New: Multiple Previews

thr33niL

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you still doing Asdural Cabrera? I know he's not in the Mariners' minors anymore, but it would be greatly appreciated :)

EDIT: Can you tell me anything about him? I've read some scouting reports and from the looks of it he projects a bit as a Cesar Izturis type of player

These faces are absolutely fantastic. How many more Mariners are you planning on doing?

Not sure. I want to get some of the minor league prospects some love (if I can find a good enough portrait that is).

But I was planning on working on ...

Adam Jones

Brandon Morrow

Bobby Livingston

Wladimir Balentien

Michael Garciaparra

On the big club... probably George Sherrill and Emiliano Fruto would be up on the list. Also, still looking for that elusive Felix Hernandez mug...

are you still doing Asdural Cabrera? I know he's not in the Mariners' minors anymore, but it would be greatly appreciated :)

EDIT: Can you tell me anything about him? I've read some scouting reports and from the looks of it he projects a bit as a Cesar Izturis type of player

I don't know if I am going to do AsCab anymore... :( I haven't really started so I might pass. We'll see.

As for a report on the dude.. He is an oustanding defensive shortstop. He doesnt project to hit for any sort of power but is looked at as an OBP decent average, gap to gap hitter. He is only 20 and is handling AAA pretty well so he is a good one.

In relative terms, he is a Omar Vizquel type of player without the stolen base potential.

So in short, the Ms overpaid a bit for a guy like Perez. Cabrera will be pretty good in a couple years.

OK.. I just had a nice little tool in Photoshop brought to my attention. I hate to admit this, but I have never used the healing tool on any of my cyberfaces. I didnt even know what it did or thought to mess around with it and experiment. Well, thanks to The_Jerk, I now know what the little band-aid does and now realize it would be one of the more important tools in making natural looking textures.

In all my faces, I mainly cloned, smudged, etc. It would take a long time in some instances to get a texture to look natural. If I would have used the healing tool, it would have taken no time at all.

Although Im pretty mad at myself (and embarrased) for all the time I have wasted, my texture jobs will be much better in future releases and I plan on touching up some of my previous jobs to get it as perfect as I can. Just to show what a difference it makes. I spent about 2 more minutes with my Francisco Cruceta face and touched up the texture with the healing tool. Even though the picture I used had a weird hue to it, it looks a lot more natural as compared to my initial release (pic in this thread on page two).

cru0fd.jpg

Live and learn I guess :roll:. Look for my faces to start getting better and updates on my previous releases.

I was going to do Fruto next but I got a wild hair to give Felix another shot.

I have to say, Oediting Felix's weird shaped melon is tough. What I have so far is better than anything on him so far though. I have to work on shaping still but heres a preview.

kingwip2vw.jpg

thr33nil, you must be out of town but do you know anything about this Lowe guy they called up? Never heard of him

Yeah been pretty busy lately.

Mark Lowe is a power arm from AA San Antonio. He runs it up there in the low to mid 90s and from what I have heard, he was probably the most ML ready pen arm in the system beyond Green and Fruto. He is supposed to have some decent breaking pitches but his bread and butter is his fastball.

Re-did Clement. Gotta say, I like my new version a lot better. Its still a WIP since I have some cleaning up to do on it but its essentially close to being done.

...Compare..

jeffclementcyberv28pf.jpg

jclement3bw.jpg

But my next guy up is ADAM JONES! He just got called up to the bigs and as the Mariners top prospect, deserves a face.. asap.

Archived