Newer Sports Games

SESbb30

please, tell me if im crazy, but it seems to me that ever since 2005 ALL sports games have sucked massively. the last sports game i actually liked was NFL2k5. i dont think its asking too much if the developers would actually F*****G TRY TO MAKE SOMETHING NOT RESEMBLING A STEAMING PILE OF S**T. im paying 60 bucks for a game on xbox360 that makes me throw controllers across the room. i normally dont do that kind of thing, but god dammit, i havent truely enjoyed a sports game since 2004-05 and im pissed. and the two big boys in town, 2k and EA are the worst out of anyone.

i really needed to get this off my chest because if i didnt, i was about to go ballistic on my xbox.

please, tell me if im crazy, but it seems to me that ever since 2005 ALL sports games have sucked massively. the last sports game i actually liked was NFL2k5. i dont think its asking too much if the developers would actually F*****G TRY TO MAKE SOMETHING NOT RESEMBLING A STEAMING PILE OF S**T. im paying 60 bucks for a game on xbox360 that makes me throw controllers across the room. i normally dont do that kind of thing, but god dammit, i havent truely enjoyed a sports game since 2004-05 and im pissed. and the two big boys in town, 2k and EA are the worst out of anyone.

i really needed to get this off my chest because if i didnt, i was about to go ballistic on my xbox.

Funny you should say that because those games are some of the last sports games I bought and enjoyed. NFL2K5 for the original Xbox was fantastic, wasn't it? But then like you said anything after that was a waste of money. From the complaints I heard from people in here they didn't care for the last few Madden editions because they were nothing but roster updates and the baseball games by 2K are so bad they are not even worth mentioning. Just reading the complaints by people in here year after year made me never buy this series of games.

2K is just incompentent and EA, well I think EA is even worse. They aren't incompetent but they are lazy and that makes them worse in my book. They have the money and the ability to release great games but they don't and they don't care because they know people will come back the next year to buy the newest one.

Mass Effect 3 (ending), CoD, BF3....

It's not just sports game that are becoming stale, and steaming piles of ****. ALL developers becoming lazy, innovation is lacking, and the bottom line...is well the bottom line and that's all that matters. Video games are an art that have become completely monetized. Look at the movie industry, it's the same thing. Instead of another Casablanca we've had how many Transporters and Cranks? How many American Pies? You're telling me that's the best hollywood can come up with? True art and dedication is gone, money is all that matters.

i hear ya detroit, i just cant comment too much on games like that though, im pretty much on the halo bandwagon, but even that has gone down the drain, EVEN GTA HAS which is really sad.

I kind of disagree with that, at least from the publishes (Rockstar) standpoint. GTA as a brand may have gotten stale, but I think Rockstar has done a great job innovating with the same concepts, and what we got was Red Dead Redemption which was a great game!

I tend to agree with you, SESbb30. The main problem is that technology is exponentially better in regards to console specs. However, the games aren't necessarily getting exponentially better at the same rate. Just knowing that these systems are so capable of producing great things, it only leaves to disappointment especially with console games. One can only think their game should be so much better.

well, its not amazing when the game from 2004 plays better than the game from 2012, and i am not happy about it when i push the steal button and have a sure steal but it takes a full second for the game to register that i pushed the button and then im out of position and the guy im guarding drains another 3. that is not amazing.

Well...... NBA2K12 is pretty damn good as far as sports games go. Sure, it has bugs as most games, but it's replication and presentation of the NBA is spot on.

i think NBA 2K has probably come a long way, Madden may be hit or miss and probably has regressed over the years. MLB The Show is probably the best sports title and continues to improve year by year. i havent played any new games due to my PS3 dying 2 years ago plus a busy work schedule. i find it more convenient to pop in the old MVP on my laptop, no console dying on me and still fun :good: as for MLB 2K, its improved but still not up to par.

I only play PC games, so NHL09 and Madden 08 (both heavily modded) are must haves for me. I enjoy NBA 2K12 as well, but I'm not that much of a basketball nut. Console sports games haven't been fun for me since NHL '94 and Tony LaRussa Baseball (probably my all time favorite baseball game).

I disagree with the blanket statement based on the fact the 2K Sports and the NBA2KX series is a phenominal franchise, in my own opinion. This game otushines them all and continues to deliver a great gaming experience year after year building and focusing on the solid core gameplay base while adding "nifty" features that do not really appeal to gamers like myself without taking away the features that keep me playing. Not to mention the open invitation for modders to to amzazing things with their game. Now this is just one genre.

I cannot say the same for other genres such as Football, Baseball or Hockey.

I cannot even begin to open the can of forms regarding the lack of development and creation for PC games.

I will say that the advancements made in technology and the tools for developers (hardware and software) has completely outpaced the quality of the games that are developed.