Who is doing what? and other dynasty related hints and tips

redsox

I think this would help people who want to start a dynasty and want to know the teams that are currently being presented. I will update the list as members start presenting their dynasty.

This thread can also be used to discuss ideas that everyone may have and suggestions to improve the overall presentation in general. Here are some ideas people have suggested that they would like to see implemented.

-Player comeback - a player, probably someone who retired young, tries a comeback... An example of a player you could do this with is Ben Grieve.

Have something like reports from ESPN like I had reports on guys that admitted using steroids such as A-Rod, Giambi, and Bonds. Really livens up your dynasty.

If you're doing a multi-year dynasty, you could use "rebuilding" as a central theme early on in your dynasty, trading away veterans for younger players and prospects.

Nothing innovative here, but I'd like to see these Dynasties presented:

1. 1978 Mod (Yankees or Red Sox)

2. Carribean Dynasty (HLFR is working on it)

3. 1994 Mod (Montreal)

4. 1961 Mod (Yankees, presented in traditional black and white)

5. World Baseball Classic (Any Team - not necessarily a Dynasty, but presented in a tourney like fashion.

Like I said, not necessarily an idea for spicing up a dynasty, but since we're on 'ideas', I thought I would drop this in.

I would love to see any one of these taken on.

I have two ideas.

1) Stick with it. There's nothing more disappointing than getting caught up in a dynasty and than see that the person gave up on it. Its been said that its a challenge to keep up with a dynasty here, and If you're not up for it, don't start one in the first place.

2) Be creative. Seeing the same layout in every dynasty starts to lessen the value of all that use it. Try getting your own feel for your dynasty.

That's it for now.

Here is an idea that could be quite interesting. We could have a re-arranging of teams with the divisions. For example, the fact is no matter how many top prospects the D-Rays are going to draft, its very unlikely that they will be able to compete with the likes of New York and Boston and even the Jays.

What I suggest is to give teams like the D-Rays a chance to shine. Maybe they could be moved to the NL. And not just with D-Rays, shake the division up in such a way that high payroll teams are grouped together (based on geography of course) and provide the teams that have limited budget a better opportunity to showcase their skills and give them hope that they too can win the division.

Also, I think it would be truly amazing if the Yanks and the Red Sox were in two different leagues and there was a possibility of a World Series matchup between the two.

Shocking, I know, but there are dynasty ideas not yet used. Anyone can use these free of charge, for what will certainly be the best dynasty we've ever seen.

Miami Vices:

Can you take every player arrested or suspended for drugs, domestic violence, or some other illicit activity to the top? Can Brett Myers and Elijah Dukes occupy the same dressing room? Does Delmon Young keep throwing bats at people?

Oakland (Un)Athletics:

How many fat guys can you fit into one dugout? A rotation featuring CC Sabathia and David Wells guarantees tons of sweaty fun. Can Rich "El Guapo" Garces make it back to the Bigs?

Arizona Agony:

You're in charge of the only team with more trainers than players, as you field the 25 most injury prone players in the tricky NL West. Who falls down the stairs carrying deer meat? Who cracks a rib sneezing? Who brains himself with his bat during a particularly violent swing?

Philadelphia Phury:

With all of the angriest and most violent players in the majors, Philadelphia's in for a heated summer. Watch Lou Pineilla try to keep Carlos Zambrano from stabbing Kyle Farnsworth with a broken bat!

Indians in the Cupboard:

An Indians dynasty with players widely suspected of being gay. Will traditional Midwestern values trump the desperate Cleveland need for a championship?

Houston Hustle:

You know the type, the run-out-every-play midget freaks that make baseball great. David Eckstein's hustle has made him the most feared player in the game. Chone Figgins treats every game like his last. Can you overcome their meager talent and short stature to win the NL Central?

The Texas Tonguetwisters:

Grudzialanek. Mientkiewitz. Saltalamacchia. Can your wrists make the entire 162 games typing the longest and most convuleted names in the game? Can they make it to the top of the West?

Minnesota Makeup:

Makeup, one of the intangibles that you just can't ignore. Can the nicest players in the league turn their remarkable boredom into World Series gold?

San Fran Senility:

After years of trying, Sabean has finally amassed the 25 oldest players in the game. Will Julio Franco make it through a season without breaking a hip? Can Roger Clemens bravely battle back from hemmorhoids?

Shares of one baseball team are sold as stocks, and the collective stockholders get to make decisions with a chairman of the stockowner board as the head decision maker. Because the team is owned by the mass public, it makes a lot of uninformed moves, I.E., trading for players who are overrated like Juan Pierre and Raul Ibanez and overrating runs, average, RBI, and wins.

Here is the list:

If I missed anyone, please let me know, and I will add that in.

AL East

Baltimore Orioles -

Boston Red Sox -

New York Yankees -

Tampa Bay Devil Rays -

Toronto Blue Jays -

AL Central

Chicago White Sox -

Cleveland Indians -

Detroit Tigers -

Kansas City Royals -

Minnesota Twins -

AL West

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim -

Oakland Athletics -

Seattle Mariners -

Texas Rangers -

NL East

Atlanta Braves -

Florida Marlins -

New York Mets -

Philadelphia Phillies -

Washington Nationals -

NL Central

Chicago Cubs - JoeRudi26 - ~ DEFENDING THE CONFINES ~ - A 2008 Chicago Cubs Dynasty

Cincinnati Reds -

Houston Astros -

Milwaukee Brewers -

Pittsburgh Pirates -

St. Louis Cardinals -

NL West

Arizona Diamondbacks -

Colorado Rockies -

Los Angeles Dodgers -

San Diego Padres -

San Francisco Giants -

Unique Dynasties

HFLR - * Caribbean Time! *

Helpful dynasty related links

Starting an 07 dynasty and doing it the right way - by TheMadcap

1. Extracting box scores?

TyWiggin's Box Score Extractor - http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=3243.html

2. Starting in 2007 w/ 07 schedule?

Hory's 07 schedule w/ TyWiggins Schedule Updater or Hory's schedule with the 07 maker included in the 07 patch #2

07 Schedule - http://www.eamods.com/index.php?name=Downl...e=details&id=60

Schedule Updater - http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=3200.html

MVP 07 Patch #2 - http://www.eamods.com/index.php?name=Downl...=details&id=184

3. Editing stats (to fix scoring errors such as inside the park homeruns, etc?

4. Updating player cyberfaces durring a dynasty?

MVP Editor - http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=3607.html

5. Updating player portraits durring a dynasty?

You can do it whenever, as long as the player has an ID or his ID doesn't change (refer to player ID thread at eamods.com for list of IDs). If you create a player in your dynasty, use MVPEditor to give him an ID number.

6. Updating generic faces durring a dynasty with faces other than the default?

Uncle Mo's 'The Best Dang Generic Face Pack Ever"

7. Expanding to 40 man rosters in Sept?

NOT POSSIBLE

8. Having an accurate disabled list to start the season?

MVP Editor

9. Starting the first season of a Dynasty in Spring Training as opposed to the first day of the season

The Spring Training Mod - www.mvpmods.com/Downlo...=3844.html

10. Change teams durring a Dynasty?

TyWiggins Team Changer - http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/c=22/page=3.html

11. What program can be used to take screenshots during the game?

FRAPS - www.fraps.com/download.php

All-Star Dynasty Saves - by Krawhitham

UR & KG

They start at the All-Star Game

I edited the schedules so all make up games to be played are scheduled

Win/Lose records for all teams are correct

For use with 07 models.big July update

I DID NOT edit any player stats, you can do so if you wish by using Ty's Stat importer

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=374904.html#374904

You will also want to use Ty's Team Changer (unless you want to play as the Reds)

http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=3201.html

The forum here will not let me upload the file so you will have to get it here

http://www.eamods.com/index.php?name=Forum...c&p=22773#22773

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I got Photoshop installed now and I dealt with my virus problems so I should start getting more into the dynasty in the near future. By the weekend, I'll have a lot of layout things done. I'm just going with a standard theme similar to the Jays current season with a ton of injuries to deal with.

Great idea. I've been off of MVP for quite some time now maybe two months...and I'm getting the itch to play but I need to reinstall everything again, and this time I might have the ability to keep up with a dynasty :D Did anyone even like them? lol

There are a lot of great dynasties here, hopefully this inspires some more of them.

That's also a good idea, but I see that as being more of a unique dynasty idea than a typical dynasty.
I have updated my first post to include that and other dynasty related hints and tips. If you guys think that this thread is not an appropriate place to post those, let me know and I will remove them. Take care.

Archived