Tropicana Field WIP

Kriegz

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK Pirate thanks for your OEdit tutorial, I am using it and I think I mostly understand. Heres a stupid qustion, how do i move letf to right in OEdit, all I can seem to do is zoom in and zoom out :(

OK I read the readme and figured it out this program rocks. No my question isI know if you want to make a new ad you just amke the ads0.bmp larger and make the ad BUT how do we know how large the image will be in the game. Like how do we know EXACTLY how many pixels to make the new ad?

How do I tell how many pixels the area sected is, vertex properties screen doesnt really say, or at least that I can see. I now only a few people here know OEdit, but this would help lots if anyone knows

How do I tell how many pixels the area sected is, vertex properties screen doesnt really say, or at least that I can see. I now only a few people here know OEdit, but this would help lots if anyone knows
Hmm I don't know, try using the texture/bump map and moving the points.

Hmm I don't know, try using the texture/bump map and moving the points.

yea when I do that it gives me some wierd value that is too large to be pixels or it says [multiple] and shows no numbers

Anyone know if I can like rotate the stuff in OEdit, like rotate the camera view that I am looking at the stuff with. Its hard to work from the 3 angles provided

Play around with:

CTRL + Right Click

Right Click Drag

CTRL + W

CTRL + Left Click Drag

And if I can get some knowledge of texturing and Oedit, I want to make a Fenway update, but since I don't, I can't!

(How do you place texutres in different spots, which files do you edit, how do you add vertices, etc.)

And my BIGgui stopped working for most files yesterday.

On the walls, it looks like the same pattern as the dugout roof. Leaves, probably for Tropicana/Oranges, and Manta Rays for the Devil Ray.

Well I after I figure out this pixel size puzzle I think I will be on my way, Here I stretched some of those ads out cause EA had them too scrunched and heres what I got. (Obviuously its covering up spme of the scoreboard but its a start)

tropdome011rt.png

Wow after looking closley, EA really fucked this thing up. That Majestic ad right there doesnt exist, I will use its verticies to make that little scoreboard thing to the left of the main scoreboard which EA totally forgot about, figures :roll:

OK, I can't for the life of me get these vericies seperated.

oedithelp5ap.png

Notince in the UP Map editor, those once with red vertices, for some reason the Tampa Tribune and Majestic ad are connected, as you can see on the main screen. How the hell do I seperate these? I've moved them around to see if they are just tangled or something but they are all connected somehow and its really terrible. I just wish I could erase the line and make them unconnected and just have a bunch of 4 verticie frames, you devil EA :angry: Can any experts help out a newbie to this program. I really understand everything in this exept for what actually happens with OEdit. I want my photoshop skills to be tested on something like this :)

OK, I can't for the life of me get these vericies seperated.

oedithelp5ap.png

Notince in the UP Map editor, those once with red vertices, for some reason the Tampa Tribune and Majestic ad are connected, as you can see on the main screen. How the hell do I seperate these? I've moved them around to see if they are just tangled or something but they are all connected somehow and its really terrible. I just wish I could erase the line and make them unconnected and just have a bunch of 4 verticie frames, you devil EA :angry: Can any experts help out a newbie to this program. I really understand everything in this exept for what actually happens with OEdit. I want my photoshop skills to be tested on something like this :)

On some, if you have the hand control of a maniac, you can seperate them, but with most you can't. But, just check out which ones are connected, and put them right next to each other in photoshop.

It looks to me like the Tampa Tribune and Majestic ad are both used in that left most ad so all you have to do is highlight the left most ad in the OEdit window, deselect the unecessary vertices in the UV Map Editor for the ad next to it and then you can click and drag the right vertices over in the UV Map Editor window so that they are only covering the Tribune ad.

Teh O = Teh Rule, verticies = understood. I think I get most everything but its still hard to tell what pixels to make a new ad and i understand the process but it is really hard to identify each of the parts 8O

One more question, is each part just automatically assigned to a .bmp file or can they be switched? If they arn't switchable, then I might as well make a spredsheet to match them all together, that would help me

Archived