Tropicana Field WIP

Kriegz

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Under the Kanes sign they but K's up for every strike out the home pitcher gets.

Those vertices will seperate with some bigtime patience. I started this stadium last year and had the OF done with decals so I know those guys seperate.

If anyone is wondering....My baby is 10 months old and being a Dad is a fulltime j-o-b so thats why last years project died. I probably wont work on it this year. Even if I do nobody will know until its done :)

I should have some pics on my pc at home that are good quality from last year. Also I should be going to a game in a couple weeks if I have time.

Here a pic of my attempted mod last year. I had to make the "Lets Play" sign from scratch. If you want me to seperate some blue dots for you let me know!

trop36lp.jpg

Do you mean the parts of the cram32.fsh, are they assigned?

Yes they are assigned and I have no clue and doubt you can switch them.

Sorry I was gone all weekend so I was not here to answer questions, but the Big O is a big help.

Biggus,

I can still recreate the wall but can you at least tell me where you got the parts, like the rays and leaves and stuff, or even, if you let me use that it would be great I would give you credit. It looks very good. Anyways I will still have to change all of the colors for behind home. It would be greatly appriciated man, that is one of the big obstacles I was going to have to cross :(

My next obstacle has been trying to make a new set of verticies for a new ad, obviously there are plenty of verticies here, but they are all connected, and these ads arn't ganna be right next to each ether in the main OEdit screen, so how the heck do I make it a seperate group this time? BTW EA your really smart, putting 5 verticies connected (you can do a whole lot with that) :roll:

oedithelp5my.png

Pirate answered your first question = yes they are assigned and no there is no way to reassign them short of rewriting the .exe. One thing you might try to get some more vertices is to look around the stadium at things that are using two or more mappings that would only need one. Yo could reposition ads or textures to only use one mapping and you would free up one you could use. Keep in mind you can add transperency to any.bmp so you could make a series of ads, use transperency and only use one mapping.

Also a good thing to look at is the misc junk that you don't need to show up like hot dog stands etc. Then you can add an ad on that mapped .bmp and remap the vertices to surround your ad. This is what I did for Oriole Park. I turned a food stand behind the CF bullpens into the flagpoles by removing the mapping of the vertices from the stand to my added flagpoles. You can also move parts around the stadium, however you have to be careful, because if you move a mapping too far away from its original location, it may not be able to be drawn by the program because it's original position is not visible so therefore it may not show up until you pan right or left etc. It's all trial and error and it can be frustrating at times but if you keep at it you will have something you can be proud of. Good luck! :D

tropdome039zg.png

So far I added 2 of the scoreboard ads, obviously more work to be done. The numbers on the photo realistic scoreboard will be used for something else. Still playing with the tilt of some of the CF ones

Yep just grab them in OEdit and move them behind something else. I usually drag parts I don't need underneath the stands. However you might want to consider editing the Runs Hits and Errors images along with the number images to the Trop's scoreboard font so you still have a working scoreboard. I just left the one that was there in Oriole Park because I thought it was a neat feature that EA put in.

Everything on the scoreboard is added but things are behind things and such, I have to make some changes with the Z coordinates which is a gruling trial and error process so today I will just go over evrything I have added so far and fine tune it. BTW I have added the Jackie Robinson baseball and I'm going to try to add the retired jersey if I can find a jersey to work off of. Just thought Id update you guys on my progress, the next things to come will be the ads right of the scoreboard and the ads on the walls in right, then on to the left field where there is alot less to edit IMO. Once I get these Z cordinates in the right position and the ads cropped corretly, I will update everyone on my progress with screenies, the scoreboard looks great once I get these minor things worked out!

I will be tied up tommarrow in real life but Sunday I should have some time to work on this. The RF and CF ads are basically done exept for playing around with some verticies. I still have to make the Tropicana Orange and find a way to make Bogg's retired jersey in Right which is becoming a pain in the *** cause I can't find the uni at the right angle :x Anyways, don't expect this very soon, this is a stadium which needs alot more of a facelift than others cause EA's version sucked royaly. I think I have found the neccescary things to make the walls but lets just say it will be an adventure. Considering the wall is in many different colors up but the pressboxes, which BTW will also need to be re-done :x Just thought I'd give everyone an update :D

I'm still working on this but I had a busy weekend, maybe some screens of RF later tonight. I want to take a shot at the walls soon. If anyone can find something to work from for the Boggs Jersey that would be great

Anyways, don't expect this very soon, this is a stadium which needs alot more of a facelift than others cause EA's version sucked royaly.

At least it doesnt need as much update and change as Comerica Park!! :D :D

Archived