Anaheim Stadium - The Protest Version...The work ends!

HaloFan

can't halo, that just looks awesome. I think for most of the crashes are due to uniform mods. When I use the original models.big and uniform.big, the games doesn't crash but using the unimods it still crashes. can't wait to get your update. great work.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another great job by HaloFan!!! Thanks again for all your work. It really improves my enjoyment of the game using the Angels.

By the way, the Night version plays like butter(as does the Day) on my system. I have a middle of the road setup.

P4 2.4

512M RAM

Radeon 9800 Pro 128M at 4X AGP. Motherboard only goes to 4X, Dell Dimension 8250

SB Audigy 2

Basically everything is around 2 years old now.

Based on my system, I was thinking maybe you could do your nicer sky on the Night version still or put out a separate release for those that want to try at least. What do you think?

I gave up on the sky mod because I couldn't get it to look good. I mean, the one I downloaded from here was decent, but all the ones I made looked like crap because of way the game cuts the image down to 16-bit, messing up the shading and making it look all blotchy.

I really don't know why it crashes for some people. I installed MVP last night on a computer with the following:

AMD Athlon 2200+

384 MB RAM

NVidia GeForce 3 Ti200

MVP ran just fine on there with my current stadium, with 4X AF turned on at 1024X768. So it's really wierd that it runs on that stuff just fine, but others have problems. It might just be that the current version solved the problems. I don't know.

For reference I have:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+

Ati Radeon 9600 XT (128 MB RAM)

1 Gig DDR Ram

SB Audigy 1

Obviously not groundbreaking stuff. And the only time it crashed was when I was really pushing the limits in terms of size. I do have a feeling that the amount of RAM might have something to do with it.

Anyway, the sky wasn't left out because of this, it was left out because I couldn't get it to look any better than the default sky.

If anyone is having problems with the new version, please let me know. I'd like to know if making the low-res version is still worth it.

The game crashes for me when using the stadium. Here are my specs... They are pretty decent. I am using a p4 3.2 ghz processor. I have a GEForce 256 mb ram 6800 ultra graphics card. I have 1,024 megs of 3200 Corsair low latency ram.

OK, I'm going to make a low-res version, but I'm starting to think it's not going to help.

But first I'm going to try a test, I've managed to compress the cram32.fsh files in the day and night versions, which I couldn't do before. The game runs fine with these files for me, so I'm going to host this test version to see if it helps people.

Ironically, the zip file for this version is larger than the version I put out already. WinZip can't compress the files anymore, because NFSHTool already did. But the size of the anahday.big and anahnite.big files has gone from near 20 megs each to near 10.

Download it here:

Stadium Test Version

I really don't know why it crashes for some people. I installed MVP last night on a computer with the following:

AMD Athlon 2200+

384 MB RAM

NVidia GeForce 3 Ti200

MVP ran just fine on there with my current stadium, with 4X AF turned on at 1024X768. So it's really wierd that it runs on that stuff just fine, but others have problems. It might just be that the current version solved the problems. I don't know.

For reference I have:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+

Ati Radeon 9600 XT (128 MB RAM)

1 Gig DDR Ram

SB Audigy 1

Obviously not groundbreaking stuff. And the only time it crashed was when I was really pushing the limits in terms of size. I do have a feeling that the amount of RAM might have something to do with it.

Anyway, the sky wasn't left out because of this, it was left out because I couldn't get it to look any better than the default sky.

If anyone is having problems with the new version, please let me know. I'd like to know if making the low-res version is still worth it.

I just d/l'ed the day/night package, and played a game at night. My specs;

AMD 64 3700+

Abit KV8 Pro

1GB Corsair 1024-XLPRO PC3200

ATi Radeon 9600 Pro (128MB)

1024x768, AA @ 4X, AF @ 8X.

I've got a uni pack for the Red Sox (who I played as, natch...LOL)

The night stadium played (and looked) absolutely FLAWLESS with this hardware, at these settings. I'll check out the "day" stadium shortly.

Super job on this HaloFan. I'm not 100% familiar with the stadium, but can see it's drastically improved over what EA Sports shipped as their version. I'm sure there's probably little things that you see and think; "That's not quite right, but I can live with it." I wouldn't notice the minute trivial details.... I just see a work of art on my screen. :thumbsup:

THANK YOU for all of your effort on this stadium mod. :wink:

The game crashes for me when using the stadium. Here are my specs... They are pretty decent. I am using a p4 3.2 ghz processor. I have a GEForce 256 mb ram 6800 ultra graphics card. I have 1,024 megs of 3200 Corsair low latency ram.

Odd. My specs are a bit lower than yours (see my post above), and it played beautifully.

I have yet to try this out on my "gaming rig", which uses a P4 2.8C overclocked to 3.2, and a 9800XT. Should play fine, if it flies right on my "main" rig (the AMD 64 rig above).

I'll post back in a while, after I test the day game on the main, and both on the "gamer".

B.

Tested, and runs fine on both of my machines;

AMD 64 3700+

Abit KV8 Pro

1GB Corsair XLPRO PC3200

Radeon 9600 Pro

1024x768, 4x AA, 8x AF

All settings maxed in game.

Intel P4 2.8C @ 3.2

DFI LanParty 875P rev B1

512MB Corsair XMS PC3700

Radeon 9800XT

1024x768, 4x AA, 8x AF

All settings maxed in game.

The P4 rig seemed to stutter slightly, but this has more to do with only half a gig of ram. Even the default EA Sports stadiums do this. If I were a trifle more ambitious tonight, I'd swap the ram, rig to rig. :p I'm certain the slight "stutter" would vanish if I did (it did before, when I had the XLPRO in the gamer). I moved it into my AMD rig, as I've been doing a lot of TV capturing, and burning stuff to DVD lately.

I've got 6 1/2 hours of "Blue Collar TV" I can watch anytime, for my troubles though. 8)

Welp, this is why I probably should have waited to release the stadium until tonight.

The Saturn ads have been replaced by the Chevy ads that the stadium had during the first homestand. It does look like there will be come sort of rotation to those ads. I'm putting the Chevy ads back into the day version, leaving Saturn for the night.

I'm going to keep an up to date version of the stadium on my own server, so those that want to download it can, but I'm not going to upload every little change I make here. If I come out and do a 2.0, that would be something I'd upload here.

HaloFan, this looks amazing. I don't have the PC, thus can't really 'install' the mod but I may pick apart some of the pieces to update the stadium on the XBOX.

If you'd want to do all us Total Classic fans a favor, you could mod the stadium back to the way it looked in the 70's. I know I'd enjoy that for sure, as I've fallen in love with the 1973 California Angels and that young hurler they've got.

HaloFan, this looks amazing. I don't have the PC, thus can't really 'install' the mod but I may pick apart some of the pieces to update the stadium on the XBOX.

If you'd want to do all us Total Classic fans a favor, you could mod the stadium back to the way it looked in the 70's. I know I'd enjoy that for sure, as I've fallen in love with the 1973 California Angels and that young hurler they've got.

I thought about that for a while, but it would require alot of work, and I wouldn't be able to get everything looking right. I'd have to really play around with the collision data and wall numbers to actually get the distances straight, and that's 10 times more difficult that OEdit because you can't see what you're doing, you're just changing numbers and hoping they're the right ones.

Beyond that, getting the behind the plate area looking right, with the seating area wrapping around, and getting rid of most of the press box and suites would be just about impossible. Some things, like moving the Big A back in place, wouldn't be too difficult, but tghe whole package would take a long time.

I thought about that for a while, but it would require alot of work, and I wouldn't be able to get everything looking right. I'd have to really play around with the collision data and wall numbers to actually get the distances straight, and that's 10 times more difficult that OEdit because you can't see what you're doing, you're just changing numbers and hoping they're the right ones.

Beyond that, getting the behind the plate area looking right, with the seating area wrapping around, and getting rid of most of the press box and suites would be just about impossible. Some things, like moving the Big A back in place, wouldn't be too difficult, but tghe whole package would take a long time.

You know you could just not be so anal about it being perfect... :D

you know i just played my first game in the stadium since i dloaded a while back first off WOW! second i was thinking about the whole anaheim name change, how much do you think this has to due with los angeles trying to market an NFL franchise better? i was listening on sports radio a little yesterday about how they were trying to get a new team there, i believe the nfl wants them to have one as well. in my lifetime i have seen a couple teams come and go from the los angeles area. i remember watching raiders games on tv, and the stadium was like a morgue, they called it the masoleum if i recall? anyway just wondered if you thought that had anything to do w/ the whole fiasco. i have been checking out the save the angels link, personally i think it's sad what's been done. and where can i get on of those tshirts? i guess they ran out of them pretty quick.

one last thought..... a true fan loves the team not the town. it is fine to be proud of where you are from but a sports team does not represent the town it plays for. The players on the teams are not from the towns in which they play. It is your job as a citizen of your town to represent your your town not a sports team. I love the Twins because they were the first team i watched when i was young becaues i live in minnesota. How ever i watched the phoenix suns basketball team beacayse when i was young minnesota didnt have a b-ball team and sure i love the T-wolves now cuz i see them alot but the suns are still my favorite team. If the identity of your town is based on disney land and a baseball team then thats pretty shallow. and dismissing your surrounding communities as scum is also pretty sad.

If the identity of your town is based on disney land and a baseball team then thats pretty shallow. and dismissing your surrounding communities as scum is also pretty sad.

ummm i think you have it backwards there, it is the surrounding community and team owner dismissing anaheim as scum. if the team moved to los angeles then i guess a name change would have been appropriate however, that's not the case. the team still plays in anaheim, and for all i know they have no plans to move. and yes a sports team does represent the town it plays in. it depends on the particular towns population to generate revenue and vice versa. the team won a world series as the anaheim angels, not los angeles. and halofan is a true fan of the angels he never stated otherwise, he is not a fan of the owner and the name change. you're reference to the suns and the fact that you are a fan of theirs has no bearing on the case at all. it's totally different as a matter of fact. anaheim HAS a team, but the owner for whatever reason is changing the name of the team for whatever motives.

one last thought..... a true fan loves the team not the town. it is fine to be proud of where you are from but a sports team does not represent the town it plays for. The players on the teams are not from the towns in which they play. It is your job as a citizen of your town to represent your your town not a sports team. I love the Twins because they were the first team i watched when i was young becaues i live in minnesota. How ever i watched the phoenix suns basketball team beacayse when i was young minnesota didnt have a b-ball team and sure i love the T-wolves now cuz i see them alot but the suns are still my favorite team. If the identity of your town is based on disney land and a baseball team then thats pretty shallow. and dismissing your surrounding communities as scum is also pretty sad.

This is the problem with modern sports. Teams are SUPPOSED to represent the communities they play in. Otherwise, why do they have city names at all? They play in a CITY owned facility, not their own. The stadium was built and is still OWNED by the city of Anaheim.

I've asked this before, so I'll ask again, should the people of Brooklyn still be fans of the Dodgers, should people in New York still be Giants fans, and should the people of Philadelphia and Kansas City still be fans of the A's? Doesn't matter where they play, does it? Those people shouldn't give up their teams just because those teams say that they'd rather play in a different place, and that you're not good enough for them.

It's pathetic, and anyone that goes along with the name change is pathetic. They sit back and take anything, take all the lies, and give their money to someone who goes and slaps them in the face. It's a problem with this country in general, ever backing down, letting those in power getting away with anything because there's "nothing we can do about it."

There is something that can be done. A true fan sees how bad a certain decision is, and how it will destroy the franchise. A true fan tries to save said franchise by speaking out against the moron who is killing it. A true fan doesn't take crap from someone just because he signs a couple of free agents and cuts the price of beer (while raising the price of everything else).

If he wants to destroy the team, that's fine, but do it somewhere else. Get out of Anaheim so we can bring in someone else that wants to thrive here, and would be proud to be a part of our community.

• 2 months later...

This is the problem with modern sports. Teams are SUPPOSED to represent the communities they play in.....I've asked this before, so I'll ask again, should the people of Brooklyn still be fans of the Dodgers, should people in New York still be Giants fans, and should the people of Philadelphia and Kansas City still be fans of the A's? Doesn't matter where they play, does it? ........It's pathetic, and anyone that goes along with the name change is pathetic. They sit back and take anything, take all the lies, and give their money to someone who goes and slaps them in the face. It's a problem with this country in general, ever backing down, letting those in power getting away with anything because there's "nothing we can do about it.".........If he wants to destroy the team, that's fine, but do it somewhere else. Get out of Anaheim so we can bring in someone else that wants to thrive here, and would be proud to be a part of our community.

• 6 months later...

Regardless of the argument, and I have the exact oposite opinion of Halo, this stadium is probably the third best current stadium mod out there (behind Big O's Fenway and Oriole Park mods). I recommend this to everyone who needs the Angel Stadium mod. Personally I have removed the protest propoganda (No, I will not distribute it privately) and I love it. It's very easy to change, but it really doesn't need it.

I will not be updating Angel Stadium. This one is good enough. Perfect in fact.

Archived