when you go to select your stadium (at the Create Ballpark select screen). The whole reason for the "Owner Mode" thing is that the stadium needed to be "created" in owner mode but the stadium can be used in any mode.

Hope this info helps.

Dennis

Hey den... I noticed that these CAS stadiums replace the "venu" files. I did rename the Marlins and the Yankees to their respective stadium names (prop and yank) and they did work, however, I guess with different dimensions, walls aren't always responding as true. For example, I hit a shot to left CF in the Marlins stadium and the LF went through the wall to retrieve it. Any way around this? I'm going to see if these stadiums respond to the field changer mod.

Hey den... I noticed that these CAS stadiums replace the "venu" files. I did rename the Marlins and the Yankees to their respective stadium names (prop and yank) and they did work, however, I guess with different dimensions, walls aren't always responding as true. For example, I hit a shot to left CF in the Marlins stadium and the LF went through the wall to retrieve it. Any way around this? I'm going to see if these stadiums respond to the field changer mod.

You would have to get the file that contains the stadium dimensions. Usually, it's the appropriate .txt file (e.g. yankday.txt and yanknite.txt) inside the data\datafile\datafile.big file. You would then rename it to the stadium that you want to replace. This is how we replace stadiums in the classics mods.

I looked in one of my datafile.big files and found that there is a venuday.txt and venunite.txt. If creating a CAS file also updates the venuday.txt and venunite.txt files inside datafile.big, you could extract those files and rename them to yankday.txt and yanknite.txt (or propday.txt and propnite.txt) and copy them to you data folder.

Dennis would have to confirm whether the dimensions are updated in the datafile.big file and whether this would work for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dennis: Thanks again for the great work but I am encountering a problem when I want to add the additional venuenight and venueday to my stadiums file. The computer wants to assign the new venue files a number like Venueday (2) OR venuenite (2). When I try to remove the numbers, it just askes to add more number and the stadium file will not accept more than one venue nite and day file. I know I am probably making a rudimentary mistake but could you help me out on this one? I appreciate it greatly and by the way, I am running windows 7 Pro. Thanks.

Hey there,

What you would have to do is REPLACE both the "Venuday" and "Venunite" stadium files into your /data/stadium folder. If you want to keep your orginal Create-A-Stadium files (the exisiting venu-stadiums); then simply copy them and keep them in another folder. It seems Windows is trying "keep both files" since it's trying to assign another number (the '2') after the file name. Copy the original 2 files into another folder and then delete them out of the /data/stadium folder. Then just copy the Marlins CAS files in. Remember to also copy the included Owner Files into your /MyDocuments/MVP Baseball 2005 folder too.

Let me know if you are still having problems and we'll take care of them.

-Dennis