Epic IV: 2008 Rosters for MVP 2005

SwinginSoriano

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I make Howard any worse, he does run the risk of being surpassed by Jon Lieber in the overall rating. Lieber is rated so highly because of the control on his pitches.

I'll see what I can do, but it won't be anything extreme.

edit: I got Howard down to 87 contact, 89 power versus righties, but anything else will rate Jon Lieber higher.

hey ss...love your rosters. i think they are a lot more accurate than UR's as far as ratings and lineups go (if andruw jones hit .267 last year, his contact shouldnt be in the 90's...but his power should...and you nailed that). a few things i did notice during a game with the braves...smoltz fastball peaked @ 90. i know he's getting older, but his fb should still peak around 97, maybe 98 if it's a perfect pitch. i'm not sure if his other pitches need to be adjusted (speed wise at least)...i'm not sure how quick his slider is...but i know the fastball needs a little work.

also, giles stance has been changed. his stance should be "giles". i'm not sure if it's named after him or brian, but they have the same stance. he's too hunched over the plate as of now...at least i think so.

that's what i have so far. i'll play more with these later...i'm hoping to convince my league to adapt these instead of UR as the league rosters. thanks.

I'll take these one point at a time!

a few things i did notice during a game with the braves...smoltz fastball peaked @ 90.

That's a problem in MVP 2005. In my roster, I think I put Smoltz's 4 seam at 92, so as a player you can make it top out at 93. When the CPU pitches, they tend not to fully-charge their pitches. Resulting in slower fastballs and faster and flatter change-ups and curveballs. Probably is an unexistant problem on higher difficulty levels but I suck so I'll never know!

also, giles stance has been changed. his stance should be "giles". i'm not sure if it's named after him or brian, but they have the same stance. he's too hunched over the plate as of now...at least i think so.

Giles does have the Giles stance, (Brian Giles, though Brian has a lot more open of a stance in real life) and it does make Marcus hunch over too much. Any suggestions? Popular consensus is that he should use the regular Giles stance.

There are alot of stances that are a little odd but we'll have to really wait for the season to check that out. Jhonny Peralta shouldn't be such a large body type.

I watched so much video... I guess everyone sees stances differently. I'll give a check to Jhonny's body type, I haven't seen it because I am playing a NL (Washington) dynasty.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, they will be implemented!

i see what your saying about the computer and their power...but i was controlling smoltz...and going all the way at the end of the power meter and hitting it right on green sometimes...and i'd still get 90. and i trust your research soriano, but let me know where you got info about smoltz fastball being in the low 90's. i thought it was still mid-high 90's...but i could easily be wrong. thanks.

oh and as far as giles...i'll mess around and see what i can find.

I just checked the roster, and I assigned Smoltz's fastball to be 92 mph. Yes Smoltz could still hit the mid 90s but for pitchers who could consistantly get there anymore, I would assigned them a 4-seam that would reflect the more common velocity. (e.g. Giving Randy Johnson 94 mph, when he was able to hit 96-97 this season, while there were plenty of starts where he struggled to get it past 91.)

Thank you for your comments!

these rosters are amazing ss...but i think im doing something wrong. my game crashes whenever i try to play. what am i doing wrong? thanks, and great work!

You MUST have BigScmhooz's models.big or the MVP 06 mod for the rosters to work. (Cyberfaces)

If this is not the problem, just tell me so I can help you.

Wow, if these rosters get converted (I know Kraw is working very hard) im going to be extatic.

Kraw is working hard to convert UR, not my rosters. If he does convert UR to the consoles, that'd be a great service to the community.

BTW, here's an important announcement.

For all those who are having the roster crash on them, you need to have Big_Schmooz's models.big or the MVP 06 mod (get this no matter what! It's awesome!) for the roster to work. Without one of them, the roster won't work. The roster itself works fine on all computers with the MVP 06 mod or BigSchmooz's models.big. In fact, I have stated this on compatibilty. When I updte the roster, I'll make it more obvious in the description!

IT WILL WORK WITH THE MVP 06 MOD!

Thank you, damn I hate when people get mad because they download an incompatible mod.

If you make a version that just uses EA default faces I can (try to) convert these to console also

That's very nice of you! Possibly I can do an EA face one this weekend. I'll see.

I looked at the UR rosters and it doesnt have any details. Are they like the same general thing as swinginsorianos? Eveyr rating changed and stuff like that?

UR = Total minors

SS = New ratings

That's the difference really.

Archived