* redsox's MVP Baseball mod previews *

redsox

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the 2nd one. It highlights the distinct feature of the park.

That was my initial goal - to highlight each stadium's distinct feature, but I was having a hard time finding good hi-resolution pictures. I will keep searching to see if I can gather enough hi-res. pictures.

Also, does anyone have a high-end computer and are willing to grab some screenshots for me? I can currently run the game at 1280x1024 with all the in-game settings on maximum. So for those who have a better video card (mine is Radeon X300/X550 Series) and can play the game at a much higher resolution, please let me know if you are willing to help me out. Thanks and take care.

I am working on modding some uniforms on the side and this is what I have done so far. I am yet to implement them completely to get it into the game but I wanted to show a little preview and get some constructive feedback on those.

BOSTON HOME & AWAY

JERS-3.jpgJERS-2.jpg

BALTIMORE HOME & AWAY

JERS-1.jpgJERS.jpg

NEW YORK HOME & AWAY

JERS-5.jpgJERS-4.jpg

TAMPA BAY HOME & AWAY

JERS-6.jpgJERSjpg.jpg

TORONTO HOME & AWAY

JERS-8.jpgJERS-7.jpg

Please don't put the side strip on them, it's really ugly, if they're spring training uniforms, then perhaps you can keep them, but I would HIGHLY recommend you taking them out if they're meant to be full time unis. Otherwise, really nice job.

Please don't put the side strip on them, it's really ugly, if they're spring training uniforms, then perhaps you can keep them, but I would HIGHLY recommend you taking them out if they're meant to be full time unis. Otherwise, really nice job.
No they were not meant to be spring training unis, but to be honest I had never played games where the players wore those spring training unis. I didn't know people didn't like it that much. Will change the uniform sets accordingly. Hopefully I will post some in-game screenshots later this week.

I mean, if you like them, that's fine, by all means keep them in. Personally, though, I really hate them, but if enough people like them, then keep them. But as far as I've heard, the general consensus seems to say that they don't like them much.

I mean, if you like them, that's fine, by all means keep them in. Personally, though, I really hate them, but if enough people like them, then keep them. But as far as I've heard, the general consensus seems to say that they don't like them much.
Well, the thing is, I want to make this mod suitable for the members here. So I actually do want to get some feedback - let me know what you want on these and I will try my best to implement that into the mod. With that being said, I know I cannot make everyone happy but I would like to create what the majority of the members like and would enjoy. BTW, thank you for letting me know about the side strips. Take care.

Here's a little preview of what I have in mind for Boston's home uniform. Please post some comments and suggestions. I know that abc006 is against the side patterns; do most of you guys feel the same way about that? If so, I will change that design.

On the bottom screenshot, I tried to add some textures to the logos found on the right sleeve, helmet, and the hat. What is the opinion on that? Thanks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that those logos came from the following thread. It seems that a lot of people had started on those but never finished them.

EDIT 2: Forgot the link - http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=...t=uniforms.html

Just to give you guys a quick update. I have completed the uniform for Boston. I have added pipings to the jerseys and changed the logo on the jersey to have some textures in it. I plan on installing these and posting a screenshot as soon as I get back home tonight. Take care until then.

for the Jays road uniform you have (with the new script), do you also have the font for making the letters and numbers? If so, can you post a link to it?

I plan on making those myself when I get to implement the jersey. I will let you know then. Take care.

EDIT: There may actually be a MLB font for the Blue Jays. I think I have it installed in my computer. I will see if those two match and let you know.

Here's my first full fledged attempt at a Boston uniform. What are the areas that I need to improve upon? I believe that I would need to shrink the logo on the manager's jersey and probably fix the team logo on the sleeve. Apart from those, who do you guys see that I need to fix/improve upon. Please post comments/suggestions. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know that the stadium select screens are done and all that's left is to package them up. I will upload them either tonight or at the latest by tomorrow. Take care.

EDIT: Here are more screens of the Boston uniform. The images were taking up a lot of space on the post, so I had removed the screens from the previous post and added them as an attachment to this one.

For all I hate the Red Sox, that uniform looks pretty good, quite a modern look for them. My only feedback would maybe be add a little more noise to the jersey - it looks a little too "fitted" and smooth - too smooth to look real, if that makes any sense. :) Otherwise, nice job!

Thanks for the suggestion MarkB. I have actually put uniform modding on hold as I am trying to learn more about it. But once I feel quite comfortable with it, I will surely take your suggestion into consideration and implement it. I am looking to release some concept unis for each team in the future - just don't know if I will be able to get to it or not. Take care.

Oops...that's what I get for not looking at the date that they were posted. :lol:

Good luck!

No problem at all and thanks for the good luck.

those manager jackets are sweeeeeeeet

Thank you. Hopefully I can get these and other uniforms done soon.

Its a custom datafile that I had created a while back; though I am really not sure as to whose datafile I used as a base.

For about half the screens in the download I had ChicagoCubs720's datafile installed when capturing the screenshots. rolie had a datafile in his website that I just tried out and it looks really good too; though I didn't use that for this mod. Definitely gives a neat camera angle.

Also, I tried to capture most of the screens before I am set to throw out the first pitch. Tried to grab the shots when the teams and its players are being introduced.

Archived