2011 Rosters

SESbb30

I plan on releasing three versions of the roster in quick succession:

Version Alpha: Will have all of the MLB teams as we edited them, and minor league rosters will be very inaccurate

Version Beta (7-10 days later): Will have the MLB rosters updated, Free Agents added

Version 1.0 (2-3 weeks later): Will have the MLB and minor league rosters accurate

Ensuing weeks and months: updating the ratings and rosters for all teams. I hope to have completely up to date rosters, ID assignments, and perhaps even ratings (if I get some help) by the All-Star Break.

For those of you looking forward to this release, I am sorry we took so long . . . it is a big project to update all of the stats and there is still a lot to do before everything is in accord with reality. If you're interested in helping me update the rosters and/or the ratings for the minor leagues (after their opening day, April 6+) please let me know. Updating the rosters once their all up to date will be much easier, but getting everything up to that point is a massive project . . . especially when the season is already in motion.

~Chris

A big thank you to you and everyone else who has worked on and is continuing to work on this update. Cheers!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yah, Y4L is right. Don't rush it. We'd rather have a great, accurate roster a month or two into the season than a formidable one a week or two from now.

If I were you, I'd stop posting release dates, as well as just release a final roster. People tend to get antsy and demanding when mods are "expected."

Are any of you familiar with Black Mesa Source? Its a highly anticipated retro-mod of the video game Half-Life, and since posting a release date in late 2010, the developing team still hasn't released the game. The resulting anger and ants of the anticipatory community is a bit crazy.

Yea, I think I'll just try to get everything done before release. I don't know what Ryan and Travis plan on doing, but I'm going to see this through and try to keep updating the rosters all the way through to opening day 2012, at least (I'm still hoping for a full conversion mod for next year).

Anyhow, I'll likely shoot for the All-Star break to release the full and complete rosters, though half-baked models are already available to me, Travis, and Ryan due to the work we've already done.

Again: no promises, but the hiatus in MLB action during the All-Star break seems like a fair shot.

~Chris

Can't you just download and import the Lahman Database? It literally took me 30 seconds to update almost everyone's stats in my roster update last year.

Bah! I meant that it is a big project to update all of the ratings.

Seriously Travis, you should look into this method of updating the stats . . . . if you're not already using it. Thanks HH for pointing that out.

~Chris

The Lahman database is NOT compatible anymore with MVPEdit. I spoke with Jim825 regarding this a while back.

Per Jim - "Unfortunately, MVPEdit has not been updated since 2006, so the latest version of the Lahman database that it supports in v5.3, meaning that you can only import teams and players through the 2005 season."

The historical stats can be imported, player-by-player however. But you need to be careful as the Mvpedit config file needs to be updated from the original. The team lahman mappings are off from the new db vs. Mvpedit, which results in statistics being mapped to the wrong team.

With that said, I import each players historical stats player by player with Lahman, then hand enter the 2010 data for the current data. I compiled my own 2010 database to supply me with the L/R breakdown and it is formatted like Mvpedit, so data entry goes quicker. I can now knock out a team in about a half hour.

HiHeat, of you have information that I do not regarding importing, please share!! :)

I'd rather not update everyone at the forums on our progress anymore . . . like Dylan said, people are likely to get antsy and make insinuations. Everyone interested in helping with the MLB roster updates, and minor leauge roster updates, ratings, and stats, please e-mail me. Ryan, I know I already have your e-mail, Travis, please e-mail me:

chrisgooverthere@yahoo.com

MLB will post minor league rosters in the next couple of days so that we can get started.

~Chris

I know how to move players around using MVPEdit. I've actually been working on grmrpr1313 rosters to get the fulll minors correct. I cannot create players (except very basic versions of them), do cyber faces or portraits as I have not learned how to do these yet.

SIDE NOTE to grmrpr1313: I was editing your work for my own use, not to publish.

Anyway I would be willing to help with the roster process with doing the full minors. I know I don't have a lot to offer but I would still be willing to contribute any way I can. I'm trying to make MVP 2005 last until EA can put out another baseball game.

I know how to move players around using MVPEdit. I've actually been working on grmrpr1313 rosters to get the fulll minors correct. I cannot create players (except very basic versions of them), do cyber faces or portraits as I have not learned how to do these yet.

SIDE NOTE to grmrpr1313: I was editing your work for my own use, not to publish.

Anyway I would be willing to help with the roster process with doing the full minors. I know I don't have a lot to offer but I would still be willing to contribute any way I can. I'm trying to make MVP 2005 last until EA can put out another baseball game.

I sent you a PM. I look forward to working with you. Thanks!

~Chris

Still on the lookout for people willing to update player ratings. The more help Ryan and I have, the quicker this project will come to fruition.

~Chris

i can help you with creating players from A team, which is my next project after realising new prealfa version of my roster :) in few days i will realese new version with complete MLB, AAA and AA roster. Not enough time to create a thousands players from A teams :(

Guys, I am currently compiling a list of MiLB rosters as of today and will get everyone on their correct roster as of this time. When I am finished (keep in mind there are 90 teams), I will hand them off to you guys for proper ratings and proper skin color, etc. This is going to be a huge task, so please bear with me. :-)

i can help you with creating players from A team, which is my next project after realising new prealfa version of my roster :) in few days i will realese new version with complete MLB, AAA and AA roster. Not enough time to create a thousands players from A teams :(

What is your plan for the minor league guys? Do you intend to update the ratings? Do you intend to make the ID's accurate? Not that hard after all . . . just need to coordinate with this list:

Even if you don't, I guess I could update it after everything's done. BTW, is this your way of saying you wouldn't mind me/us copy pasting players from your roster onto our project? You would get credited of course.

~Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived