Epic IV: 2008 Rosters for MVP 2005

SwinginSoriano

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Like I said in the MVP 06 thread, I'm just asking for permission to use whoever's cyberfaces and uniforms/equipment that will come with the roster. I think it would smart to send my roster files along with a models.big and whatnot. I don't want to use anyone else's mod without permission in order so people won't be confused and think I'm stealing anyone else's work.

Any volunteers?

• 4 weeks later...

Various progress updates with the roster:

- Every player has already been re-evaluated. Even guys who haven't seen Major League action since 2003.

- Officially retired players have been deleted. BTW, MLB.com's database does not announce John Olerud or Kevin Brown to be officially retired, so they will remain in the free agent pool for now.

- Yes updated Career Stats are in the works now thanks to my brother. :) It'll be so awesome to simulate who gets to go to the Hall of Fame.

- I am creating minor leaguers who are to be Major League Ready by 2006. These guys plus invites will likely fill the AAA rosters.

- The BETA is on schedule, it should be out by January 15th.

- My roster even includes guys like Bill Sirkorski, a player from the Japanese leagues who was given a major league contract by the Padres for some reason...

- Yes, the contracts are correct. :)

- Even the managers

- By February I hope to gain permission from many cyberface makers for their work to be included with MVP 06, so a models.big can be included with MVP 06.

- No I do not accept help on the rosters, but when they are out do as you please with them. I mean this.

Soriano,thanks for your effort and time!My question is why not do all the minors?If it is a time issue can you get permission to use the Ultimate Rosters,so we can have a total MLB-A roster?Thanks!

I have a couple of reasons:

- This is separate from UR, I do not want to take someone else's work as well

- The priority is an accurate Major League Roster, including prospects that will have no impact with Major League play would detract from the roster in my opinion. If all prospects would be included without interfering with ML play, they would never progress to the point of usefulness anyway.

- This roster is a whole different animal from UR. UR is a total minors roster which consists of the work of many, a collaboration. This is more of an updated roster which consists of the work of one person, myself. UR is about including every player possible, mine is about updating everyone in every way including their ages.

- Anyone is free to use any version of my rosters as they please. If they want to combine it to UR, go ahead. This roster will be like getting a whole new EA roster, you will have the new game feel. But, every single minor leaguer in existance won't be there unless someone takes my roster and does that part for oneself.

- BTW, that was a triple post.

• 2 weeks later...

- I just finished giving every single player their updated career stats up to 2005. Doesn't take as long as you would imagine.

- All I have to do now is to set the lineups, rotations, and delete 200 or so FAs (temporarily) in order to get the FA pool under 255.

BTW, I will remind everyone again that the BETA coming out next week will be coming out on MVP 2004. I will probably upload an ALPHA version that will work on MVP 2005 for the MVP 06 Beta testers on the FTP.

- I just finished giving every single player their updated career stats up to 2005. Doesn't take as long as you would imagine.

- All I have to do now is to set the lineups, rotations, and delete 200 or so FAs (temporarily) in order to get the FA pool under 255.

BTW, I will remind everyone again that the BETA coming out next week will be coming out on MVP 2004. I will probably upload an ALPHA version that will work on MVP 2005 for the MVP 06 Beta testers on the FTP.

Are you going to PM the Beta Testers again?

got it working in MVP 2005

Since you are starting with a 2004 roster, you are going to import all career stats from lahman DB for the hist.dat file correct?

I have just looked at the roster in MVP 2005, all the 2004 face type settings will need to be made before it is playable

got it working in MVP 2005

Since you are starting with a 2004 roster, you are going to import all career stats from lahman DB for the hist.dat file correct?

I have just looked at the roster in MVP 2005, all the 2004 face type settings will need to be made before it is playable

Yep. There will be much face changing but that was a part of the plan anyway. It seems as if the career stats I changed in 04 have transferred correctly so far in my alpha. Of course MVP Convert gave me trouble so I have to use a more annoying time consuming method to bring the 30 MLB teams, and their triple A teams over to a stock EA roster.

Now, if any of you guys are using the BETA or even just looking at it you can comment on the attributes. I will take your suggestions seriously.

Archived