The Big O's Fenway Park WIP - Night version begins

The Big O

I am going to the game Thursday, but I only have a crappy digital camera, so I might be able to take some pictures, but they won't be that good...

I'm going next tuesday, got right field roof seats.

I got a nice Nikon D100 and should be able to get some good high res shots.

I'm sure between us both, we'll have it all covered! ;)

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going next tuesday, got right field roof seats.

I got a nice Nikon D100 and should be able to get some good high res shots.

I'm sure between us both, we'll have it all covered! ;)

Nice. I'm in the private box down the 1B line, about 7 down from the .406 club. Obviously I got the ticket from my Dad :)

And, Rottz, make sure you read over my post so you know what to take pictures of! :wink:

(I probably won't move away from the personal server, TV, couch, refilled-every-10 minutes personal cooler and chicken/sausage/steak heater along with a table of sandwiches, popcorn, and chips :), just to name a few things :D )

Now why couldn't they make OEdit look like that? :lol:

Heh- that's just the start of it. My dad has a huge roll of blueprints for the 2006 seats :)

And also Big O- the MVP scoreboard has something other than ERROR for that box (I can't remember)...is it possible to change that?

Big O- This thread from SoSH has some nice pictures from opening day:

http://p086.ezboard.com/fsonsofsamhornbost...cID=15245.topic

(Just copy the URL for the photobucket one's)

The 2nd page has some NICE BIG PHOTOS OF THE ADS FOR YOU!!!

Just a few:

OD8.jpg

OD10.jpg

OD12.jpg

OD21.jpg

open27ap.jpg

Picture011.jpg

9f4ecdae.jpg

SoxHomeOpener021.jpg

b32edc49.png

723cd68b.png

193e4ae8.png

OPENING_DAY_2005-2.jpg

And the MAJESTIC AD in CF is the same as last year, with the majestic logo on the left, except with red mesh all over, and white AUTHENTIC UNIFORMS OF THE WORLD CHAMPION RED SOX text

Big O- They just showed a shot of Fenway on NESN, and there is the same Jimmy Fund logo on the wall, except with 92 years together instead of 91. (obviously)

Actually, it's 52 instead of 51

Hey I appreciate all the effort going into making Fenway look authentic again this year. You guys have some big shoes to fill left by Ezorn...

I come to the boards each spring, I feel kind of bad that I scavenge for the mods and then leave after the mods stop coming...what is the stroy on Ezorn, did he make an announcement that he won't be doing Fenway 2005? His 2004 Fenway was the standard by which other stadiums (stadia?) should be judged!

Yep Ezorn said he was not doing a Fenway mod this year. I told him I would do one and asked if I could use his files to do so and he told me I could. My wedding is coming right up so I am not gettting much time to work on this but I appreciate all the pics and I hope to put out a mod sometime in May. I plan to put as much effort into this as I did Oriole Park so it may take awhile but it will be worth it, I promise! 8)

Actually, it's 52 instead of 51

I come to the boards each spring, I feel kind of bad that I scavenge for the mods and then leave after the mods stop coming...what is the stroy on Ezorn, did he make an announcement that he won't be doing Fenway 2005? His 2004 Fenway was the standard by which other stadiums (stadia?) should be judged!

Heh, I meant 52, I was just thinking of Fenway's 90th anniversary in 2002.

EZorn made an announcement back in February or March that he would not have the time to do Fewnay this year.

Yeah, I just did a search and read about it. Damn shame...TribeTime, I hope I didn't come off as rude, I was actually paying Ezorn a compliment. I'm not one of those posters who comes in and gives modders a hard time about not getting the mod out fast enough. Actually, I wish I had the patience to learn to use OEdit; I would try to tackle it myself.

The funny thing is I haven't bought MVP 2005 yet, because there is no Fenway mod. After playing in Ezorn's 2004 Fenway, I can't play in anything less! So right now, I still play MVP2004, with the Budweiser right field roof seats and all the trimmings!

Yep Ezorn said he was not doing a Fenway mod this year. I told him I would do one and asked if I could use his files to do so and he told me I could. My wedding is coming right up so I am not gettting much time to work on this but I appreciate all the pics and I hope to put out a mod sometime in May. I plan to put as much effort into this as I did Oriole Park so it may take awhile but it will be worth it, I promise! 8)

Thanks, man! Your effort means a lot to all of us!

Hey BigO, any progress? (screenshots?:D) Not pushing you, just want to get a peek.

I'll use the other Fenway for now, fake ads but at least the Hancock sign is there.

Anyone notice that they have ads for real products this year (New Era, Majestic...) and Majestic DOES have an ad at Fenway, and EA DID put a Majestic ad in their Fenway, but it's a different ad, in a different spot?

I guess I can let them slide on that one, as they wouldn't know what ads would show up where this spring. But the lack of right-field roof seats, and the 9-4-1-8-42 retired numbers (a combo that NEVER existed) is unaccepatable! What has it been, 8-9 years since they rearranged them to 1-4-8-9? And the 42 didn't come until after they rearranged them. And it's only been 4-5 years since 27 was added.

Welp, I was at Fenway last night and took tons of pictures. I just finished editing them and was trying to decide where to put them online. I decided to upload them to my gallery on my personal site, since I don't want them on an image depot site. But now I'm thinking that I don't want to post the URL on this site, because the last time I posted something on this site I got 1,000+ hits in a few hours, and the pictures are pretty big and would suck up bandwidth quickly. So for now, I'm just gonna ask people to PM me(Only if you REALLY want to see them) and I'll give them the URL and a login/password. For modders who want the 28 Ads I took, I'll prolly put it on my ftp site since it's 7mb in a compressed zip, and too big for email.

Well I did some more work on this thing after all... I added the rest of the scoreboard and the new ad above the monster and the new Majestic ad. There is much more to do but I thought I'd give you guys an update. It's hard to find time to do this especially when the future Mrs. BigO wants 100% of your time. :wink: Check out the pic below.

fenway2.jpg

Archived