Building A Mvpmods Online League For Pc...

Barnes

Hi MVPMod Members,

I would like to try and build a serious Online league for MLB2K10 with the members of MVPMods.This would be for the PC version and we can discuss here what you guys think the rules should be.I am 43 years old, so I'm not some kid on a wim.

This will be a Private league that is password protected with sign up in this thread first before building the league in-game.

So if you wanna play a serious season of online baseball go ahead and sign up with your mlb2k10 in-game name and the team you want.Also let me know your thoughts about rules.

Rules we have so far..

9 Innings

Flexable Schedule

Season:104 Games

Postseason Format:Best of 7

Difficulty:Pro

Trading:On

Trade Deadline:On

Strikezone Only:Off

Injuries:On

League Creation:April 3rd 2010

Opening Day: April 5th 2010

Season Ending:October 4th 2010

We need 30 teams but if we can't get 30 before opening day we will start with what we have.

I'm signing up!!

NL

Barnes = Atlanta Braves

PyroMessiah = Washington Nationals

Smartz1(Norag) = Cincinnati Reds

Snash132 = Arizona Diamondbacks

Rammblin = Philadelphia Phillies

Coma White = Houston Astros

zap3105(chump) = St. Louis Cardinals

SeveredSoulXXX = Milwaukee Brewers

juan123 = Los Angeles Dodgers

mjb6971 = Chicago Cubs

ElPatoRojas360 = Colorado Rockies

CaptTink = Florida Marlins

iSkylla = San Diego Padres

AL

Steven1707 = Tampa Bay Rays

cabooseX = Toronto Blue Jays

basesloaded74 = Cleveland Indians

Bcgrizzly1 = Boston Redsox

Bboy500 = New York Yankees

driz14 = Minnesota Twins

kraken613 = Seattle Mariners

johnnyu = Detroit Tigers

BigTStetson = Texas Rangers

Salad10203 = Chicago Whitesox

Stonehost = Oakland A's

rroy0824 = Los Angeles Angels

ixcuincle = Baltimore Orioles

mantis3 = Kansas City Royals

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would certainly be interested, and would want to be the Reds. However, I would have to know how the breakdown would work with the games. I am in law school and would be able to play usually in the evening. There would be two weeks after the semester where the wife and I plan on going on vacation to Boston. I would be unavailable during this time, as my laptop does not have a beefy enough GPU to run 2K10. I'm fine with the playoff setup and such, but I would like to see the World Series be a 7 game series (don't know if you can do all 5's with the WS be 7.

Yea, Maybe we should do a 104 game season,the Options are 20,52,104,and 162. If we do a 104 game season that would give folks like yourself time for vacations and such.

All playoff and WS games have to be set to 3,5, or 7 game series. I figured 5 would be fair for all.

I'll put you down for the Reds.

after reading more i went and got a copy of the game, personaly i love it, yeah it has a few issues, but nothing really that makes the game unplayable. like it was for 2k9, i would like to play. the team i would like to be are the Cleveland Indians.

5 is fair as far as the ws but realistically 2k has a full stat system now, we should be able to do the 7 with np's, but at any rate sounds good.

Yea, Maybe we should do a 104 game season,the Options are 20,60,104,and 162. If we do a 104 game season that would give folks like yourself time for vactions and such.

Sounds like a plan, bro. I'll do everything I need to do in order to make sure I'm able to connect to the game servers and whatnot.

OK, great to see you guys signing up!!

As far as Playoffs and WS, all it says in the Online league options is "Postseason Format, best of 3,5,or 7". It doesn't give an option for the WS.Maybe when we have our AL and NL champs it will give us an option to make the WS 7 games,that will be up to the 2 champion teams I guess.

So far you guys seem to favor 7 game playoff series,In real life 2 of the series are 7 games so we can go 7 games if you guys want.

Can't wait for the Season to start now,hope we get 26 more teams :)

Guys, just a thought, but would we want a TS voice-com server for the league? I'm more familiar with vent, but Ive seen 30 slot TS3 servers going for about 7 bucks a month and that's a lot cheaper than a comparable vent server. I'd be willing to to take care of the money end, set-up, ect. Thought it might be useful, would just need enough time to get comfortable with it so I can help deal with any problems/issues with getting people set up. Let me know!

I have TS,I use it for online racing.Some guys might want to use it.Before you spend any money let's see how popular this league will be.

I've been playing some games and really the only thing Difficulty level effects is pitching and hitting power.All-star level is very unforgiving on pitching,Pitch meter influeance is on 75%.Let's go with a Pro Difficulty level.The pitching is alot more forgiving but the power of the bats is higher.

So for now we will go with a Pro Difficulty.

If you have friends that have MLB2K10,try and get them to join us.

I have TS,I use it for online racing.Some guys might want to use it.Before you spend any money let's see how popular this league will be.

I've been playing some games and really the only thing Difficulty level effects is pitching and hitting power.All-star level is very unforgiving on pitching,Pitch meter influeance is on 75%.Let's go with a Pro Difficulty level.The pitching is alot more forgiving but the power of the bats is higher.

So for now we will go with a Pro Difficulty.

If you have friends that have MLB2K10,try and get them to join us.

Sounds good to me bro. Looks like we're getting a fair number. As we get closer to opening day, perhaps I'll post a poll or some such to gauge how many would be interested in using it.

Oh, by the way, my online account is under smartz1 (made it before the post on the league). Gonna try to change it to match my forum name, but haven't been able to locate that option. EDIT: linked the gamertag to Norag on the 2K forums, so hopefully that'll work.

Also, in the way of rules. I've noticed that for my Reds, instead of being on the DL Edison Volquez is quietly waiting down at Louisville for a call-up. I've just ignored him in my spring training since he won't be available in real life until at least June if I remember correctly (Tommy Johns). Hence, I think we should put in a gentlemen's rule that we will not use players who begin the season on the DL until they actually become available to their clubs.

We need 30 teams but if we can't get 30 before opening day we will start with what we have.

My guess for start date is either when we have 30 teams or on opening day, whichever comes first. As far as invites, don't know if Barnes has actually created the league yet. Perhaps we can start that sort of thing soon, although in all fairness, we should probably all start, join, whatever at approximately the same time as to not give anyone an unfair advantage/disadvantage when it comes to free agents. Of course, I'm not really sure how that works since this will be my first online sports game (I play MMO's, but in those there seems to be a dearth of free agents).

My guess for start date is either when we have 30 teams or on opening day, whichever comes first. As far as invites, don't know if Barnes has actually created the league yet. Perhaps we can start that sort of thing soon, although in all fairness, we should probably all start, join, whatever at approximately the same time as to not give anyone an unfair advantage/disadvantage when it comes to free agents. Of course, I'm not really sure how that works since this will be my first online sports game (I play MMO's, but in those there seems to be a dearth of free agents).

I think we should wait with setting up the league until we have opening day rosters. I remember having those outdated rosters in my madden franchise last year...lol

Archived