Minor League Games Crashing

rom3

I am having a problem with all my minor league games crashing in Play Now or Exhibition mode. All the major league games play fine. The minor league games show the players running out on the field and crashes right before the first batter is shown at the plate. I have the MVP 08 mod installed along with KG’s latest roster. If I open the DAT files in MVP Edit and check for errors it shows that all the minor league teams have the following errors:

Lineup NL vs. RHP not complete

Lineup NL vs. LHP not complete.

There are no other errors. I have verified that all the minor league teams have 25 players on their roster and 5 starting pitchers. Both NL batting lineups for each minor league team show 8 players and no pitcher in MVP Edit. This is the same as the major league teams. Not sure if this is the problem or how to fix it if it is the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

I had some time and I was curious, so I fired up the 08 mod myself and tried to see what you saw rom3. My roster is different because I have the latest roster from hiheat32 that he made last year because they are compatible with the latest cyberfaces made by Homer. That's the only difference that I know between your mod and mine, the rosters.

But guess what? Same thing happened to me. I just tried a quick exhibition game between the Cardinal AAA team and the Yankee AAA team and it crashed. Tried it again, and the same thing happened. I did not know this because I have never played a minor league game with the 08 mod.

Whatever the answer is, I'd like to know it too.

I had what sounds like a simular problem when making the Negro Mods. where somehow MVPedit lost track of the numbers of batters that were supposed to be in a lineup.....this was certainly vexing, as every time i tried to correct the lineup it would revert back to only 8 batters. in fact it was listing my batters like 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9 skipping the number 3. I believe what i did to fix this was to clear the entire team roster for the offending team. save. and then redo the lineup and save. if i remember correct.

Now if you are having a problem with EVERY minor league team, possibly you are experiencing something else. In my case, i had a problem with 4 or 5 teams. including teh vanilla comes with TC27 American League allstar team, which for some reason I was never able to correct.

hope I was able to help, but im not sure. it wont hurt your rosters for you to wipe the lineups and reset them yourself though.

But my guess is Genius Jim will be by soon and correct us all. :friends:

Yesterday was the first time that I tried playing a minor league game in a long time and first noticed the crash. I believe that I also added the latest roster update from hiheat32. I tried five different minor league games in a row with different teams and experienced the consistent crash. I assume the problem occurs with all the minor league teams. All the major league games work perfect.

Hey rom and Y4L,

I had this problem last summer and it only affected some minor league teams and the game would crash at the beginning like rom mentioned. Whenever I saw this, I would check the batting lineup rosters (w/o DH) in the MVP game itself.

*Go ahead and scroll through the minor league teams and watch out for the (NULL) appearing in the pitchers slot. Write down the teams that have that problem. If this is showing up on every minor league team then you really need to clear everything in MVP Edit or download different rosters however.

* Say you found a (NULL) on the Yankees AAA team. Goto Call Ups/Send Downs and do a transaction between the MLB Yankees and the AAA team. What I do is move at least 2 Starting Pitchers from the AAA team and swap them with 2 catchers from the MLB Yankees team. Obviously this renders both rosters 'incorrect' and you'll have to let the CPU correct them.

*When youve accepted these changes, back out of roster management and LET THE CPU OPTIMIZE YOUR ROSTERS. When you go back and check your rosters, the (NULL) selection is replaced with a Starting Pitchers name. Youll have to save and load these rosters in the future for them to work.

*The other option is to clear out your pitching rotation of the offending team(s) in MVP Edit and manually put the pitchers back in. When you Check For Errors; the team should be corrected. Make sure to properly export these rosters back into the games data/database folder.

Give these ideas a try. They worked for me everytime I ran into those issues.

Well Dennis, I think I am going to do what you suggested when I have more time tonight. But I do agree the problem with the minor league crashing is in the pitcher's position. Here's why I say this. I played a minor league game today in the 08 mod when I had the DH on for both teams. When I did that, I had no problem at all.

As i recall my simular problem started when i had a pitcher set to a fielding secondary position, and mvp edit got very confused over what to do in the DH slot when that occured. It was ultimately why i had to scrap my attempts at having those great Neglro League players who pitched a regular turn and then played field every other game they didnt pitch. I tried everything i could to make that happen, and it just didnt work. (stretched out our release time by 2 weeks messing with this)

make sure none of those players have that pitching/fieldiong secondary designation too.

Dennis, I tried your suggestions and they did work and fixed the crashing problem with the minor league games. I can confirm that before implementing the suggested fixes the problem would not occur with the DH on for both teams. The problem would only occur without the DH because of the (NULL) appearing in the pitcher’s slot. A big thank you for your help solving this problem. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Glad this worked. Just wanted to chime in that this is strictly from a roster problem. If anyone is ever interested in fixing it, here's how:

In MVPedit, if you move the #1 SP off the roster without removing him from the #1 SP spot first, it will cause this error with the null spot. So either don't do this, or if you do, you will need to use a text editor like notepad to edit the dat files. First export the roster file to the database folder. Go to the database folder and open the team.dat file with notepad, and find the id number of the team that's affected. Copy that number. Then go to the roster.dat file and hit search and paste that number in to find all the entries for that team. Look at all the entries and you will see a line for the SP1. Edit values 5 and 9 from a -1 to a 9. This is changing the nl batting order for the SP1 to the 9th position against lefties and righties. Save the roster.dat file and re-import the database folder in MVPedit and your roster is fixed.

This is a problem I found while making Legends, and I don't think anyone else knows about this anymore except me. Anyhow, this should be posted somewhere for all the roster makers. I just don't know where else to put it.

Archived