If you want to change MVP's announcers...

tywiggins

no, it's actually a very long drawn out process. we're talking about thousands of audio files. you have to listen to each one, and then find replacements that can cover it. it's no easy task. you can see that otbjoel has been at it for quite awhile.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, it's actually a very long drawn out process. we're talking about thousands of audio files. you have to listen to each one, and then find replacements that can cover it. it's no easy task. you can see that otbjoel has been at it for quite awhile.

That's right Homer and he is only a little over 50% done with this.

Yeah, I saw otbjoel's thread, but he seems to be doing it really extensively.

I was just talking about swapping in Vin Scully from MLB 2005 for the MVP guys. If the audio files from both games have already been indexed, isn't the bulk of the work already done? Plus, if the names take up 8000 of the files, those are pretty easy to match up. Then, if it's just Scully, then a lot of the color commentary is going to be blank files. Finally, I assume the MVP files are organized in some way like the MLB ones, where you have numbers, names, hits to centerfield, etc. grouped together. So you can match those up easily.

I'm not saying it would take 45 minutes, but I think the busy work can be done over the course of a few weeks. Then it's a matter of having a program that reads from the Excel file and converts the MLB audio files into the appropriately-numbered MVP ones.

don't get us wrong, neither of us are saying it's impossible. but it's a pretty monumental task to do it over however many weeks it takes. it not only takes patience, but also dedication. so much so, that no one has ever committed to completing it. if you are willing to do so, believe me when i say that there would be a lot of interested users that would like to download it.

If someone has tywiggins' MVP index, I'll definitely try to come up with an efficient way to pull this off. Once I can get the index files in sync, I'll need some help writing a program to batch convert, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Also, does anyone know how to extract pbpdat.big and MLB's play-by-play file?

Thanks.

that's part of the problem, i don't think anyone has that index. ty wasn't able to find it on his computer either. at least the last time i checked. you can extract all the files from the the pbpdat.big using biggui.

Archived