Anaheim Stadium - The Protest Version...The work ends!

HaloFan

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halofan, can't wait for it. Looks great! Love the red in the crowd. I wish other stadium guys would do this for their crowds.

Suggestion: You could put one oerson in the crowd wearing a "we're NOT LA" t-shirt. There was a guy that had them on ath the last game I went to. It could be your little dig at Arte. :mrgreen:

1) The Angels left Los Angeles in 1965, why would anyone get upset about a name change when the team LEAVES?

2) Los Angeles ignored the Angels, which is why they left and came to Anaheim.

3) ANAHEIM IS NOT IN LOS ANGELES!!!!!!!!! I swear, how many times to some people need to be hit in the head to get that?

This isn't about the name, it's about the community that a team represents. The Angels no longer represent the place they play in. They no longer represent me. When a team goes and plays another team, it's not just the team, it's the community that is at war. It wasn't just the Angels that won the 2002 World Series, it was the city of Anaheim. It was ANAHEIM that beat New York. It was ANAHEIM that beat Minnesota, and it was ANAHEIM that beat San Francisco.

When the Angels won the division title in Oakland last year, it was Anaheim that came in to the Bay Area, took over the Coliseum, and celebrated in their home.

Beyond that, how would you feel if you were say black, and your team decided to start using the N word as part of it's name? Or if you were Hispanic and the team decided to change its name to the W word? Would you be so happy to continue to root for them with these highly offensive names?

LOS ANGELES IS AN OFFENSIVE SLUR IN REFERENCE TO THE PEOPLE OF ORANGE COUNTY! Just because some people are too narrow minded to understand the difference between those of us from Orange County, and those from the other side of the border, shouldn't mean we get own identity stripped away from us. This is why the Rams are in St. Louis now, and also why nobody here misses them.

To call LA the rightful owner of the Angels is the biggest insult of them all. LA had the Angels for 50 years, and what did they do, they kicked them to the curb the second the Dodgers announced they were moving to LA. When the Angels were brought back as a Major league franchise, they were ignored. Anaheim gave them a home, a stadium, and a very loyal group of fans who have now been told that they're not good enough for the Angels anymore.

If he wants to wear the LA name, then pack up the team and MOVE THE HELL OUT! But don't try and play off that Orange County should feel lucky that we even have a major league team and that we should have to take the name of an inferior community in order to have them here. There are plenty of teams that would LOVE to have this stadium, this community, and this market.

You either represent the place you play, or you get the hell out. That's how I see it. I'd be very proud to root for the Anaheim Athletics, but I will NEVER support the Los Angeles Angels.

Wow. That really cought my attention. Great job. Now, even I hate Los Angeles, and I live in Texas!

Halofan, can't wait for it. Looks great! Love the red in the crowd. I wish other stadium guys would do this for their crowds.

Suggestion: You could put one oerson in the crowd wearing a "we're NOT LA" t-shirt. There was a guy that had them on ath the last game I went to. It could be your little dig at Arte. :mrgreen:

The fans do have little sayings on their shirts ;) I put some Anaheim shirts on the fans, and some Beat LA shirts. Half of them are going to be backwards, due to how the game places fans in the stadium, but it's not too bad.

Lucas, thanks for pointing that out. Since I'm grabbing most of these files from last year's version, I haven't been doing a lot of proofreading. I still have Hudson pitching for the A's as well.

The day version is almost complete. I've still got to do the dugouts, and some general cleanup, but just about everything is in place.

rfdone.jpg

I've added the American, California, and Anaheim flags to their proper position, added the Kettle Korn stand, and put in ads for findyourstyle.com just above the Memorial Care ad.

Distance markers have been added to their proper locations, with their proper numbers, and I've resized the ads below the out of town scoreboard. I also put WAS on the scoreboard.

lfdone.jpg

Alot of work done here. The A has been added above the scoreboard (I've resized it since this screenshot). The bullpen ads have been added, as have the ads on the Center Field Wall. Rich Harden has replaced Tim Hudson as the opposing pitcher.

lfcornerdone.jpg

The ribbon boards along both baselines have been added, along with the proper ads. Bank Of America and Coors Light are new this year, while Suzuki was added last year, but not until after I stopped modding.

By the way, maybe I'm ignorant, but I don't know what the "W" word is...

I believe it rhymes with mop. Although I thought that was a slur for Italians.

And yeah, definately a bit of an over-reaction. Though I'd certainly be pissed in his situation.

Your work has always stood on its own merits, and this one is no different. I can live with any inaccuracies there may be in your version of the stadium because the whole thing has been done so crisp and clean. I certainly hope my Miller Park mod is on that level (when I decide to get around to it)...

looks good. Thank you for not overdoing your protest

i think the orange county register ad would look better if you do it on one line instead of one stacked on top of the other

It's possible, but that's not how their logo is now. If that were the ad there, I'm sure that is how it would look.

The day version "should" be out later this week. I have no timetable for the night version thanks to EA's insistance on not keeping the files the same in both versions. It's like having to start over from scratch.

As I look a the pre-game show, it does look like that championship banner isn't on the outfield wall anymore, so I may remove it, or move it to a different area. McPherson was called up today, so I'll probably put him on the scoreboard.

OK, I've spent the evening making some minor touchups, as well as a new ad or two:

NewCarlsBoard.jpg

I made a better looking version of the Carl's ad, with a more rounded white line. McPherson has been added to the lineup, and you can see where the working scoreboard is in place, along with the jumbotron.

RFCorner.jpg

Here we have the findyourstyle.com ads in place (there are 4 ads instead of the three I had originally thought). You can also see an ad they added tonight for the Saturn Relay. I was pleasantly surprised to find the actual image that they used for the ad, especially since the ad was for Chevy last week.

BehindHome.jpg

Here's a look behind Home Plate. I've redone the ad back there to look more like real life. I've added the door that leads to the Umpire's room, which also makes the ad smaller, which it is in real life. I've also swapped out the Las Vegas ad for Kragen, although I've kept Las Vegas ads on each of the base line ad boards.

HomeDugout.jpg

I've also completely reworked the dugouts, here's the home dugout. I did extensive OEdit work on these to prevent ugly overlapping of the logos on the dugout wall. Last year I just kinda stuck the graphics in there and hoped for the best. This year I really wanted it to look great.

RoadDugout.jpg

And here's the road dugout, with a closer look at the fans.

Hmmm, what's that sticky stuff in my pants?

8O

Damnit Halo, why'd you have to make it that good?

:D

It's called raising the bar my friend ;) You do it with your hi-res road trip, I do with this mod.

If I'm going to take a stance as I have here, I can't make a half-assed mod, I have to go all out and make this the best mod I possibly can. In the spirit of that, I have a quick peek at something I did a few minutes ago.

DugoutTop.jpg

This year I've found ways to become more economical with vertices, or at least find new ones to use in a much better way. Because of this, I do believe that I will be able to do the dugout tops. This was something I really wanted to incorporate last year, but just couldn't find a way to do it.

It's going to bump back the release date of the stadium, but I've got to run with it here. It's really about all that's left for me to mod in the stadium, other than the water coolers and bullpen phones. ;)

<weeps with pure joy> This...snif sniff...is...sniff...an Angel fans dream come true!

Can't wait!

*small note...VERY small... on the dugout railings there are ads in white lettering. On the visitor is Delta.com I believe..and on the home dugout railing is Bank of America.com

don't know if it's possible to add it. but, with or without the stadium is absolutely beautiful!

:D

Archived